View Full Version : The Digestive System as a Model for Extraction.

01-10-2018, 05:52 AM
There are many ways we can perform extraction, as you all well know, but what about performing extractions the way G-d intended?

When we eat, we start first by macerating our food with the teeth. Simultaneously to this process, is a further breaking down of starches and fats with the bodies use of certain enzymes. Saliva consists of between 98%-99.5% water, electrolytes sodium,potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphate, and iodine. It also consists of antibacterial chemicals, a common example, hydrogen peroxide.

This gets the ball rolling, mainly for starches and fats. Then, when we hit the stomach, bang, Acid bomb.

Gastric acid is composed mainly of hydrochloric acid, potassium chloride, and sodium chloride. Again, this is axuiliarated by digestive enzymes. The acids work to stretch out protein molecules (denature) so that the enzymes can come in and get at their peptide bonds, releasing the amino acids which will in turn be used to rebuild your hidious bodies. ;)

Next up, pH swing. We all love a good pH swing do we not? Bile acid, composed of some unique salts, drop in through the gall bladder, as well as bicarbonates entering the duodenum (first part of the small intestines) from the pancreas and a few other bits and pieces along the way. This neutralised solution then enters the small intestine where it is filtered, micronutients are sorted I to either the blood stream or the lymphatic system (separation).

That's enough to get things started I think.

I'm going to see what happens if I try and replicate this stuff inside the lab. Obviously I won't be able to replace the dozens of enzymes however there may be ways around this, such as lo get digestion times.

It seems nature has a completely different way to perform her extractions than we do.

Who's doing it wrong? ;) Food for thought.

Dragon's Tail
01-10-2018, 06:00 AM
Dirty little Australian!!

I'm starting to think that we are connected by some thread other than being chatterboxes on this forum. Just today, I was so fascinated with how bees produce honey, and surprised to find out that we, humans, and other mammals make similar compounds in our saliva, that I spit on some sugar just to see. The enzymes are there, as is the peroxide, which you pointed out, to preserve nectar (sugar water) and turn it into something wonderful. I'll wait an see if mold starts growing on it, but it was worth a shot. Human honey might be a thing, specially if the GNC people hear about it and start peddling it.

01-10-2018, 07:02 AM
Hmmm. I'm going to spit in some sugar water too. That does seem like an interesting experiment. I'm looking I to ways to replicate enzymatic activity at the moment. I may just add a dash of yogurt or something.

Typically I believe chemists do their extractions similar to this method ie: HCL, then hydroxides ect...

I find the 'salts' an interesting aspect. They exist in each of the digestive steps, all unique to that part of the process ie: electrolytes in the mouth, and taurocholic acid and glycocholic acid in the liver+gall bladder. Its a big mission to mentally digest everything that's going on and put it I to the big picture, but the rewards will be grand I'm sure.

01-10-2018, 08:46 AM
Okay so it turns out that getting the required enzymes is not as difficult as I first assumed. You can literally buy most of these required enzymes, and if you happen to have an epic incubator, then you can produce it yourself.

This suddenly makes this idea very possible, that is, the idea to replicate the human system as a way of extraction, later on it may even develop into a way to make stones or other great elixirs. The hardest bit I can see so far is designing a mechanism that will allow for the separation of fats and sugars, from the proteins ie, that which goes into the blood vs that which goes into the lymphatic system.

I have a jar of Christmas beetles that has been macerating in pure 37% HCL for about a year. I wonder if I can use that as a very crude first exercise in the hydroxide extraction process...

01-10-2018, 12:21 PM
Dirty little Australian!!

I'm starting to think that we are connected by some thread other than being chatterboxes on this forum.

Let's write a book and ask Kiorionis really really nicely to edit it for us :o

Dragon's Tail
01-10-2018, 03:33 PM
When you say extraction, it's interesting to me. I'm not sure what it is exactly that you are trying to extract. Spit has enzymes built in, so in theory you could collect a lot of it and then dry it carefully for a menstrum. Those little enzymes do a lot of the work, busting up carbs and other complex sugars into simple sugars, ripping apart proteins so that cells can use them to build other proteins.

Or, the human system can be seen as a filter that produces/extracts nitrates ;)

Cellular energy comes from ADP and ATP. ATP stores energy until needed, and the little peptide bond breaks and releases a phosphate that is used to power mitochondria and the rest of the cell, at least, if I'm remembering my high school Bio classes properly. Are you trying to get phosphates?

Are you... looking for phosphorus?? lol

01-10-2018, 08:40 PM
Well that's a good question. What are we looking for? What are the most important, medicinal aspects of our common foods?

Your almost spot on, however Mitochondria is a massive factory of ATP production as well as probably using some of it as well. There are over 60billion ATP reactions going on in your body every second of everyday to keep you upright and coherent.

I am thinking that the goodies will be in the DNA. What do you think?

I'm not sure I want to do much with my actual spit other than just for curiosity's sake. I'd prefer to get a 'cleaner' source of enzymes. I don't feel comfortable going, "here drink this" "how did you make it" "I spat in a jar and let it rot for three weeks" lol, see what I mean?

There is a fungus (A. Niger) that creates basically all the enzymes I need in the one little pocket powerhouse so I think I might pull out my biochemistry books and get some Petri jars and have a crack and producing enzymes in the lab. Apparently its not very complicated, no more complicated than what we are already doing...

01-10-2018, 09:54 PM
Some Alchemists in the past pursued this line of thinking. They would feed chickens with ground up compounds and then later collect the chicken crap to see if any transmutation would occur. Their ultimate aim was to farm chickens that crap out gold dust!

01-10-2018, 10:12 PM
Interesting. The digestive system as a model for bio-transmutation...

I imagine that for any chance of that to work you would at least need to feed some of the transmutational chemicals to some type of Hardy animal.

Get a pig to drink your piss and some lead and see what happens? That's if you have a disposable pig lying around...

Back to extraction, its not just 'an extract' I'm really looking for here, and I'm not looking at the digestive system as merely an extraction method, I'm actually looking at the first part of the system as an extraction, but then my research will stem into the blood streams and lymphatic system (and other organs like the bones ect) to see how to create a nice, celestial, red + white oil, to make a grand elixir, that will cure illness, taste sweet, harden to a stone... You know... All the good things we've grown to know and love about our elixirs.

What I'm really lacking in my arsenal ATM is the ability to take a nice green plant, and bring it to a clear, ruby-redness, every time.

I have achieved it, however, only the once. Which was my very last attempt at an elixir, with my coriander

Dragon's Tail
01-10-2018, 10:14 PM
"here drink this" "how did you make it" "I spat in a jar and let it rot for three weeks"

But we can get nitre from pee. Hehe. Go figure.

Dragon's Tail
01-10-2018, 10:23 PM
What I'm really lacking in my arsenal ATM is the ability to take a nice green plant, and bring it to a clear, ruby-redness, every time.

I have achieved it, however, only the once. Which was my very last attempt at an elixir, with my coriander

That's an interesting note. RED and CLEAR seem to be determining factors for how we view purity in our Sulphurous oils. And the final product needs to be quite soluble to make it really handy. I may have figured out how to extract something of interest from my Sulphur using the water process (which can be made better with a better alkahest, I suspect). It was only the tiniest amount, but super clear. The thin layer i got was actually a yellow gum, and it was a tiny amount, so I need to do a lot more testing, ..., but... I've found that clear yellow liquid leads to thick, deep red solid or gum on dehydration. Maybe the color we should really be after is the yellow, or then again, maybe when I actually collect enough of this gum to leave a thick layer, I'll find that it's actually red. And it's my suspicion that this gum can come from any common plant.