PDA

View Full Version : What is Kundalini?

Awani
03-13-2009, 04:21 AM
The notion of a chakra as an energy node in the human body can be found mainly in Hinduism and its spiritual systems of Yoga, and in the New Age movement.

There are seven (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?t=6) main charkas, each with different attributes and powers, aligned from the base of the spine to the top of the head.

Wikipedia states in simple terms that...
“...the energy that was unleashed in creation, called the Kundalini, lies coiled and sleeping, and it is the purpose of a tantric yogi to arouse this energy, and cause it to rise back up through the increasingly subtler chakras, until union with god is achieved in the Sahasrara chakra at the crown of the head.”

In Hinduism the three principal channels, or pathways, in the human body are all represented in the Caduceus of Hermes (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?t=17).

The rod itself symbolizes the spinal column, the sushumna (through which the life force flows and by which means we enter and leave the body), and the two serpents conduct the spiritual currents, or pranas, along the ida and pingala channels.

This is symbolized by the double-helix pattern from the Chakra at the base, root, of the spine up to the top, the pineal gland, and the pair of wings (mercury/intellect).

The serpents represent the positive and negative energy ascending and descending from above and below.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/kundalini.jpg

When a serpent attacked Buddha, as the legend goes, it bound itself seven times around his waist, which could be symbolic of the seven main charkas, each with different attributes and powers, aligned from the base of the spine to the top of the head, but because of Buddha’s inner strength the serpent surrendered and became his follower. The serpent here is not a malevolent creature that Buddha masters, but instead the cosmic energy that lies coiled up inside that he gains control of.

This energy is the Kundalini, derived from a Sanskrit word meaning either coiled up, coiling like a snake or serpent power.

The Caduceus of Hermes (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?t=17) is thought to be an ancient symbolic representation of Kundalini physiology. Kundalini, according to the Yogic tradition, is curled up in the back part of the Root Chakra (the Muladgara) in three and one-half turns around the sacrum.

Rumi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumi), a Sufi mystic, wrote of Kundalini:

“You have the energy of the sun in you, but keep knotting it up at the base of your spine.”

The Yogic philosophy of ancient India is the originator of the Kundalini concept, which is the mothering intelligence behind yogic awakening and spiritual maturation. Both Charles Webster Leadbeater (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Webster_Leadbeater) and Carl Gustav Jung (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_jung) gave early western interpretations of Kundalini. There is also a connection, or similarity, with the Masonic CHiram and the Kundalini as Manly P. Hall (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manly_Palmer_Hall)points out in The Secret Teachings of All Ages (http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/sta/index.htm):

“…CHiram may be considered a symbol also of the Spit Fire moving through the sixth ventricle of the spinal column. The exact science of human regeneration is the Lost Key of Masonry, for when the Spit Fire is lifted up through the thirty-three degrees, or segments of the spinal column, and enters into the domed chamber of the human skull, it finally passes into the pituitary body (Isis), where it evokes Ra (the pineal gland) and demands the Sacred Name.”

Kundalini, Double-Helix, DNA, Hermes & Alchemy are all as intertwined as the snakes that twirl around the Caduceus. Anyway some food for thought...

:cool:

Amur
03-25-2009, 06:38 AM
Scientifically speaking I think Kundalini is the prime-earth energy that sustains the planet, and a natural state for humanity would be that everyone had their kundalini arised, but I suppose it will take some further evolution stages to get to that point. Scientifically speaking I think the force has to do with the emotional body and some spinal fluids and nerve synaptic endings being fired off in an unknown mechanism yet to science...

Awani
03-25-2009, 10:46 AM
That doesn't sound crazy at all Amur!

:)

Seth-Ra
04-05-2009, 06:18 AM
I would say kundalini is, in a sense- the energies that make us what we are.
The way i understand it, reality as we perceive it is a bit of an illusion, as it is all just energy, vibrations and light, intricately woven through the "medium/mercury", which creates our substance/physical perception of things. So the 7 chakras/kundalini are the 7 energies that make us up in the truest sense of the statement.

I may not be wording it quite right ( :o ), but thats basically how i understand/think of it. :)

~Seth-Ra

Play_Dough
04-07-2009, 11:12 PM
The kundalini energies, when released from the confinement of the lower chakra (lead), gradually incinerate the 'animal-based / bi-pedal primate' and transforms one (gradually) into an illuminated 'Child of the Divine'.

We don't 'do' kundalini.... kundalini 'does us' (when awakened).

All of those Western 'holy pictures' of individuals with a golden solar orb behind their heads is indicative of one who has been transformed (a massive and gradual transmutation) by the kundalini energies.

The Christ of Christianity suggests (also) an individual who has had the experience of the kundalini energies rising (finally) to the heart chakra after having incinerated or otherwise purified (tamed) the 'lower beasty nature'.

The heart chakra is (opinion) the 'switch' which, when activated, turns on the 'higher powers' of the top 3 chakras which remain dormant until the heart center is awakened.

The powers of the top three chakras are 'divine powers'. This cosmology, as stated, indicates (opinion) that 'true power' remains latent until we become truly loving and kind.

The result is that the 'former self' (animal based and biologically driven) has been incinerated and, in the process, a 'new self' (a rebirth) emerges from the ashes of the old.

The 'lead' of the lower chakra has been (must be) transmuted into gold!

The desire to awaken one's kundalini is indicative of the innate disposition of a moth (a seeker of light) diving into a flame.

The awakened kundalini energies transform the human body (initially) into the crucible in which the alchemical processes are performed.

solomon levi
06-04-2009, 12:10 AM
I have some experience with kundalini.
Some people aren't aware of the painful aspects that can
go along with a kundalini awakening.
My first experience was intentional. I had been taught to
visualise the coiled serpent and to will it up my torso using dance as
an aid. I was pretty successful. I even had red marks and flushing
on/in the skin, a line, wavy just like a serpent, going up my back.
And my chest had a large red circle, an area flushed with blood and
energy. Energy responds to consciousness.
A couple days later I felt sick with a fever and my hips and every muscle
and joint in my legs were aching very painfully, so much so that I couldn't
walk for a couple days, then I hobbled around in pain. The fire in the
hips and legs is indicative of the first seal being broken, or the first
chakra as some put it, being opened and worked through.

That was several years ago, and coincidentally, I am having the
experience again now - that is, over the past few days, only not quite as
intense...
I'm quite certain that this is related to my ingesting of the urine soap-
antimony-dead sea salt elixir that I posted about.
This past friday I had just been hanging around the house reading and
stuff, but I was taking quite a bit of the elixir for about a week, and my
legs and lower back were feeling sore. I thought it might be related to
some activities in the prior week - I had ridden several roller coasters
during my vacation to St. Louis, MO. But when I went to bed that night
it got worse and there was no comfortable position to be found. It kept
me up for most the night and that's when I recalled the similarities to
the intentional kundalini experience. It stretched into the next day and
finally disappeared, and I kept taking the elixir. And now a couple days
later, that is last night and today, the kundalini has physically moved up
into my chest and arms and hands and neck and ears and head a little,
but I'm intending to do more focus to bring it to the top.
But it was kind of scary, cuz again I didn't realise what was happening
at first and my chest was just getting really sore and it hurt to breathe
deeply. I wondered if there was something wrong with my lungs or my
heart. And then I had an inspired thought that perhaps it was my thymus
(the ductless endocrine gland related to the fourth seal/chakra) opening
up. Hudson had spoken of this with m-states. Then it started to spread.
I could feel the familiar aching, now between my shoulder blades and it
began to spread down my arms and into my wrists (really painful!) and
out my fingers and palms. Then a few hours later it was trying to move
up my throat and my chin felt connected to my chest. I can feel a fever
in my hands, arms, neck and face... and ears. My ears and arms turned
red at points in the process.
I finally got home and I decided to go ahead and push it and take some
more elixir. At first my chest started to feel pain again but then it opened
up and I could feel the energy going out instead of pressing down. After
a half hour or so all the sore spots turned into heat spots and have
mellowed out as i am writing now.

I'll keep you posted on any further effects.

Something that I have spoken of in a Castaneda forum long ago is my
certainty the what he called "losing the human form" is the kundalini
experience. Only in his experience the energy, which he describes as
a coiling or rolling up of a carpet, went from his head down to his feet
and that's where it ended. His experience was very painful, as was
La Gorda's. CC said her relation of the experience sounded like she
was having a heart attack, which crossed my mind today. CC thought
he might be having a stroke whe he had his.
You can read about these experiences and descriptions of the human
form in the books "The Second Ring of Power" (pg 156 in my large
paperback version) and CC's experience in "The Eagle's Gift" (pg. 111
in the small paperback). The books are online too if you want to search.

I recall Itzak Bentov had an interesting theory on kundalini.
Here - I searched it:

www.scribd.com/doc/13988128/Physio-Kundalini-Syndrome-Bentovs-Model-by-Swami-Satyananda-Saraswati

Amur
06-04-2009, 04:54 AM
That doesn't sound crazy at all Amur!

:)

I'm a scientist ffs, I don't satisfy easily :D

Play_Dough
06-04-2009, 07:43 AM
edited....

I have some experience with kundalini.

I read through your complete post twice and also read the 'link material' and (earlier) I read Castaneda's masterpieces. (I also read some of your previous and excellent estatic M-state accounts).

I understand that kundalini 'movement' can be quirky and unquantifiable.

Your first account surely seems authentic (and remarkable), the second account may be authentic but it is the 2nd episode that, kind of, raised a small red-flag in my mind.
My primary concern is that you are not poisoning yourself. (?)

I have had some 'mild' kundalini experiences but nothing that comes close to either of your experiences (as related).

I like to believe that whenever one has a kundalini experience, regardless of any transitory difficulty (pain, discomfort, disorientation, etc, etc.) that the result of the experience is to leave a permanent 'gift'. Something like, feeling physically 'lighter', a cathartic experience producing a new level of emotional comfort, a release (letting go) of pent-up negative energy, an intellectual break-through, realizations, some kind of 'advancement' where some 'obscurity' leaves.

In other words, it's not an event that simply 'comes and goes' but, instead, leaves a permanent 'gift'.

My impulse (re: your post) was to (socratic comments because of their highly personal nature) consider the presence of any chemical medications in your system or some aspect of diet (more chem) that may be partially producing some of the result(s) that you have related.

The 'thought stuff' (i.e., my heart, my lungs, etc.) can be accumulated 'sub-conscious' anxiety-related issues that the experience magnified and (?) released from you. Nevertheless, some of your account is also consistent with (my opinion) poisoning. I surely hope that is not the case.

Did you receive a 'gift'.... or just experienced the physical discomfort which gradually faded? I know that these experiences can be 'wiggy' and take many forms.

I suppose that the purpose of my reply is an attempt to establish some kind of 'litmus-test' designed to legitimize these experiences as authentic. My proposed 'test' is if the experience left a 'gift' or if the only 'gift' was because the discomfort stopped.

If both of your experiences (as related) were actual kundalini events, then what were they showing you?
Sometimes 'red spots', or soreness or stiffness can show that we are not drinking enough good pure water and, perhaps are consuming too much coffee, too much sugar, too much red meat, etc.

So, if these experiences are legitimate kundalini events then (maybe) the energies are too tied up handling (compensating for) imbalances present in your diet.

The sensation of 'stiffness' (as described) in the body is also (can be) an experience of consciousness 'leaving the body' which (the body) starts to feel like a rock... and continues until either the experience subsides or 'death' occurs and consciousness exits....

I'm gonna 'go-for-it' and suggest that you consider revising your diet with the goal of getting chemical-free and well-lubricated by drinking enough pure water. Then, I bet, that your next kundalini experience will be more 'transcendental' instead of a reminder that cumulative 'errors' have produced the result of 'torture chamber' instead of limber and flexible movement.

So, yes, the kundalini experiences can be painful, but if so, they are 'showing you something important' and it is my present belief that incremental improvements in diet are indicated.

Please take care (and forgive me if I am off-base).

I have enjoyed many of your previous posts...... many of which, I have found to be like a solitary finger pointing at something remarkable and worth investigating.

solomon levi
06-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks PlayDough.
I don't take any offense. Your post was written pretty objectively from what I could see.
It is a conundrum - I'm not sure a litmus test can be created for this. If Bentov was right, look how many people end up in a psychiatric hospital instead of being assisted. How could we test it? How much money would be involved in medical scans and tests where the doctors aren't even taught anything about kundalini to recognise it if it's there? For me, I have to just trust my spirit, and that's what I recommend to others. If I'm meant to die by poisoning myself without realising it then that probably can't be prevented. If I stopped ingesting the elixir when I first questioned if I was poisoning myself, I probably would not have had the second kundalini episode, if that is what it was/is. So I'll go on since I haven't had any significant impressions to stop - I've only had fears or concerns, which are reasonable - this is new to me. If I hadn't had the previous kundalini experience and hadn't read others accounts of m-state initiating kundalini experiences, I probably would have stopped.

I think that when a person gives up their life to things of spirit in a definite way, not just a mental decision - but acts of purpose and intent - spirit acknowledges that and we can be removed from the "ordinary" timeline which leads from birth to death and placed on a magical "timeline" that has no definite conclusion. I think that spirit values such individuals, searches for them, to re-begin the Great Work - making known the unknown. And as long as one is "alive" in the spiritual sense, I don't believe that accidents can happen - only purpose. So I have to trust myself with this. I'm sure you understand. So thank you for your sincere post.

As of today, I slept probably 12 hours and awoke with pressure behind the eyes and in the ears, like they need to pop, but they still haven't popped yet after a couple hours - the eyes feel some relief though.

I do drink some really good water. Have you ever heard of alchemical stir wands? They really work as far as oxidising the blood and everything. And I've tested it with an oximeter on myself and my parents. My mom had an aneurism last year and needed to be on oxygen for a while, but my dad got the stir wand and it really worked fast.

Let me see if I can search it:
www.quantumbalancing.com/stirwand.htm

I got the "gourmet" wand which is supposed to make things taste better, which it did - I don't use it for that much anymore - but also is supposed to have some spiritual effects, which it did at first, but I think I plateaued on them.

I suppose I call them alchemical because the guy who invented them lives on Crater Lake which has plenty of volcanic material obviously and I'm pretty sure I read that he was involved with someone making m-states for a time, but I don't recall where - you can google him and find out more if you like.
When you apply a magnet to the stir wand, the black material that is spread throughout the greyish material will be drawn to the magnet.

Play_Dough
06-04-2009, 10:04 PM
edited ....

Thanks Play_Dough.

I think that when a person gives up their life to things of spirit in a definite way, not just a mental decision - but acts of purpose and intent - spirit acknowledges that and we can be removed from the "ordinary" timeline which leads from birth to death and placed on a magical "timeline" that has no definite conclusion. I think that spirit values such individuals, searches for them, to re-begin the Great Work - making known the unknown. And as long as one is "alive" in the spiritual sense, I don't believe that accidents can happen - only purpose. So I have to trust myself with this. I'm sure you understand. So thank you for your sincere post.

I agree.

I do wish to make one additional comment/observation.

You have made a significant contribution to 'the historical records' of alchemy.
It seems that you have embraced all significant aspects of 'The Art' and have cared enough to document your findings and results. As such, you have earned your place in history.

My hat is off to you solomon levi.

solomon levi
06-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Aw shucks! You're too much. :o

If this does consistently produce kundalini effects in others and not
just myself, that would be something. Perhaps we'll see. I sincerely would like to see others benefit. And it's so simple.

But if you want to be on the safe side, wait another week or month and see if I am still posting. ;) LOL!

I'll sign off for tonight. I still have a pleasant buzz in my head... if I could choose one word to describe it I'd say "attention".

solomon levi
06-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Oh, I forgot to answer about "receiving a gift"...
Not that I'm aware of.
But there may not be permanent effects until it reaches the head. I really don't know.
With m-states the white is not supposed to be permanent, you have to keep ingesting it; but the red would change you forever, irreparably, as the theory goes.

Dizardos
06-05-2009, 02:16 AM
Let me ask you something....Is it accidental that there are 7 major chakras and 22 minor chakras? Do you really believe that it can be an accident? Is it chance? Is it luck? It does not matter where you look. The truth is in front of everyone. You cannot miss it. Everyone sees it, but few comprehend it for what it is. The chakras are just another method to teach the all pervading truth that is alchemy. Different methods for different people.

Alchemy is the only Great Art. It is the only True Science, since it is all encompassing. Yes, there are Philosophers who might appear to be fairly simple and uneducated in their treatises and tracts, but that is only because they keep the very best part of their Philosophy hidden. You will not find them explaining it in even its remotest senses. You really get the chaff, while they keep the kernel of the grain. At a certain point in time it is likely that you will believe that you have finally gotten the kernel, but it is most unlikely. Dig deeper still. See how well your Philosophy can be reasoned out.

I understand how many must feel. It would not be strange if you would be thinking: "There he comes again with his comments. Hardly ever agreeing with others. Just railing at the work of others with no worthwhile contributions of his own since everything of his own devise is intangible and thus of no use."

In a sense you are correct, but nevertheless there remains a problem. Most certainly it is true that those who continue to travel on the same road will receive more of the same of what they have already received. Are you happy with what you have received? Is it good enough to make your ideals a reality? To figure out the truth there can be nothing better than to be like a Philosopher in every way. Think like one, act like one, reason like one, write like one. Think about what they would most likely do and do it as well. You cannot disdain and disrespect their methods and yet expect to be able to enter into the most Inner Sanctum. It will definitely not work.

What are you doing? Just committing yourself to intensive labor? There are enough simple workmen in the world. Energy without an intelligent force that directs it amounts to wasted energy.

What are you doing? Do you suppose it is simple chemistry? Do you not find it strange that so many chemists have not found it? There is no need for second class chemists when there are first class chemists in the world with philosophies that are much more comprehensive.

What are you doing? Do you suppose that it is all spiritual, a state of mind? What is the purpose of thoughts? You use thoughts to attract. Attract what? That which is missing. You consciously understand your own imperfection and thoughts can be the means to correct those imperfections if used correctly. Keeping it therefore spiritual will manifest only more of the same. That which is intangible and not a real solution. That which is perfect is thoughtless. Powerful and thoughtless.

The good news for those who find my words annoying is that it is most likely that you will not have to put up with them a lot longer. The differences are too great. Furthermore the worst trait that most disciples of the alchemical art suffer from is their 'intellectualism' (and yes, I am including myself as well). Ironically that which is their greatest strength is also their greatest weakness. This intellectualism creates an inner world to which they can retreat. The outer world thus becomes less important. Thoughts are ideals. Perspectives on what it should be like compared to what it currently is. Great amounts of thought thus denote great suffering. Ideals that lie far away from the current reality. It is pain, but without it there is no gain. The suffering man will in time rise up to be the greater man, but a terrible price must be paid to achieve it. It is thus not without reason that intellectuals in any form often appear closed, cold, distant and thus unpredictable. Scheming ahead. Creating future worlds. They hold all the power in the world. The material intellectuals subjugate their environment, while the immaterial intellectuals let the environment rise to new heights which makes them greater too in turn. A natural conflict thus arises between the intellectuals whose balance currently appears to be broken. It can only be hoped that that will change in the future.

My attempts to communicate with selected intellectuals all across the internet have failed. Not even worthy of a denigrating response in most cases by all appearances. Not that it matters too much on one hand, but I believed that much more would have been possible.

Everything is in movement. Nothing stays the same. Times change. Situations change. Snakes shed their skins. I wish you all good luck.

"Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her. Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour. Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her. The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens. By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew. My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion: So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck."

There are hidden principles at work behind everything. Find them.

Dizardos

Dizardos
06-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Seven. Seven planets. Seven metals. Seven organs. Seven gods. Seven days. Seven stars. Seven times. Seven spirits. Seven trumpets. Seven chakras. Seven deadly sins. Seven virtues. Seven seals. Seven is the number that keeps recurring in so many forms. There would be no need to mention it so often if it was trivial. Seven planes of life. The planes of life span from the godly planes to the mortal ones. Life flows from the higher planes to the lower ones. In truth there far more planes of life, but the number seven is its representation.

Three. The Holy Three. Sol the Father. Luna the Mother. Salt the Son. The cause, the means or vehicle and the effect that is the offspring. The seven are continuous, while these are fixed, but only in relation to a defined object. The first is the emotional principle. It is Goodness. It is Love. It is master and yet servant. The second is the intellectual principle. It possesses a serpentine nature. It is Truth. The third is the bridge between the upper and the lower worlds. It is what binds the mother and father. Those who assume that gold as the emotional principle strengthens the heart and silver as the intellectual principle strengthens the mind have truly missed the mark.

Everything lives in greater or lesser degree. It is often assumed that size is a characteristic of strength. In truth it is a sign of weakness. Kingdoms that have become too large to control must fall apart. Tiny kingdoms hold true power.

There is life within life. Forces over whom you have no control. Consider your own body. What is the life of your body? Your blood. What is the life of your blood? Oxygen. What is the life of oxygen? As can be seen everything is sustained by something else and this can be carried on until it is out of reach of our own vision, but that does not mean that we have no idea about what will happen. The structure of your body does not inherently differ from a galaxy with stars and planets except for its purity. Central laws govern all.

Consider a twister. Why would simple air move in such fashion? Molecules with excess energy that expend that energy on their surroundings. It is a projection of seed. A making one which results in all air molecules moving in concert. Growth is in a sense not different.

The above can be seen as a reply to certain questions. It could have been much clearer, but it is not my place to do so.

Dizardos

Dizardos
06-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Do you love life? Do you want more life? Where can it be found? Certainly not within the mortal planes. The godly planes hold the key to create heaven on earth. Science has laid bare the incredible forces hidden away in matter, yet we are not interested in its destructive forms, but in its constructive forms.

"So be glad, heavens, and those who live in them! How terrible it is for the earth and the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, filled with rage, knowing that his time is short!" - Revelation 12:12

It is the higher forms of life descending upon the lower ones that is D Evil to the lower ones, yet death and life can never be excluded from each other. That which is its life will also be its death. Power is all relative.

Those who understand the creation of the universe can be certain that they are on the correct path by the correct application of that knowledge. Of course there are always questions left, but the further we push our understanding, the further we can push the possibilities. The question will undoubtedly arise whether it is truly necessary to understand the creation of the universe. No, it is not absolutely necessary. There have undoubtedly been alchemists who did not understand it fully, yet did know the modus operandi of the Magnum Opus. It simply feels incomplete. You WILL want to know.

Find the Magic Lamp, rub it so that the genie appears who will grant you your three wishes: Length of Days, Riches and Honor.

This is my last post. Maybe I will check up once in a while due to some requests, but it will not be much more than that. Good luck everyone!

Dizardos

solomon levi
06-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Greetings Dizardos.

Well, kundalini is precisely about what you are speaking of - life of "higher" or less mortal planes. Kundalini occurs on an etheric and astral level, which is why it is painful and death to the physical, the human form.

I've seen what you're saying... In my own words, life is the all. And our present "life" or reality is to allow only a part - that's all we, our bodies under the influence of mind, can handle. When we allow more life, more energy, greater frequencies, in, we are in effect killing the ego-mind- body.
If we were to allow all life in at once, we would disintegrate into nothing and everything - the great void or source that is one without seperation. We cannot exist there as seperate observing entities IN the void. There is no seperation, no subject-object relationship. That's why these "lower" planes were "created". To be able to experience life, creation, as a seperate, distinct individual. The source divided itself in order to know itself; and we are the knowing end of the chain. Of course we're the whole, but we play the "conscious" end of the great subconscious/superconscious... words are so limited, but you know what I mean. I have to speak in "appearances" instead of "isness".

Anyway, I like your posts. Hope to see you around.

solomon

solomon levi
06-14-2009, 03:38 AM
There are several people associated with non-duality that had their
awakening experiences and had great pain in their heads that lasted a
long time, sometimes years.
I can think of three off the top of my head - J. Krishnamurti,
U.G. Krishnamurti, and Karl Renz.

(the energy is really stuck in my head today.)

solomon levi
06-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Here is a text, "The Secret Fire", which considers some aspects of
Kundalini, aka speirema, paraklete...

http://www.hermetics.org/secretfire2.html

Awani
09-26-2009, 04:48 PM
This is my last post.

If this is true then you left with some good posts!

Would have liked to discuss furhter life within life with you!

Donna Matrix
05-19-2010, 06:30 PM
Solomon,

We meet again!

Seriously, I just started using ormus last week and can only tolerate a drop or two every other day.This stuff is crazy on the kundi energies, of which I have been experiencing since 2003. I was always told to never actively or consciously work on them or you would end up in the loonie farm.

That energy is liquid fire and the nervous system needs to be cultivated thru spiritual practice like a fine wine or rich soil. Last year I experienced major expansions and thought i was going crazy.

Hate to sound like a broken record, but DK says that insanity is the karmic price for spiritual ambition, perhaps the darkest and most insidious aspect of ego.

Still, I admire your balls.

If any one else has any experience with kundalini and ormus, or alchemy I would love to hear about it.

Aunt Clair
04-20-2011, 12:42 PM
SEVEN cont'd

7 female apostles enumerated but not all named in the Pistis Sophia of Christ
7 demons removed from Mary Magdalene , I believe that these are 7 inner demons one from each of the chakras ;

Revelation 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampstands is this: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches...//bible.cc/revelation/1-20.htm

7 golden lampstands of the Bible = 7 chakras = 7 churches
7 angels ? well Alchemy names a few ; HGA HS/GA Guardian Angel, Lunar Angel and Solar Angel

one suggestion of angels and churches;

Arch Angel violet
Lunar Angel indigo
GA blue
HS/Guardian Angel green
Higher Self yellow
------------------------------------
Lower Self orange
Guardian Demon red

Genesis 41:27 The seven lean, ugly cows that came up afterward are seven years, and so are the seven worthless heads of grain scorched by the east wind: They are seven years ...//bible.cc/genesis/41-26-27.htm

Leviticus 25:8 "'Count off seven sabbaths of years--seven times seven years--so that the seven sabbaths of years amount to a period of forty-nine years. ...//bible.cc/leviticus/25-8.htm

Numbers 23:1 Balaam said, "Build me seven altars here, and prepare seven bulls and seven rams for me ...
//bible.cc/numbers/23-1.htm

Numbers 23:29 Balaam said, "Build me seven altars here, and prepare seven bulls and seven rams for me ...
//bible.cc/numbers/23-29.htm

Joshua 6:4 Have seven priests carry trumpets of rams' horns in front of the ark. ... Seven priests will walk ahead of the Ark, each carrying a ram's horn. ...//bible.cc/joshua/6-4.htm

2 Chronicles 17:11 Some Philistines brought Jehoshaphat gifts and silver as tribute, and the Arabs brought him flocks: seven thousand seven hundred rams and seven thousand seven ...//bible.cc/2_chronicles/17-11.htm

2 Chronicles 29:21 They brought seven bulls, seven rams, seven male lambs and seven male goats as a sin offering for the kingdom, for the sanctuary and for Judah. ...//bible.cc/2_chronicles/29-21.htm

Ezekiel 45:23 Every day during the seven days of the Feast he is to provide seven bulls and seven rams without defect as a burnt offering to the LORD, and a male goat for a ...//bible.cc/ezekiel/45-23.htm

Mark 8:20 "And when I broke the seven loaves for the four thousand with seven loaves,how many large baskets of leftovers did you pick up?" "Seven," they said. ...//bible.cc/mark/8-20.htm

Revelation 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden
lampstands is this: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches...//bible.cc/revelation/1-20.htm

Revelation 2:1 "To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: These are the words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand and walks among the seven golden lampstands ...//bible.cc/revelation/2-1.htm

Revelation 4:5 From the throne came flashes of lightning ...Before the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits of God. ...And in front of the throne were seven torches with burning flames. ...//bible.cc/revelation/4-5.htm

Revelation 8:2 And I saw the seven angels who stand before God ...and to them were given seven trumpets. ...

Revelation 8:6 Then the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared to sound them. ... Then the seven angels with the seven trumpets prepared to blow their mighty blasts. ...//bible.cc/revelation/8-6.htm

Revelation 10:4 And when the seven thunders spoke, I was about to write; but I heard a voice from heaven say, "Seal up what the seven thunders have said and do not write it ...//bible.cc/revelation/10-4.htm

Revelation 12:3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads. ...//bible.cc/revelation/12-3.htm

Revelation 15:6 Out of the temple came the seven angels with the seven plagues. ... The seven angels
who were holding the seven plagues came out of the Temple. ...//bible.cc/revelation/15-6.htm

Revelation 17:9 "This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits. ...
//bible.cc/revelation/17-9.htm

Revelation 21:9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, "Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb ...//bible.cc/revelation/21-9.htm
KUNDALINI
An ongoing series of events that occur when the magician attains a triggering vibration of energy in the human energy body. A reciprocal element rushes into the body typically through the spine but always through nadis which are the energy channels . Initial events are associated with visions of Earth Cobras and feel like fire rushing up the spine but subsequent events are of sea serpents and flying dragons as icy water falling down the back in sheets or gentle breezes tickling inside the body like the breath of the Goddess. Kundalini events will be both idiosyncratic to the magician but also occur in a predictable contiuum.

Kundalini is felt , seen, and heard.It facilitates visions and projection from the body but also provides a higher vibration which affords greater clairience; clairsentience, clairvoyance, clairaudience, projection and evocation.

A partial journal of my own experiences with K events is here along with some discussions and external links ;
http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/index.php/topic,3688.0.html

Donna Matrix
04-22-2011, 04:23 AM
I had active kundalini since 2003, when I had a dreem of a giant snake coming thru the doogie door and gobbling mre up feet first. I have found so far that alchemy is having a stimulating and directing effects, with very clear planetary energies coming thru. I thought I was channeling dragons this last weekend with Aries Full mooonn. Now I have a point on my left metatarsal that is emmiting bursts of heat to the floor. It lasts for about 10 seconds, but it reminds me of a star shootinng particles into space.

Kundalini changes everything, from how you respond to everyday stimuli,, to how you respond to a Disney movie, to making money and how you spend your time. It has changed what I long for, ,and what I think about. Mostly it has made me yearn for God more than ever.

Nibiru
12-29-2011, 08:27 PM
A paper on the importance of kundalini for spiritual evolution and its relation to dna, taken from this link: http://kundalini-teacher.com/awakening/serpent.php (You'll need to go to the link for the images)

This figure is taken from a Mesopotamian seal of c. 2200 B.C. and shows "the deity in human form, enthroned, with his caduceus emblem behind and a fire altar before."9 The symbol of this Serpent Lord was none other than a double helix. The similarity with the representation of DNA was unmistakable!

I feverishly paged through Campbells books and found twisted serpents in most images representing sacred scenes. Campbell writes about this omnipresent snake symbolism: "Throughout the material in the Primitive, Oriental and Occidental volumes of this work, myths and rites of the serpent frequently appear, and in a remarkably consistent symbolic sense. Wherever nature is revered as self-moving, and so inherently divine, the serpent is revered as symbolic of its divine life."10

In Campbell's work I discovered a stunning number of creator gods represented in the form of a cosmic serpent, not only in Amazonia, Mexico, and Australia, but in Sumer, Egypt, Persia, India, the Pacific, Crete, Greece, and Scandinavia.

To check these facts, I consulted my French-language Dictionary of symbols under "serpent." I read: "It makes light of the sexes, and of the opposition of contraries; it is female and male too, a twin to itself, like so many of the important creator gods who are always, in their first representation, cosmic serpents. . . . Thus, the visible snake appears as merely the brief incarnation of a Great Invisible Serpent, which is causal and timeless, a master of the vital principle and of all the forces of nature. It is a primary old god found at the beginning of all cosmogonies, before monotheism and reason toppled it" (original italics).11

Campbell dwells on two crucial turning points for the cosmic serpent in world mythology. The first occurs "in the context of the patriarchy of the Iron Age Hebrews of the first millennium B.C., [where] the mythology adopted from the earlier neolithic and Bronze Age civilizations . . . became inverted, to render an argument just the opposite to that of its origin." In the Judeo-Christian creation story told in the first book of the Bible, one finds elements which are common to so many of the world's creation myths: the serpent, the tree, and the twin beings; but for the first time, the serpent, "who had been revered in the Levant for at least seven thousand years before the composition of the Book of Genesis," plays the part of the villain. Yahweh, who replaces it in the role of the creator, ends up defeating "the serpent of the cosmic sea, Leviathan."

For Campbell, the second turning point occurs in Greek mythology, where Zeus was initially represented as a serpent; but around 500 B.C., the myths are changed, and Zeus becomes a serpent-killer. He secures the reign of the patriarchal gods of Mount Olympus by defeating Typhon, the enormous serpent-monster who is the child of the earth goddess Gaia and the incarnation of the forces of nature. Typhon "was so large that his head often knocked against the stars and his arms could extend from sunrise to sunset." In order to defeat Typhon, Zeus can count only on the help of Athene, "Reason," because all the other Olympians have fled in terror to Egypt."

The Cosmic Serpent: DNA and the origins of Knowledge., by Jeremy Narby.

Buy this book at Amazon.com

"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up."

John 3:14

The Serpent is the symbol of the Mother Goddess... Mother Nature, evolution. Kundalites often dream of snakes, and it is a positive sign of awakening. Most commonly seen in dreams and meditations are cobras, blue snakes, and black red and white striped coral snakes. Don't be afraid! The snakes are symbols of life, wisdom, and the unified consciousness of DNA.

Natural selection cannot account for all of the evolutionary process. Scientists studying natural selection have found that evolution sometimes makes unexpected leaps, mutations. There are missing links that may never be found, because it seems that sometimes Goddess skips a few steps and goes directly to a more complex form. It is like natural selection is part of the process, but it is ultimately guided by a higher consciousness that creates perfectly interdependent ecosystems. What if the higher consciousness of this planet is a product of the collective wisdom of all DNA on the planet, working together in a unified field?

The Shamans of South America who do the ritual of the vine, say that at the beginning of life on Earth, there were these serpent creatures that were fleeing an enemy. And they came down onto the Earth, and they made all of the forms of life on Earth to have a place to hide themselves, and that was the beginning of creation.

These serpent creatures are your own DNA strands. Packed very tightly into every cell of your body is your DNA, and it is the blueprint that makes YOU. Scientists think that there's a lot of junk DNA along the chain that doesn't have any purpose. What scientists think is your dormant DNA is actually a multiple redundancy system. Encoded into that system is all of your vast potential for miracles. Some DNA is silent, and Kundalini can reawaken that DNA.

Kundalini is the Fire Serpent, you can think of the Fire Serpent as the spirit of DNA. DNA emits light like a telsa coil emits electricity.

Between the DNA of me, and the DNA of a plant, and the DNA of an oyster, there's not a hell of a lot of difference. It is through our DNA, through that piezio-electrical, vibrational exchange going on inside of us, we are unified with all other life on this planet. The collective consciousness of DNA.

Your DNA is a very complex mechanism. If you took all of your DNA from out of your cells, and unfolded it, unpacked it from its tightly coiled state as a double helix, it would stretch all the way to the sun and back again. Now, if you could think of something like that, a magnetic tape that stretches all the way to the sun and back again, and how much information you could put on that tape, then you're getting some limited idea of exactly how much information is available through your own DNA.

Some of that information is going to unfold as the serpents unfold. Your going to start getting information from your body that may not necessarily be in words, but it will be information. Some people who go through Kundalini actually experience memories of their grandparents, particularly on the female side. Women may get memories of being their great great grandmother. I've had memories of being my grandfather, when he was an officer.

All of this information, the double helix, that makes you the form that you are, and to a certain extent dictates the personality that you are. That is the Fire Serpent. That is the wisdom. The double helix we're unfolding here is a hologram that is reflected in every single cell of your body. That's the power of Kundalini inside of you, awake, and dancing.

An eloquent essay on the meaning of serpent symbolism. By Traveler.

I agree with Ken Wilbur, who lays out a cogent and thorough explanation in his major work, A Brief History of Everything: Our "Gods" have changed throughout time, and reflect the predominant mode of production of food. As hunter/gatherers, where males by necessity brought home most of the food, the male god predominated. As horticulture prevailed (something women did as well as men), and both sexes were equally capable, a female goddess prevailed-- the fertility was emphasized and worshipped. As agriculture came into being, (heavy plows, etc, unsuitable for women) the male god came back. Now in the information age, the female Goddess (who represents more of the connective collaborative talents needed here) is returning.

I have read that the same religions have been in place for ever. We celebrate the change of seasons; the harvest, the equinoxes, etc. Similarly there are archetypes of birth and death, sexuality, fertility, and the like. So the same holidays, the same archetypes, (like a snake) have been around forever. It is merely our interpretation of them that changes. I am sure snakes have been in people's mythology since the beginning of thought. They have been in all the mythologies I have ever seen that emerge from places where snakes live.

Genesis may be a myth that reflects the explanation the male paradigm wanted to promote when it established priority with the coming of the agricultural era. Perhaps earlier, the Garden of Eden was revered as the sacred home of the goddess. People worshipped Eden then as they do heaven today.The male dominant rulers needed to expel the rest of us from Eden so that we would focus on heaven instead.

The male dominator thinking needed to drive out the female, so it introduced the snake, and the concepts of sin and evil related to the snake.

In some religions, the snake was considered benign. It represented knowledge of the unconscious, and was a "feminine" force. So there may have been a re-writing of the archetype. The snake is now bad. DO not go inside anymore. Do not look to yourself for knowledge. Do not value the feminine, or intuition. Listen to your local priest instead, HE has a more direct connection to Mr. God!

They needed to expel us from Eden so that we would focus on heaven instead. Anyway, the point is that the snake has represented many things throughout history. Like double speak, it gets assigned political/religious meaning according to the powers that be. So it has been considered both good and evil.

Beyond this political arena exists our own archetypal response to the snake. And this is what I think is important. What do *I* feel about a snake? Experience is a better word than feel. *I* feel the snake, weaving, waving...like the universe, both particle and wave, so very elemental, very represent of both types of knowledge, integrated, a combination of dualities. This I feel is the reason the snake has a powerful effect on ME.

The snake is like the kundalini, it looks like a spine doesn't it? And the spine is the highway up the chakras. These are MY interpretations. The snake waves and weaves, almost looks like a fire flickering, doesn't it? The kundalini fire, weaving and waving up my highway, (no pun intended), carrying poison if not befriended and treated with respect. Continuous, unchanging, moving ahead, instinct, power, sexuality, undulation, duality in one, and more. The snake, so elemental, so graceful, so powerful, so deadly, so mesmerizing.....I can't look at one without being moved, usually frightened, but also fascinated. I have painted the snake many times in my k paintings, the wave attracts me deeply, as might a dancer gracefully waving to eloquent music. I have connected the wave of the snake from earth to heaven and back again, have connected two snakes to form an infinity sign, one that goes on and on, the DNA, the dance of the snake, sin and cosin, together cancelling each other out, or do they achieve oneness, totality itself?

We are blessed to live in a day when our own personal opinions, feelings, interpretations, and responses count. I know some revere the *old* doctrines, still they are ALL by nature political *and* sexist. This is neither necessarily good nor bad, just so. Just reflections of how we get our food, really.

I am open to appreciating them but I also value my own ability to feel what I feel DIRECTLY, without needing anyone else's stamp of approval. Then, in true snake fashion, wave and particle, me and you, I join what I know and experience with the beauty of what others have said too.

Best, traveler.

III
12-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Kundalini, a defining factor in this "local eternity" sub-creation. Whether one uses the 1 chakra, 7 chakra, 10 chakra models, all with petals, subchannels as such, or hundreds of small chakras, the energy flowing through the system has been called LOVE or kundalini or other things. Using it and following it one can exit this local "place and time" into an eternal place that contains this "time and place" and many others. However, this whole local eternity/subcreation is contained in a "greater eternity". Don't be fooled into thinking "THIS IS IT". Kundalini is useful within this part of things but is is just a beginning. Next time you are outside of "earth" in the eternal chamber that contains this whole thing look for a way to sort of "step backwards" outside of this local eternity and see it as a subset of the greater eternity.

solomon levi
12-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Some may find this interesting.
I haven't read it. I was googling speirema and came across it.
Speirema is the greek word for kundalini/serpent coil.
It has the same gematria value (444) as Oedipus.
Curiouser and curiouser.

http://www.alchemystudy.com/downloads/Secret_Fire_in_Alchemy-Garstin.pdf

Hellin Hermetist
12-30-2011, 09:06 PM
Here is what Subba Row, a Brahmin, said about it, when he described the seven forces of Nature.

(5.) Kundalini Sakti. The power or Force which moves in a curved path. It is the Universal life-Principle manifesting everywhere in nature. This force includes the two great forces of attraction and repulsion. Electricity and magnetism are but manifestations of it. This is the power which brings about that “continuous adjustment of internal relations to external relations” which is the essence of life according to Herbert Spencer, and that “continuous adjustment of external relations to internal relations” which is the basis of transmigration of souls, punar janman (re-birth) in the doctrines of the ancient Hindu philosophers. A Yogi must thoroughly subjugate this power before he can attain Moksham. . .

Nibiru
12-30-2011, 10:08 PM
Here is what Subba Row, a Brahmin, said about it, when he described the seven forces of Nature.

(5.) Kundalini Sakti. The power or Force which moves in a curved path. It is the Universal life-Principle manifesting everywhere in nature. This force includes the two great forces of attraction and repulsion. Electricity and magnetism are but manifestations of it. This is the power which brings about that “continuous adjustment of internal relations to external relations” which is the essence of life according to Herbert Spencer, and that “continuous adjustment of external relations to internal relations” which is the basis of transmigration of souls, punar janman (re-birth) in the doctrines of the ancient Hindu philosophers. A Yogi must thoroughly subjugate this power before he can attain Moksham. . .

Thanks :) This sounds quite a bit like a description of "our mercury"..

Awani
11-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Found this thread in archives for some reason... not sure why... so I moved it back out in public...

Ezalor
11-25-2012, 01:06 PM
The powers of the top three chakras are 'divine powers'.
To speak (the word), to see (the truth) and to know (what is). Looks like a nice analogy.

It isn't supposed to be painful. Unless you rush it, before you are ready. In theory, you can decide to take the hard and dangerous path, taking the risk and jumping right into the deep water before learning basic swimming, and sometimes it actually works about, but it isn't the typical way of doing things.

Only in his experience the energy, which he describes as
a coiling or rolling up of a carpet, went from his head down to his feet
and that's where it ended.
Then that wasn't Kundalini. Kundalini is the inside divine, while something that starts from teh crown chakra and goes down is from an outside source, since the crown chakra is the entry point, while the root chakra is the end oint.

Let me ask you something....Is it accidental that there are 7 major chakras and 22 minor chakras?
Actually, there are tens of thousands of chakras, if not more. But indeed there are seven major ones. And it is true it isn't by coincidence.

Seven. Seven planets. Seven metals. Seven organs. Seven gods. Seven days. Seven stars. Seven times. Seven spirits. Seven trumpets. Seven chakras. Seven deadly sins. Seven virtues. Seven seals. Seven is the number that keeps recurring in so many forms.
The seven corrupted gods of Chaos. The seven powers taught by Epona.

The question will undoubtedly arise whether it is truly necessary to understand the creation of the universe. No, it is not absolutely necessary. There have undoubtedly been alchemists who did not understand it fully, yet did know the modus operandi of the Magnum Opus. It simply feels incomplete. You WILL want to know.
It is not possible to fully understand it, because we are not full. Only the One, the Whole is full.

Alchemy is the only Great Art. It is the only True Science, since it is all encompassing.
I dare to disagree. ;)

solomon levi
11-28-2012, 08:41 AM
"More rigid definitions doesn't make them more true." - solomon levi
what matters (to me) is if we communicate.

Ezalor
11-30-2012, 09:00 PM
"More rigid definitions doesn't make them more true." - solomon levi
Still, defining "dog" in a way that cats fit into the definition as well, won't make cats into dogs. ;)

Lumpino
01-13-2013, 08:08 AM
I see here on the western kundalini views
What about translantions original estern texts? Like Sat chakra nirupana, Paduka panchaka, Shiva samhita, Gheranda samhita, Kalicharana e.t.c......................
In the east, the original yogis there are two different spiritual path, but I think something similar shows even tarot.
But, there are a path of development and a path of return. Development into spiritual worlds and return into Paramatman, Nirvana, Bythos..........
In the East do awaken of kundalini yogis, they want to end the cycle of life
Yogis, they want a better life in spiritual worlds do another practices.
Se a taoists alchemy book, translantion by R. Willhelm, The secret of the golden flower. Opening of the Heart chakra.

stmoniker
07-10-2014, 05:58 PM
Perhaps some insight (via Cymagick) into the deep connections of the double serpent like spiralling energy of the Kundalini.

I was marked by the re-occurrence of this double-wave-line type pattern in the Cymatic plates. In Egyptian symbolism, the snake brings knowledge; it is a way of alerting you to the idea of something profoundly meaningful. Or perhaps, alerting you to the power of itís own profound meaning. The snake is also said to represent 'the vibration' the sine wave and perhaps the most important single concept behind life the universe and everything. This double-wave-line is the Hieroglyph and Headdress of Neith mother of Ra, it is also as predicted by string theorists the primary building block at all matter at a sub atomic level. The parallels are endless from the double helix of DNA, the building block of genetics to the energy flow of Kundalini to the caduceus of Hermes, the symbols, snakes and symmetries of the Shamans, Maori, Celts, Sufis through to modern day graphic symbolism (as seen on the logos of apothecaries, pharmacies across the world)

an example of the cymatic pattern at the very beginning of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnToTdgGA4A&list=PLNRK7z7GbdWPCwj2NBKYPXH24OPm6hVcJ&index=13