PDA

View Full Version : Astrology Game

elixirmixer
05-19-2018, 11:59 AM
Ive been deeply studying another pillar of the Hermetic Art this week; Astrology.

To test my skills, i was goping for a volenteer to opt their birthday, time of birth and location.

Ill try and guess what the person is like based on my rookie astro skills and then the person can tell me if im right or wrong...

Who's keen!?

Kiorionis
05-19-2018, 04:48 PM
I’ll play.

September 6th, 1986
4:15 pm
Bozeman, Montana, USA

elixirmixer
05-19-2018, 10:03 PM
Kiorionis! I was hoping you'd come play! Takes a few hours for me to slowly go through my notes. Ill give my basic analysis and then try and see if i cant pick any detail.

This is so much fun!!

elixirmixer
05-19-2018, 10:57 PM
Okay. This is my general overview so far. Ill go into more detail later on...

Your borderline OCD with the way you keep your home. Your environment is intimatly linked with how you feel andyou spend much time and discipline organizing and filling your home with the deep wisdom you have found.

It takes hard work to keep the ships deck whipped clean and nothings different at work. You have a balanced work and home life. Home is where your heart is and where you feel most alive and work is your teacher where you go to reflect and learn and challage yourself.

Work also makes you feel good, which is why you're gaining so much out of it.

One of your challenges is finding the time to tap into that deep inspiration but when you can balance these energies by having home and work sorted in the way you like, then doors open in the mind and you make progress in your deepening collection of organized spiritual practise and more importantly to you, lifestyle.

Trust can be an issue, especially with people in your home. People are unpredictable and not as moderate as yourself. They could potentially disrupt your homes harmony which you've worked so hard to achieve!

How am i doing so far!?!?

elixirmixer
05-19-2018, 11:08 PM
Okay now for the details. (These may be very inaccurate caz im a noob)

Health as a child may have been a little poor, maybe joint related. This health issue caused you to recieve alot of emotional and motherly support which was really good for you growing up. It also taught you to take care of your health which in the emd has been a blessing and a learning workshop for your organized and clean lifestyle.

Father issues may be present with your father either absent, neglectful, or perhaps im misinterpreting it and your father played a more motherly nurturing passive role. (Divorced and your living with mum). And hes helping from afar...

Money is well rooted. Perhaps not filthy rich but tour not worried at all by a few stormy nights.

I should add that your previous sickness also did a lot to teach you how to communicate your expectations and requirements.

Still going....

We're getting to the deep stuff :cool:

elixirmixer
05-19-2018, 11:16 PM
Oh wait... i stuffed up.

Your dads not a loser; you have a younger sister. My bad.

elixirmixer
05-19-2018, 11:34 PM
You will be inheriting some worth, but to you its not considered significant or you simply just dont think about it.
You are working selling goods or services.

There is perhaps a child.

You keep a balanced sex life.

Your health is good now.

You do not have people working for you.

You have a dog.

I keep getting this... you maybe are a total lone ranger with no family but i dont think thats true so i think that your relationship must be VERY calm and passive and instinctual. Like it causes you no problem whatsoever and is just smooth as (unless the house is a mess and work is pumping aswell). I dunno but venus being so soft in your chart its hard to tell what those delicate energies would manifest themselves into...

Moving on...

You are very good at conflict resolution.

You are a good communicator and you use it heavily at work.

Your Dad is going to hook you up an inheritance. (Or perhaps its talking about your superannuation, retirement money)

Your ancient wisdom supports your emotions.

And that will just about do it i think.

Ill laugh if im just way off...

Kiorionis
05-20-2018, 02:39 AM
That was surprisingly insightful, EM. Certainly not what I expected ;)

Your borderline OCD with the way you keep your home. Your environment is intimatly linked with how you feel andyou spend much time and discipline organizing and filling your home with the deep wisdom you have found.

It takes hard work to keep the ships deck whipped clean and nothings different at work. You have a balanced work and home life. Home is where your heart is and where you feel most alive and work is your teacher where you go to reflect and learn and challage yourself.

Work also makes you feel good, which is why you're gaining so much out of it.

Haha borderline OCD... I would say I lean more toward the OCD side of the scale.
But this quote is pretty accurate.

One of your challenges is finding the time to tap into that deep inspiration but when you can balance these energies by having home and work sorted in the way you like, then doors open in the mind and you make progress in your deepening collection of organized spiritual practise and more importantly to you, lifestyle.

A clean home is a clear mind! Where I currently live, this has been an issue. But thinking on it now, it’s be pretty easy to rebalance. Quite helpful.

Health as a child may have been a little poor, maybe joint related. This health issue caused you to recieve alot of emotional and motherly support which was really good for you growing up. It also taught you to take care of your health which in the emd has been a blessing and a learning workshop for your organized and clean lifestyle.

You could say I was the “runt of the litter”. ;)

Your dads not a loser; you have a younger sister. My bad

Correct on both accounts.
And rather than ‘motherly, nurturing passive role’ he’s more of the man-of-few-words type. Definitely passive though.

You will be inheriting some worth, but to you its not considered significant or you simply just dont think about it.
You are working selling goods or services.

There is perhaps a child.

You keep a balanced sex life.

Your health is good now.

You do not have people working for you.

You have a dog.

Well I certainly wouldn’t mind inheriting some wealth ;)
All true except I don’t own a dog. More of a cat person.

I keep getting this... you maybe are a total lone ranger with no family but i dont think thats true so i think that your relationship must be VERY calm and passive and instinctual. Like it causes you no problem whatsoever and is just smooth as (unless the house is a mess and work is pumping aswell). I dunno but venus being so soft in your chart its hard to tell what those delicate energies would manifest themselves into...

Venus manifests for me as an interest in Art, Beauty (especially environmental beauty), Alchemy, Magick/Occult Sciences.

Moving on...

You are very good at conflict resolution.

You are a good communicator and you use it heavily at work.

Your Dad is going to hook you up an inheritance. (Or perhaps its talking about your superannuation, retirement money)

Your ancient wisdom supports your emotions.

And that will just about do it i think.

Ill laugh if im just way off...

Sounds about right, but not sure about my communication skills or the inheritance/superannuation.

elixirmixer
05-20-2018, 03:22 AM
Nice!

A good start. Ill keep the details and try again in a few months when i'm better at it.

Anyone else want to play sky yahtzee?

Awani
05-20-2018, 01:40 PM
That's funny. Sure. However I PM you my details.

:p

Awani
05-20-2018, 01:43 PM
More of a cat person.

Having met you away from keyboard I could have told you that. Pretty obvious. :)

Andro
05-20-2018, 02:49 PM
Mr. K, I think I did a reading for you as well, in 2014...

Nothing about cats came up, though :)

Kiorionis
05-20-2018, 02:57 PM
Haha nope. Nothing on cats or dogs.

Andro
05-20-2018, 03:09 PM
venus being so soft in your chart

How's Venus in Libra (its own home sign) and with only good aspects "soft"? I'd say it's very well placed...

Also, Sun in the 8th doesn't necessarily mean inheritance from the father. If you look well, the Sun in the 8th is opposed by Jupiter in the 2nd (house of money, among other things).

BTW, the sun doesn't necessarily signify the father, but rather the most prominent/influential parent. For some, it's the mother. Or some other authority figure.

Also, Mercury SO close to the sun (but not combust) can have an inhibiting effect on communication.

A T-Square, involving the Sun, Mercury, Jupiter and Uranus at its tip, provides Mr. K with a pressure-release point in Gemini & 6th House matters.

Also, ALL Virgos have OCD. Everybody knows that :)

elixirmixer
05-21-2018, 12:44 AM
Ahhh... thats some interesting further insites. Ill have to get a list of which planets correspond with which signs.

I interpreted venus to be soft because its right at the far edge of the 'waning' aspect of the libra sign. I didnt realise venus had this connection with libra.

Ive been using a system that an Australian (my new favourite australian youtuber) Santos Bonacci; is teaching astro-theology and cedusius related medicine, cell salts ect.

Im not sure which system its derived from but it takes the sign in the house, and if we're looking at the first deacon, then we check which planet rules the first decon, then we see which decon the planet is in whether it is in a carinal, fixed, or mutable sign. Venus was in a mutable deacon so i assumed it was weak or soft.

While we are on the topic, what do green and light blue lines mean on a chart? And what are the little green circles.... i havent found anything that talks about them so far.

elixirmixer
05-21-2018, 12:45 AM
What is the best (IYO) system to use for astrology and why?

zoas23
05-21-2018, 01:10 AM
What is the best (IYO) system to use for astrology and why?

Since you are using "Western Astrology", the most obvious answer is: begin with the classics... Ptolemy is a good start.

elixirmixer
05-21-2018, 01:22 AM
Franz bardon has placed venus with leo cancer and scorpio....

Its hard to know the correct theorim. I was trying last night to work out a universal system that connects all hebrew tetters; constilations, colours, music tones, planets ect.. but i havent found the perfect fit yet.

God is very beautiful and logical at the same time. There must be a perfect system in wxistance we just havent clied it all together yet as a species.

elixirmixer
05-21-2018, 01:22 AM
For instance. Does the southern hemisphere have to swap the sgins over? Ect.

elixirmixer
05-21-2018, 01:55 AM
Okay, Awani's up next:

I could go deep into this; theres a lot going on here, you actually have a bit of an oblong pentagram in here which makes stuff very interesting but instead of trying to dysect this complicated mess im going to try and just give what i feel is the overall resounding theme here.

Its almost like your life this time round is quite special to you (a lot of this is going to sound obvious because we some-what know what your like but regardless; this is what it says).

Its not about "who you are", thats just what people see, and who you are is irrelivant anyway. Its all about "How much can I love" how can i grow my love.

Death is intimately connected with love. Like the hero of the story, dramatically and valiantly throwing his own body in the line of fire to save the woman he loves; this is what love is, an intimate dance of life and death. You have a great understanding of Death and its consiquences which only fuels your expansive love furthermore.

Its almost like your trying to eat, and consume the universe with your expansive fire-love.

Then you've obviously got all the networking stuff in there; your hatred for "the system" is evident, with its effects promoting your self-expression and desire to share with others.

I think perhaps it would piss you off that others dont share your capacity to love; but you mitigate it using various expressions and dual-forms in attempts to transform their stuborness and your passion, into something more co-operative in hopes of success.

Thats it! Your a lion trying to devour the world with your love and you will take pleasure in dying in exactly the same way. :D

elixirmixer
05-21-2018, 01:59 AM
Or at least, thats what your becoming.......

In a good way.

Awani
05-21-2018, 02:15 AM
Okay, Awani's up next:

I could go deep into this; theres a lot going on here, you actually have a bit of an oblong pentagram in here which makes stuff very interesting but instead of trying to dysect this complicated mess im going to try and just give what i feel is the overall resounding theme here.

Its almost like your life this time round is quite special to you (a lot of this is going to sound obvious because we some-what know what your like but regardless; this is what it says).

Its not about "who you are", thats just what people see, and who you are is irrelivant anyway. Its all about "How much can I love" how can i grow my love.

Death is intimately connected with love. Like the hero of the story, dramatically and valiantly throwing his own body in the line of fire to save the woman he loves; this is what love is, an intimate dance of life and death. You have a great understanding of Death and its consiquences which only fuels your expansive love furthermore.

Its almost like your trying to eat, and consume the universe with your expansive fire-love.

Then you've obviously got all the networking stuff in there; your hatred for "the system" is evident, with its effects promoting your self-expression and desire to share with others.

I think perhaps it would piss you off that others dont share your capacity to love; but you mitigate it using various expressions and dual-forms in attempts to transform their stuborness and your passion, into something more co-operative in hopes of success.

Thats it! Your a lion trying to devour the world with your love and you will take pleasure in dying in exactly the same way. :D

LOL. Regardless if "true" or not, it sure sounds like a plan...

Not sure if you are a bit biased... if you replaced love with "kill" or "hate" in the above passage, then it would fit me perfectly 15 years ago... so currently this might be kind of correct, but what is astrology? A run-down of the current present individual... or a general idea of an individuals life?

...trying to eat, and consume the universe...

The above phrase of yours feel very accurate throughout my whole life... I have always been driven by direct experiences... and I'll try anything at least one time... except suicide (almost tried, luckily I passed). LOL.

Death is intimately connected with love.

I have been around plenty of death in my life... however nothing describes my experience with having a stillborn daughter more, than this phrase of yours. :)

Awani
05-21-2018, 02:23 AM
Or at least, thats what your becoming...

What matters is that you try, even if you utterly fail... I think that is the most important in any grand pursuit spiritual or not; make an effort.

Ya hear that ya lazy cunts? :)

elixirmixer
05-21-2018, 02:24 AM
Yes this is a general overview of ones life. There is another way to read "todays's" happenings but im not sure how your birth chart fits together with todays astronomy so i cant do those readings yet.

My apologies for the stress that must have caused; slowly coming to the realisation that your daughter is now in perfect oneness with the all.

The charts im reading are the location of signs and planets around YOU at the time YOU'RE born. Which is different to say a horoscope which is the planets influes NOW. The one im doing is called a natal chart, as opposed to a horoscope.

There are different ways to read a chart. Some are much more detailed than others. Like anything the longer you study something the more you understand it, same.with a persons chart.

Awani
05-21-2018, 02:29 AM
My apologies for the stress that must have caused; slowly coming to the realisation that your daughter is now in perfect oneness with the all.

Don't worry about it. I talk about it all the time...* you got to face the pain, or the pain faces you. ;)

Not to get sidetracked, but in a way her death was a blessing... when she was "born" on ascension day (that's right) I advanced about ten years in my spiritual quest... oh well, that is another story... thanks for the chart. :) I would love to hear Andro do yours.

* in fact I kind of work with stillborn victims these days on the side

Kiorionis
05-21-2018, 02:31 AM
Have you considered overlaying the natal chart with the current planetary positions?
Might be interesting experiment.

elixirmixer
05-21-2018, 02:41 AM
Well thats certainly a blessing for people your working with. It always sucks when people are trying to console you who have never been through it themselves. It always makes the world of difference having someone who can genuinely relate with the person and show them that, if they're okay now, so can the other person be with time ect...

I wonder if anyone knows what the pentagram can mean in a chart?

And ive also been thinking... is there a theoreticl 'perfect' chart. Thats just a perfect star of david or something amd does its timing match up with any significant history of event???!!

Anyway, Next up on ElixirMixer's AstroGame: Zoas!

elixirmixer
05-21-2018, 04:02 AM
Well this is really interesting aswell and beyond my skills to interpret but at a guess id say you have a very happy family life. That it is very supportive and that your relationship with your partner and family are also good.

Then theres the inner you. Powerful and dynamic. Difficult to control. Channelling these forces might be tricky but theres a lot of love and passion there. I even get the feeling you might be quite wealthy.

You have a love for all things beautiful. Your partner is very supportive of basically everything. OOoOo and i think it was your love for animals that may have been an assistive cause for getting together.

There is some type of "issue" with you that may come and go but its not so much related to any other aspect of yiur life. A stand alone nuisance.

Did i say that your family likes your partner bit? Anyway. We all know your love for arts which i think is clear in the chart also.

Ill see if i can pinpoint the issue ;)

zoas23
05-21-2018, 06:12 AM
Well this is really interesting aswell and beyond my skills to interpret but at a guess

Yes, that's why I accepted to let you play. Some charts are easier to understand than others... my chart is a bit hard, which doesn't mean a more complex personality, it's just that the chart is less obvious than others.

id say you have a very happy family life. That it is very supportive and that your relationship with your partner and family are also good.

Then theres the inner you. Powerful and dynamic. Difficult to control. Channelling these forces might be tricky but theres a lot of love and passion there. I even get the feeling you might be quite wealthy.

You have a love for all things beautiful. Your partner is very supportive of basically everything. OOoOo and i think it was your love for animals that may have been an assistive cause for getting together.

There is some type of "issue" with you that may come and go but its not so much related to any other aspect of yiur life. A stand alone nuisance.

Did i say that your family likes your partner bit? Anyway. We all know your love for arts which i think is clear in the chart also.

Ill see if i can pinpoint the issue ;)

Quite good. Yes, no family conflicts ever, but that one was easy.

An interest (obsession) in arts is quite easy too with a revealing conjunction.

Recurrent nuisances... You may have luck if you go to the aspects, but specially something in an obvious quadrature with the nodes, then the placement of the nodes and what is going on with the two planets that rule the signs in which the nodes are. Just helping you to learn!

I somehow liked the song that Johnny Marr (a speedway operator that then became a guitar player) composed in an obvious reference to Morrissey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSfjtdnUsls

I liked it even more when the "reply" to the song came years later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioefcU8Pk7g

elixirmixer
05-21-2018, 06:26 AM
How do i check for nodes and how do they relate to the individual?

elixirmixer
05-21-2018, 06:34 AM
Lol cyber-screening at its best. That last video you posted just had a message saying

This video contains clips from Eagle Rock. It is not available in your coun... holy shit my son almost just died by swollowing a rock..... anyway......

It is not available in your country.

Us Aussies just arnt ready for Eagle Rock. It would cause nation-wide panic.

elixirmixer
05-21-2018, 06:38 AM
AstroGame is working out well. Already learning more about Astrology. I get my own chart tomorrow or the next day (waiting for time.of birth records from the hospital) which will be really fun to disect myself as find out whats wrong with me hahahahaha

Anybody else interested in a free novice Astro-Inquisition?

zoas23
05-21-2018, 10:48 AM
How do i check for nodes and how do they relate to the individual?

You do the maths!
(or you use a software that shows them, which is easier nowadays). Some softwares will only show the north one, but the south is always placed in opposition (i.e, a person with a north node in 15º Aries will have the south node in 15º Libra, etc)

The Descending /south node (Caput Draconis / Dragon's Tail) ... which looks closer to an "U"

The ascending / north node (Cauda Draconis / Dragon's Head) ... which looks closer to an "∩"

They are somehow the way in and the way out (the tail is of course the way in)

As in the Sepher Yetzirah (chapter 6 in the short version): "The Teli (TLY / Dragon) in the Universe is like a king on his throne, the cycle in the Year is like a king in the province, the Heart in the Soul is like a king in battle."

Usually the moon and the nodes will tell you more than the sun. It would be too long to explain, but they are not 100% unrelated to Saturn in an interpretation / reading.

The Tail "U" (descending node) will show you overdeveloped areas or the "comfort zone" of a person, quite often where the person falls again and again. It will also show the innate talents, but also the innate problems (or obsessions).

The Head "∩" is the way out (or not really, but the "tool" that MAY create a way out, like a door handle, but not the door itself) and in most cases an undeveloped area of knowledge / experience. In most cases, you will see a deep influence of the "U" until Saturn turns around 1 time and a half (28 + 14... more or less 42 years... though it can be faster, or it can be "never").

"The image is a prison of the soul, your heredity, your education, your vices and aspirations, your qualities, your psychological world." ---> Stolen from Derek Jarman, but somehow a good description of the South.

So the South Node is a bit like a double edged sword... It is OK to bring something, but it's not so good to get stuck into something.

A Quadrature with the nodes (since they are placed in opposition, a Quadrature will be in most cases with both, though it can be only with one) will show WHAT is making a person get "stuck" with something that happens again and again... a recurrent "nuisance" that comes and goes, but may be alway there until the person gets rid of it... or he may never do it (the strange fact about Astrology... it suggests predetermination and yet the fact is that the future is not written... we are eventually free).

Kiorionis
05-21-2018, 01:50 PM
And ive also been thinking... is there a theoreticl 'perfect' chart. Thats just a perfect star of david or something amd does its timing match up with any significant history of event???!!

Well if you accept the theory that an individual is made manifest in order to learn lessens, and a chart shows the way toward perfection, then there is no such thing as a ‘perfect chart’.

There is also the idea of letting the chart rule the individual, or the individual ruling his chart. The first is person would be less mature than the second.

There are hypothetical natal charts for people like Christ, Buddha, etc. the most recent Dalai Lama’s chart I think is available somewhere online. But that assumes those types of individuals are “perfect”.

Most of the US presidents’ natal charts are online as well, I think. Might be an interesting study, given they have more documented lifetimes than most. I’m sure it’s true for other countries as well.

Kibric
05-21-2018, 05:33 PM
Try the 7th of July 1901, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey. Just for fun.:p

Amon
05-22-2018, 11:22 AM
I will chip into as well.

13th April 1997, Athens, Greece 14:00

elixirmixer
05-24-2018, 06:18 AM
What are the little "R"'s that can pop up and planets? My daughter has an R next to Saturn Mars and Pluto???

And the green lines and light blue ect... please and thankyou.

elixirmixer
05-24-2018, 06:49 AM
Seth-Ra's turn spinning the wheel of SkyYahtzee.

Seth-Ra began as a solid and gifted thinker, over time he's used his solid intellect to tap into his more emotional side and will continue to grow into a stable, calm, emotionally grounded individual. Like a lake, always calm with an ongoing gentle flow.

You come from a strong family thats got its money situation sorted. Your ambitious and are finding ways to make money for yourself. You have an older brother, who is almost the dead opposite of your wife. The bro's all about the coin and the wife provides the space you meed to get in touch with the deeper stuff.

Hows that for a start?

elixirmixer
05-24-2018, 06:57 AM
You readily recieve inspiration through meditation and self-reflection as well as sharing these truths with close friends. This drives your heart and pushes you forward to new heights.

You can feel conflicted sometimes between whats the right thing to do, and whats the right thing for your pocket, and your generosity usually calls a little louder and you indulge in whats needed to keep the groove flowing.

All in all its a dance between the expression of your inspiration and deep thinking; and the cash game; doin' what you gotta do, to pay the bills and fund your art.

elixirmixer
05-24-2018, 07:12 AM
Finally i just want to say that again we see some very interesting geometries aswell. Youve got 3 full blue squares (thats gotta be good!) And plenty of opposing signs aswell. Powerhouse by the look of it. I wouldnt want to get on your bad side.

Ive just gotten my families charts today, all laminated and everything, but the geometries arent exactly special except my wife looks like the burning light of a magnifying glass with the sun, venus, mercury and saturn (in that order of strength) in aquarius and uranus and neptune in capricorn ALL focusing onto the reflective moon on exactly the cusp of picses and leo. With jupiter and pluto in scorpio.. anyone care to shed some light on that?

Fascinsting stuff... if i get Seth-Ra's right, about the brother and everything.. then we know we're on to some riggy-dij science with Astrology.

Andro
05-24-2018, 07:12 AM
What are the little "R"'s that can pop up and planets? My daughter has an R next to Saturn Mars and Pluto???

I suggest you read some basic Astrology books for beginners. You are currently lacking some much needed foundations.

Learn the archetypes of the planets, the houses, the aspects, learn where every planet is dignified/exiled/exalted/fallen, learn about the elements and the qualities associated with the signs and with the houses (i.e. which signs are Fire/Air/Water/Earth, Cardinal/Fixed/Mutable, which houses are Angular/Succedent/Cadent), learn about the nature of the main aspects (Conjunction, Trine, Square, Sextile, Opposition, Quincunx, Semi-Sextile, etc - those are the colored lines you see, they show you the different aspects between the planets), learn about the North and South Nodes, the extra significance of the angular houses and cusps (especially Ascendant & Midheaven), learn what it means when a planet is Retrograde (that's what the R stands for) - in short, learn to walk before you learn to fly.

elixirmixer
05-24-2018, 07:15 AM
Wanna play Sky-Yahtzee Andro?

Andro
05-24-2018, 07:16 AM
Wanna play Sky-Yahtzee Andro?

No.

elixirmixer
05-24-2018, 07:23 AM
Haha! I had a feeling you'd say that. Im tackling this from an "on the job" learning style. Admittedly ive never made it all the way through an astrology book. Because i never knew how to use them!

I was attracted to this via the "12 cell salt" zodiac saga, coupled with my interest in Charles littlefields vitalized salts experiments.

I believe next in line is Alchemist assasin and friend; Kkkkkkiiiiìiiiiibbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiccc!

elixirmixer
05-24-2018, 07:29 AM
Try the 7th of July 1901, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey. Just for fun.:p

Have you got a time of birth there Lad?

We'll come back to you...

Andro
05-24-2018, 07:30 AM
Haha! I had a feeling you'd say that. Im tackling this from an "on the job" learning style. Admittedly ive never made it all the way through an astrology book. Because i never knew how to use them!

Read at least one or two books for beginners and then you can learn "on the job". Santos Bonacci does not give you any solid foundations, and he's making his own version of Astrology, which is fine, but you still need the basics first. I'm quite sure Santos studied the basics as well.

The way I learned was reading (and re-reading) a few books for beginners, and then, every evening after work, I used to go with my laptop to a pub next to the recording studio where I was working back then, and offer free readings to whoever wanted. I did this for months until I started to "get it" and for the charts to start "speaking" to me. But that was many years ago :)

elixirmixer
05-24-2018, 07:37 AM
Yes I think ill be offering free readings to any-and all from now on. I will make sure i get a book, Santos is a legend! I just got his skype i have to call him....

An important question i had, and probably the main reason im apprihensive to get a book just yet is: WHERE do we get the understanding that "Venus means love" or that "Saturn means time" what is the core text or foundational doctrine which these ideas have come from?

Whats the astrology bible?

elixirmixer
05-24-2018, 07:39 AM
Amon;

You're obviously a ruthless and hot-headed businessman that went to jail but made some profitable connections and now you make a living slaughtering animals. Done.

zoas23
05-24-2018, 10:32 AM

The "R" is retrograde... the lines are the aspects, but most astro softwares will show you pointless lines because they work with absurd orbs like 8º to 10º as to make the whole thing look more complete, but using orbs bigger than 5º is not a good idea (I actually stop at 4º).

Maybe there are intuitive systems of divination, but astrology is certainly not among them.... it's mathematical, logical, technical... and then there's the mythical part.

Try to imagine a person who reads, say, "Hamlet", but does not understand that Hamlet's father was the king of Denmark, nor that he was murdered, nor that Gertrude is Hamlet's mother, nor that Claudius married Gertrude and is not unrelated to the murder, nor that Ophelia and Hamlet were a couple... nor that the kingdom that Fortinbras is invading is Denmark.

So you can read the play, but if you can't get those relations, then it is simply like isolated characters who are doing things because of unknown reasons... so it's like not reading... and there's not much place for intuition when it comes to some things (i.e, if you arrive by intuition that Ophelia is the mother of Hamlet, then you are wrong... it's Gertrude).

You should go to the classics. You'll be surprised when you get how most of the Western myths are astrological in nature.
Or other "surprises" like finding out that astrology is certainly linked to the Heavens, but it's also extremely rural and earth based (and as an Aussie, you'll find out that it matches the Northern hemisphere, not really the Southern). The 12 signs can perfectly be understood like an absolutely mundane farming year/cycle and they are very related to the seasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbPl91kTFro

Andro
05-24-2018, 10:56 AM
One may use orbs of up to 8º when the luminaries (sun and moon) are involved, and still be OK.

For the rest, up to 3º is ideal IME, but we can stretch it to 5º and still be fine :)

elixirmixer
05-24-2018, 11:25 AM
I certainly understand that most of our myrhology is based on celestial events. Biblical stories also ect..

What literature must one read to understand why venus's mother was a whore of zeus ect and understand the underlying meaning of each sphere?

I get that libra is balance and venus is femininity; but WHY and who was the first to say it? What reasoning did they have?

OR! Is this something that is only EXPERIENCED through shamanic travel and the like...

Perhaps i should buy an astrology book. Any recommendations?

zoas23
05-24-2018, 02:27 PM
One may use orbs of up to 8º when the luminaries (sun and moon) are involved, and still be OK.

For the rest, up to 3º is ideal IME, but we can stretch it to 5º and still be fine :)

8º is a bit too much for me, specially if it's an event chart when checking if there is a void moon or not gets important... with an 8º I would say "void", but I know it's a tricky area. I prefer to stay "conservative" (I have to be conservative about something!).
Other than that, 3º or 4º is fine... and sometimes stretching to 5º is OK too. Horoscopes are a bit more permissive than event charts.
Anyway, I agree with your general opinion. i know that Astrology is a strong area for you.

I certainly understand that most of our myrhology is based on celestial events. Biblical stories also ect..
What literature must one read to understand why venus's mother was a whore of zeus ect and understand the underlying meaning of each sphere?
I get that libra is balance and venus is femininity; but WHY and who was the first to say it? What reasoning did they have?
OR! Is this something that is only EXPERIENCED through shamanic travel and the like...

Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos (https://www.amazon.com/Ptolemy-Tetrabiblos-Loeb-Classical-Library/dp/0674994795/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_14_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1)

What you ask is quite related to the double aspect of the planets and, in this specific case, the two ruling signs of each.
Aphrodite ruling in Libra is more like an isis... almost similar to a "virgin Mary" in Catholicism (not a big mystery that Mary was switched for Venus in many Renaissance paintings)
Aphrodite ruling in Taurus is more related to earthly love, sensuality, exuberance.... "Whore"... don't moralize the planets!

And Zeus has also a double role... his childhood hidden from his father in a cave is more related to Jupiter ruling Pisces. The Zeus that gets heroic through a trickery is more related to Jupiter ruling Sagittarius.

Other than that, the ancient Greek religion is quite strange... a Sun based religion is easy to find, a Moon based religion is easy to find too... but a religion where Jupiter is the great ruler, that's a bit odd. A Greek oddity.

When it comes to the birth of the myths, we can only speculate... though since you are talking about Greek mythology, it was not really written in stone and it kept on evolving and having different versions whilst the ancient Greek civilization was alive and kicking. i.e, Hesiod's Theogony and the Orphic myths involved the same gods... and yet thay can't be more different.

No need to think of shamanic travels... which I can't discard either, but probably they didn't have a TV, so looking at the sky was more usual and probably the simple question of "What's going on up there?" was not unusual (nowadays people wonder what will happen in Games of Thrones... kinda sad actually).

Kibric
05-24-2018, 04:40 PM
I believe next in line is Alchemist assasin and friend; Kkkkkkiiiiìiiiiibbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiccc!
Thanks fellow that made me smile

Have you got a time of birth there Lad?
about 3 in the morning

Kibric
05-24-2018, 04:43 PM
A.T Mann. The Round Art.

Amon
05-26-2018, 01:19 PM
Amon;

You're obviously a ruthless and hot-headed businessman that went to jail but made some profitable connections and now you make a living slaughtering animals. Done.

Hit the nail right on the head.

P.S.: Not the iron nail, your fingenail.

Seth-Ra
05-31-2018, 11:06 PM
Seth-Ra's turn spinning the wheel of SkyYahtzee.

Seth-Ra began as a solid and gifted thinker, over time he's used his solid intellect to tap into his more emotional side and will continue to grow into a stable, calm, emotionally grounded individual. Like a lake, always calm with an ongoing gentle flow.

Funny thing that; from as far back as I have memory, and before I had memory there are stories of my volatile and fiery nature. There are a lot of martial energies within my gemini-ness, and for a long time I was pretty explosive with my emotions, and didn't mind a fight. Nowadays the fighting is mostly intellectually - though I keep a steady arsenal of weaponry and maintain my proficiency with them (from bullets, to blades, to poisons and chemicals, to ever-hungering shadows bellow, I can make a body disappear and its soul too.)
HOWEVER - during some of my most violent and overall hostile years growing up, I learned to calm my inner fire, as the constant lashing out (with good reason - always defending) only seemed to burn me out, as my enemies would regroup together, and feeding off of one another, they come back strengthened and renewed, whereas I was alone. Wasting energy was not effective. I got cold. Very cold. Began to show only what I wanted them to see, my wardrobe turned black, and my emotions, on the surface, turned to ice. When I attacked, it was precise, without feeling, but still burning to the core.

It would take several more years of deep alchemy to heal this, and bring balance to myself. Now I do consider myself more calm, controlled, but still feeling, and always burning bright. Fire within Ice, just as Spirit is within matter - my Fire molds and shapes my Ice, and my Ice channels and focuses my Fire.

https://image.ibb.co/d3cgsd/fire_in_ice.png

You come from a strong family thats got its money situation sorted.

This was not always the case. My parents have had to work, and cleverly, in order to get to where they are - and to where I will have something worth inheriting.

Your ambitious and are finding ways to make money for yourself.

Lol hell, thats evident, but there's more to it... I'll quote you out of order to address it all:

You can feel conflicted sometimes between whats the right thing to do, and whats the right thing for your pocket, and your generosity usually calls a little louder and you indulge in whats needed to keep the groove flowing.

All in all its a dance between the expression of your inspiration and deep thinking; and the cash game; doin' what you gotta do, to pay the bills and fund your art.

The thing is, I am always looking for a way to make money, but not just to make it. I can make it easily enough - I can DO anything. The key, is what do I WANT to do - what inspires me the most and that I find most fulfilling, WHILE making the money to continue even deeper passions and study of the Arcanum. Every moment a new opportunity, or idea presents itself, I begin weighing and meditating on the options and what I feel I'm most lead to do. If that means spending $$ I don't currently have, in order to foster research on a gamble that I believe will sort itself out, because I'm doing what the Spirit/Art/All/One requires of me - if that is the sacrifice at the moment, then I'll ultimately do it, and have. Such does sort itself out as well. The conflict is only as much there as I weigh what I'm meant to do, and I usually don't have to weigh long before I'm told. ;)

You have an older brother, who is almost the dead opposite of your wife. The bro's all about the coin and the wife provides the space you meed to get in touch with the deeper stuff.

I do have an older brother - he's 14 years older than me. He and my wife are both Virgo's. He and I are night and day. We do usually get along, but we have some key defining differences. He's VERY much about Jesus, and Jesus only, he actually is less interested in money. (He and I do share that lack of fucks given in the long run there)
He despises alchemy, and any sort of magick, thinking only of his narrow ideal of God, and any who disagree with him, no matter how sound the argument, or how well they can dismantle his (I know, I've done it, which is why we don't have those conversations/arguments anymore - it was fine as long he was winning, but after I won, it ceased), If you disagree with him you are wrong, and shunned. The only reason I'm not shunned like others in his life, is purely because I'm his brother.
He and I often represent ourselves as the Stormrage brothers from Warcraft. They were twins, yet vastly different. (and my brother and I, despite the age difference, do look a LOT alike.)
My brother (Donnie) often relates to the character, Malfurion, the Archdruid, who's love for nature/life comes off as being hella dogmatic and snobbish.
Meanwhile I'm often equated to Illidan, the Highborn sorcerer, turned demon-hunter (by becoming infused with the fel/demonic essence) - who traded everything for knowledge, and the power to use it. (often called the Betrayer, but thats not true. He has quite the epic "redeeming" story as well, as its shown that he was right all along... my brother took that pretty hard, almost as if the world in some form or fashion had "sided" with my view over his. lololol :D tis some good writing. ;) )

https://image.ibb.co/fpwwQy/Brothers.png

Likewise, he and my wife are quite different - as she is far more inline with me than with him, though they do share some virgo traits. (Her's are often to the positive, while his are often to the negative.) ;)

You readily recieve inspiration through meditation and self-reflection as well as sharing these truths with close friends. This drives your heart and pushes you forward to new heights.

That would be pretty accurate - tis why its important for me to have a close network of like-minded brethren, so that they can not just hear me, but understand me and the depths of what I'm discussing. Otherwise, I'm back where I started - solo, looking for my pack.

Finally i just want to say that again we see some very interesting geometries aswell. Youve got 3 full blue squares (thats gotta be good!) And plenty of opposing signs aswell. Powerhouse by the look of it. I wouldnt want to get on your bad side.

Powerhouse indeed, and no - as stated above, you, nor anyone else, would want such. ;)

Hows that for a start?

Not bad, definitely take Andro's and other's suggestions for reading material to improve. But some good points nonetheless. :)

~Jessie/Seth-Ra

elixirmixer
06-01-2018, 04:13 AM
Well i'd say; judging by some of the truths that have been revealed; and also by my complete lack of ability, astrology does seem to hold quite a merit.

The older brother thing was good right!?

I have to do a proper one for Amon; then a Kibric, then a private reading for L.L. im deep in 'inventing mode' atm; but when i swing around to a more passive energy ill get around to these.