PDA

View Full Version : Play_Dough

Play_Dough
04-03-2009, 02:19 AM
Greetings to all!

Alchemy, metaphysics, quantum physics, law and classic 'Archetypal Astrology' are my primary interests with secondary interests in 'religion', natural foods, tantra, art, and natural lifestyle.

I live on the island of Maui (Hawaii).

I can speak with a good measure of certainity regarding my personal alchemical experiences and I am always open to embracing new ideas and concepts related to 'The Great Art'!

I understand that each individual's path is unique and that 'dogma' is often without significant value.

May each of you be blessed with great success in your alchemical endeavours.

Let the games begin!

Awani
04-03-2009, 02:52 AM
Hawaii ey? Nice...

You are most welcome to the forums!

For your comfort use this thread: What is where? (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?t=385)

See you out there!

:cool:

Play_Dough
04-03-2009, 10:29 AM
Hawaii ey? Nice...

You are most welcome to the forums!

For your comfort use this thread: What is where? (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?t=385)

See you out there! :cool:

Thank you, deviadah. Thank you very much!

Play_Dough

Salazius
04-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Welcome Board Play_Dough !

Green Lion
04-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Welcome Play Dough.

Hawaï...
Do you know Pierre Duchesne ?

Salazius
04-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Duchesne is in Hawaï ? not Argentina ? Or Nice :D ?

Green Lion
04-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Nothing to do with the place where lives Pierre Duchesne.

Aleilius
04-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Hi Play_Dough, it's good to have you aboard!

I see that you're interested in quantum physics. Do you believe quantum mechanics plays a role in alchemy, the Philosopher's Stone, and transmutation? Have you formulated any theories on this subject yet? It's something I've been thinking about for a while, but haven't came up with any concrete explanations.

Play_Dough
04-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Welcome Play Dough.

Hawaï...
Do you know Pierre Duchesne ?

Hello, Green Lion!

I have not had the pleasure of meeting Pierre Duchesne who is the Lieutenant Governor of Quebec.

Your brief question, in the context of these introductions, (for some reason?) reminds me of the film (1966) "The King of Hearts". :-)

Very funny!

Green Lion
04-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Sorry for my strange question.
I just wanted to know if you were one of my friend, who lives in Hawaï too.

Welcome.

Play_Dough
04-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Sorry for my strange question.
I just wanted to know if you were one of my friend, who lives in Hawaï too.

Welcome.

Well Green Lion, I suppose that you can consider me a friend, however, I do not know if we have ever been acquainted.
Apologies are unnecessary.
Nevertheless, please do consider me as 'a friend'!

Aleilius
04-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Play_Dough, you seem to be avoiding my question. I'm just curious if you have any conjectures on this subject since you mentioned you're interested in quantum physics.

Play_Dough
04-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Play_Dough, you seem to be avoiding my question. I'm just curious if you have any conjectures on this subject since you mentioned you're interested in quantum physics.

No 'avoidance'.... I have composed a reply and every time I have engaged the 'submit reply' button the page takes me to the 'sign-in' dialogue. There is a technical problem.... after I 're-sign' in the page then redirects me to the main forum page and my post is otherwise lost (?).

Here is my reply ....

Greetings Aleilius!

Yes, I believe that quantum mechanics plays a role in alchemy, the Philosopher's Stone, and transmutation.
Not that alchemists need to be aware of the 'mechanics' of quantum mechanics, but, perhaps, just to notice that both 'alchemy' and 'quantum mechanics' both deal with 'essences' (essences: definition - The intrinsic or indispensable properties that serve to characterize or identify something).

My 'theory', regarding quantum mechanics and alchemy (as a 'unity'), is called, "The Abstract Entity".
The 'abstract entity' is all that remains after everything 'extractable' has been abstracted/extracted (To obtain from a substance by chemical or mechanical action, as by pressure, distillation, or evaporation).

The role of the alchemist (all of this is opinion/theory) is similar to that of the quantum physicist. Each (alchemist and physicist) investigates his or her subject matter with an ever 'deeper and deeper' quest or inquiry.

Then, as the 'disassembly' and observation process proceeds the alchemist parts company with the physicist (physicist - one definition - A believer in the theory that the fundamental phenomena of life are to be explained upon purely chemical and physical principles) and the alchemist becomes a 'Vitalist' or one who believes that life processes arise from or contain a nonmaterial vital principle and cannot be explained entirely as either physical or chemical phenomena.

The 'vital principle' is 'consciousness'.
The alchemist's awareness of 'consciousness' is everpresent and the physicist ignores consciousness and focuses, instead, upon the exclusively physical attributes of phenomena. (A type of paradox because the 'consciousness' of the physicist is thought to be limited to the exclusive role of an 'observer').

The film (DVD) "What the Bleep Do We Know?" (2004) expresses metaphysical and somewhat alchemical views of 'reality' and stresses the importance of 'consciousness' as an active participant in fluctuating quantum states of matter.
It's worth watching (the film).

So..... (opinion) the 'one size fits all theory' (?) is that the 'Blessed Trinity" of alchemy is 'space/time and consciousness' and that 'matter' (i.e., our physical body) is the concretization of 'thought' that can and does (thought forms), create a compelling illusion (a 'captivation')!
The dissolution of that material 'captivation' (captivation of consciousness) is the quest of the alchemist. As the 'stone' is 'consumed' the miraculous manifests ever more potently.

I suppose that the 'scientist/physicist' is primarily concerned with 'how it works' and the alchemist/metaphysician ('meta' = hidden or 'behind') is primarily concerned about 'How to work it'!

(Side Note) Within the quantum level of reality it seems that all of 'matter' is primarily 'air' (empty space) {the ratio of matter to 'space' in an atom approximates 99% 'air' to 1 % 'matter'}.

If there is a 'bottom line' for alchemists (my opinion) it is that we are, essentially, a 'consciousness with material accessories' (stuff). And the job of the alchemist is to get 'Houdini' (consciousness) out of the labyrinth of matter and to restore that 'consciousness' (self) to it's 'original condition'. (Original condition of consciousness = eternal, creative, unique, exists both within and outside of temporal considerations (time), and is possessed of the ability to 'command' and regulate 'matter', etc., etc.).

This (above) is merely a brief sketch, however I have found one most intriguing principle regarding the practice of alchemy.... which is (opinion), as we progress along our path our libraries become smaller (contrary to mundane physics and science) ...... each 'revelation' demonstrates that there is even 'less' to 'know'.... and we continue along our path until we arrive at 'pure consciousness' and an awareness of the creative potency of thought, belief and visualizations.

My apologies if any of the above seems obtuse or ridiculous.
I suppose that my only present wish is to convince all that I am crazy enough to be a member of this most interesting and engaging assemblage. :-)

Play_Dough
04-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Welcome Board Play_Dough !

Thank you, Salazius!

I am looking forward to our collaboration.

With my very best regards,

Play_Dough

Dizardos
04-04-2009, 01:09 AM
Welcome to the forum Play Dough!

An interesting theory too. Nothing is 'crazy'. As a matter of fact that is the essential quality required to achieve feats of greatness. Albert Einstein would say it the following way: "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."

Play_Dough
04-04-2009, 01:24 AM
Welcome to the forum Play Dough!

An interesting theory too. Nothing is 'crazy'. As a matter of fact that is the essential quality required to achieve feats of greatness. Albert Einstein would say it the following way: "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."

Well said, Dizardos!

Albert E. is one of my mentors (via quotes and writings and theories).

So, I will revise my statement :-) and say, "I am not crazy, but I am out-of-my-mind"!

The quotes which you have referenced are quite poignant and very well received!

With my very best regards,
Play_Dough

Play_Dough
04-27-2009, 12:30 AM
(Image)

The Eternal "Alchemical Marriage" (spirit with form) depicted as presently being 'out of balance'.

Death and it's companions (difficulty, deception, corruptions, etc.) have entered the alchemist's personal world which now requires some enlightened alchemical intervention designed to restore or to attain a more pleasing balance (some more 'Above' and less 'below') including the vanquishment (to subdue with a superior power) of death.

(Opinion) The eternal spirit (Sun / consciousness) that is the alchemist, wears his or her circumstances (Moon, mother, matter, and including the alchemist's physical body), in an eternal context. The 'context' can always (almost) be re-mixed, by the alchemist, to restore a greater and richer and more rewarding balance. The 'body' can be made etheric or weighty or optimal.

My comments and descriptions are personal opinion based upon alchemical research, experimentation and metaphysics. Death appears in increments and is a 'context' that is reversible. Unadjusted contexts remain somewhat identical and repeat from lifetime to lifetime to lifetime until adjusted by the alchemist.

The cosmology of 'The Alchemical Marriage' can unlock the secrets of 'heaven and hell'.

Later I shall create a collage depicting 'the glorious alchemical marriage', after I obtain good photos of a large pizza, some angelic presences and a discount coupon. http://forum.alchemyforums.com/images/icons/icon10.gif
In the meantime, the alchemist is in 'The Below" re-engineering the mixture, now armed with the knowledge that 'death' is merely an option.

http://www.imageuploads.net/ims/pic.php?u=32803xZHKX&i=168459