PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Seth-Ra
04-03-2009, 06:43 AM
hello everyone! Im new to this forum, though i have been looking around it for a few days. My Screen-name is Seth-Ra, its kind of a play on a lot of things, Set/Seth the Egyptian god of chaos and storms (reminds me of the prima materia), and Seth was the 3rd son of Adam, so i guess you could say its a play on the "3" (mind, body, soul) and of course, Ra the Egyptian sun god. My Real name is Jessie, though you may call me by either my real name or screen-name. ;)

I look forward to meeting and learning a lot from all of you. I got interested in alchemy when i was 14 (im currently 17, but will be 18 in May), all because of the anime' Full Metal Alchemist. On another note, i am a swordsman/martial artist (mainly in the Japanese sword art, mine is a mix of battojutsu and kenjutsu, with a special "mix" in with it. I have a site/blog about it, in which i try to incorporate alchemical principles into my martial arts. Send me a PM if youd like the link. :D )
And also im a Christian. :) (ive read a bit about how some think the Bible is full of alchemical knowledge, i can believe that to an extent, but if asked, i will say i believe it literally as well, when context says it is, of course. ;) )

But anyway, that is me and i look forward to my time on here learning with you all, this most Royal and Arcane Art.

~Seth-Ra :cool:

Awani
04-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Hi there... glad you could make it!

Have a look around, there is something for everyone and if not just create whatever subject that is missing!

:cool:

Aleilius
04-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Hi Seth-Ra, it's nice to have you aboard.

I finally had a chance to reply to that PM you sent me. :)

Dizardos
04-04-2009, 01:32 AM
Welcome to the forum Seth-Ra!

What kind of alchemy do you study if I may ask?

Seth-Ra
04-04-2009, 02:13 AM
Well, im mostly researching many things, namely the Philosopher's Stone. (who isn't? ;) )
But, as for "practical/lab" Alchemy, ive been working with rain water (the same batch) for 3 years, along with Roses. This year i hope to make a Stone from them. If it all goes right, then i will post my method. my timing is slow, as i dont have any "lab" gear at all. My containers are glass jars and bottles that i snatched when mom emptied out the last of the things in them. My method of heating has been sunlight, and i had a heating lamp i used. im going to fix up a distillation set-up and use some of the candles i have for the heating. (my materials aren't hard to distill or anything, so i don't need high degrees of heat or anything... at least, not yet. ;) )

But, i have used my water to heal some accidental sword slices on me, so far. (one Art heals another Art. :) )

As for "Spiritual/Mental" Alchemy, i read a lot on the principles and things, and as i mentioned earlier, i am Christian, so i do all Alchemy by the grace of God, and i let nature and voice of God lead my spirit. :)
(this is kinda where my alchemy gets "personal" i suppose, as i can see the "allegory" in the Bible, but i take it literal also; i guess you can say i see it as a large "pattern", combining the Bible with Alchemical processes, but not seeing it as solely an alchemical allegory. )
But thats just me. :)

So far thats all the Alchemy ive done though, but i hope to do more, and further my Art. The anime' Full Metal Alchemist got me into it, and after doing some basic research (and finding out its real, its science, and its awesome! :D ) i re-watched the show, seeing things i never noticed, and even now, i still do. But my goal is to help people. Making gold is "ok", but id rather understand things, and heal those who need it.
Feel free to ask me any questions, if i havent covered everything about me. I only mask my work to those that need not see it, but not myself, for i have nothing to hide. :cool:

~Seth-Ra

Salazius
04-04-2009, 06:25 AM
Welcome Seth - Ra,

so i do all Alchemy by the grace of God, and i let nature and voice of God lead my spirit.

Yes, few are aware of that unfortunately.

And concerning alchmical gold, I beleive that there is much more to do with it than transmuting it into a bank account.

horticult
04-04-2009, 10:55 AM
4 distillation you need only some cooler and maybe bunsen burner if you have gas. Check "John French: The art of distillation" for some backyard hightech.

By a sword I mean a weapon long billions of light years.

Seth-Ra
04-04-2009, 04:45 PM
4 distillation you need only some cooler and maybe bunsen burner if you have gas. Check "John French: The art of distillation" for some backyard hightech.

Thanks, ill give it a look and see what i can come up with. :)

By a sword I mean a weapon long billions of light years.

Im not quite sure i caught what you were saying there... :o (elaborate?) :)

horticult
04-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Im not quite sure i caught what you were saying there... :o (elaborate?) :)

There is nothing hidden in that sentence, unless you do not know that "light year" is a unit of length, rather longer than an yard or meter.