PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Myself

Al-Kemi
04-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Greetings,
My name is Micah, and I have been working in Alchemy & Spagyrics both as a spiritual path and a profession since 1991, when my husband Paul & I started our company, Al-Kemi.

For those unfamiliar with our work, we create Spagyric medicines from over 200 different plants, along with mineral and metal medicines.

What originally brought me to the work was herbalism and working with plants, combined with Paul's background in Hermetics and Qabalah. Since then, we've combined our knowledge and worked together, and we feel very lucky in our life.

I found this forum through the old archived version of it, via a search on dew & nitre for an article I'm writing for our site, discussing the dew we're happily collecting each night this week (until the rain comes back).

Strength & Wisdom,
Micah

Aleilius
04-07-2009, 01:23 AM
Hi Al-Kemi, I'm sorry I had to remove a few things from your post, but our forum does not allow advertisements. Those who are interested will easily be able to find your site if they do a search on google.

Welcome to the forum, and feel free to join our discussions!

Awani
04-07-2009, 01:51 AM
Hey!

Welcome to the realm of Alchemy!

:)

Al-Kemi
04-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Aleilius,
I'm sorry you felt you had to edit my post- my website and body of work there is the best introduction to us, since we have been doing this for so long that it would be a long post here to go into it all.

As for the school I was discussing, I would think that would be interesting to your other members, given that many are working in practical alchemy and posting here for guidance, and alchemical training is hard to come by. But if those are your rules, so be it, I understand that this is your forum & you've figured out rules that work for you-

Strength & Wisdom,
Micah

Dizardos
04-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi Al-Kemi,

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully you find what you are looking for. This forum offers a broad range of alchemical topics.

Alchemy is in my personal opinion an Art that is mainly mastered by the study of the works of adepts and 'inner reflection' (which is not meant in a spiritual way). There are many teachers, but when it comes to tinging but an ounce of a metal into gold which would verify one's mastery of the art the world appears very empty (no offense intended).

Nice website by the way. I can see that a lot of work went into it.

Have a nice day!

Aleilius
04-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Al-Kemi, I hope there's no hard feelings. I honestly wouldn't have a problem with it, but I must follow the rules mentioned by our administrator.

I completely agree with Dizardos. Your website is very nice, and much work has went into it. It really is a work of art. Others won't have a problem finding it, and they'll be quite satisfied when they do.

Regarding your school: It's a noteworthy endeavor, but there are many so called alchemical colleges and schools. They all teach their own brand of alchemy, but it's of my opinion that the art should be learned just as Dizardos mentioned (studying the works of the adepts/masters & inner reflection). Some of these schools even do more harm than good.

Al-Kemi
04-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Aleilius,
I agree that the true learning has to come from the student's connection with the work, their own dedication, insights, and study. However, I think there is a place for teachers, as well, as there are many operations which are unsafe if one is not properly trained in a hands on way, and studying with one who has done the work before means that each student doesn't have to reinvent the wheel, and can take the work forward, instead of back over the same ground. To me, whether that person is a "master" or not isn't the point; anyone can teach if they have more experience in a given field than the person looking to learn from them.

The best insights, processes, and results we got have been from our own inner guides and study, but I won't deny that when we started out, our teachers, Jean Dubuis and later, Manfred Junius, were of immense help to set us on the right path. They were certainly adepts and masters, I don't think that they are undeserving of that title simply because they were alive when we were able to study with them in person, rather than only after they were dead and gone and only in old texts.

After our years in the Art, in which we have been supported and helped by the results of that early help, we feel that helping someone else in turn is the right thing to do. The teacher-student relationship, whether in terms of casual advice and tips as on forums, or in the more formal way that we plan, advances and expands the lineage.

Strength & Wisdom,
Micah

Al-Kemi
04-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Dizardos & Aleilius,
Sorry, I'm really excited about our new class venture, I got a bit passionate there & forgot to say thanks for your nice comments about our site. We just re-did it, I'm happy with how it looks, too, and glad that you liked it.

We made a switch to the a new site format, we had a more static traditional HTML site before, but this new one is easier to update & write on, and so will allow us to give out a lot more information about our work & alchemy generally. Anyway, glad you liked it, it was a lot of work but worth it.

Strength & Wisdom,
Al-Kemi

Aleilius
04-08-2009, 02:48 AM
After our years in the Art, in which we have been supported and helped by the results of that early help, we feel that helping someone else in turn is the right thing to do. The teacher-student relationship, whether in terms of casual advice and tips as on forums, or in the more formal way that we plan, advances and expands the lineage.
Helping is one thing, but charging people for help is another thing. I'm sure your school won't be free. After all, you're a business right? What's the point of teaching for free? ;)

It would be great if I could somehow gain extra money on the side to pursue alchemical endeavors and perhaps even buy some new equipment, but I'm afraid it goes against my code as an alchemist. I believe teaching should be free. After all, this forum is completely free with no strings attached, and we're all about teaching. Even then, did Christ charge his disciples?

Awani
04-08-2009, 03:47 AM
Christ didn't, only those that tried to exploit his message!*

;)

* a highly alchemical message I might add