PDA

View Full Version : My introduction

Cephal
04-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Hello, you can refer to me as "Kiev." I am a nineteen year old college student who loves philosophy and constantly looks for answers to questions. Recently, I have come about to answer myself a question that will lead me to another series of question. That question is "What is the existence of energy, how far does it go, why?" and while thinking on it one night, I recall that there was an ancient form of seeking wisdom - Alchemy. I may seem out of place for making the correlation between the two, but I feel this is the best way for me to find my answers.

The problem I am facing is that with all the data about alchemy in existence, I do not know the best place to start on my quest for knowledge. As such I come before the members of this forum to find the best area to start with, and which material will suit best for someone with no experience. I am aware that it may take years or that I may never find my answer this way, but I will try anyway.

Well, this is my introduction, if anyone would like to know more about me - I will be open to discussion.

kerkring
04-11-2009, 06:30 PM
According to my current understanding:

The objective of the alchemist should be to re-establish contact with his or her higher self which exist on a higher sphere in the invisible worlds. A good overview of this paradigm is given in the books by Jean Dubuis: 'The Fundamentals of Esoteric Knowledge' and 'The Experience of Eternity'. This can be accomplished by both meditative and physical means.

The latter means making, at first, herbal tinctures and later stones that you ingest. This artificially raises your energetic levels and could results in inner experiences during dreams. Later you can make metallic/mineral tinctures which have a stronger effect. Jean Dubuis/The Philosophers of Nature wrote a series of courses about Herbal and Mineral Alchemy which are a good place to start.

For the former, magical techniques based on the qabala can be employed. Meditation can also be used and there also are more technological approaches such binaural beats or theta brainwave training.

Some of the books mentioned are circulating on torrent sites. PM me for some pointers...

Aleilius
04-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Hi Kiev, it's good to see another young one on this forum. I was a year older than you when I started.

"What is the existence of energy, how far does it go, why?"
This is the million dollar question! The nature of reality, existence, and energy is stranger than I ever imagined. Their relationships are connected in very strange and mysterious ways.

I am still trying to answer this question though, and it feels like I've only skimmed the surface.

Cephal
04-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Hi Kiev, it's good to see another young one on this forum. I was a year older than you when I started.

This is the million dollar question! The nature of reality, existence, and energy is stranger than I ever imagined. Their relationships are connected in very strange and mysterious ways.

I am still trying to answer this question though, and it feels like I've only skimmed the surface.

Ah yes, I intend to go as deep as I can get - even if it takes a lifetime. I have personal reasons for delving into alchemy as well. Perhaps as I start pushing deeper into everything, I can share my theories with you and vice versa. However, I must start with the basics and get myself acquainted with alchemical processes and the philosophical aspects before I start pushing on that ever so important question. Yes, I see the existence of energy as being the root to all my questions about existence itself.

Awani
04-12-2009, 07:56 AM
Welcome Kiev!

:)

Cephal
04-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Welcome Kiev!

:)

Why, thank you!

Cephal
03-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Well gentlemen and ladies, it would appear that I'm finally back. I had much time to think and I think I've come up with a few interesting ideas I'm going to share with you all sooner or later.

I'm going to post a number of crude diagrams along with some explanations to go with them sometime within the next two weeks to show my ideas. However, I can't guarantee any sort of accuracy in the grander scale of things. Just my thoughts.

It's good to be back/see you all again.

Aleilius
03-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Well gentlemen and ladies, it would appear that I'm finally back. I had much time to think and I think I've come up with a few interesting ideas I'm going to share with you all sooner or later.

I'm going to post a number of crude diagrams along with some explanations to go with them sometime within the next two weeks to show my ideas. However, I can't guarantee any sort of accuracy in the grander scale of things. Just my thoughts.

It's good to be back/see you all again.

Hey, was wondering where you'd went! Glad to see you back here.

Awani
03-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Yes, welcome back Kiev!

:cool:

Cephal
03-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Thank you very much.

Cephal
01-18-2012, 11:55 PM
Would it be a problem to request if the Admin(s) change my user account name from Kiev to Cephal?

If that's not possible then please do let me know.

Awani
01-19-2012, 11:45 PM
Sure I can do that, please note this at the bottom of your signature for a little while so people know who they are speaking to. For example:

Previously called Kiev.

Or something like that. Your name is changed!

:cool:

Cephal
01-20-2012, 02:42 AM
Well obliged. I've been sing the name Cephal for years. When I last used Kiev I had a different philosophy on life and it has since changed. Since I was last here I haven't really learned much more than I knew before I came aside from glancing over the Kybalion. I have taken quite a bit of time to ponder life, however and I've been vaguely interested in resuming study of mostly spiritual alchemy. I hardly have the resources or the availability at this time to study any form of physical alchemy.

All aside it's excellent to be speaking to you lot again and I can definitely say I'm glad to see you. I've vaguely been here on and off over the years but haven't really said anything or contributed and I suppose the last time I was here I had the same thoughts I was having now but with a different life perception.

Anywho, I will definitely be sure to collaborate with the more aware or experienced members here and I will time and again post my thoughts however they may be different.

My morale in life has just been at a low point for years and I suppose the life has been sucked out of me by a number of events and problems. Stricken by misery and at times binge drinking. It's been an odd ride, that's for sure.