PDA

View Full Version : Opus Mago-Cabbalisticum Et Theosophicum by Georg Von Welling

horticult
04-14-2009, 11:11 PM
Wisdom.
That is what we need.
Unfortunately instructions how to attain it are scarce and not much clear.
In this Welling´s Opus Mago-Cabo... seems to might be some info. I read only an excerpt, as the work is not downloadable now.
Anyone has it?

Play_Dough
04-18-2009, 10:13 AM
Wisdom.
That is what we need.
In this Welling´s Opus Mago-Cabo... seems to might be some info. I read only an excerpt, as the work is not downloadable now.
Anyone has it?

I have not read the material that you referenced.
Nevertheless, I have a notion about how we attain 'wisdom'. In fact, I believe that it is the only way...........
Here it is:

If, as alchemy teaches, 'all is One' (The One) and if, as The Emerald Tablet implies, 'that alchemists are to be 'mediated' by 'The One' then, if 'The One' is 'wise' then by being completely surrendered (The Full Metal Alchemist) to the mediations of 'The One' we will not only appear as 'wise' but will behave 'wisely' and gradually realize that the 'wise' are those who are surrendered to 'The One'.

In surrendering to The One, we then 'merge', as individuals, with 'The One' and have access to all of the treasures of 'The One', including wisdom. So..... to attain 'wisdom' just 'get out of the way' and let 'The One' speak through you.

There is no 'Plan B'.

Lifetimes of searching compressed into a few paragraphs. Then further reduced into an aphorism....... "Let go and allow 'The One' to take over".
And then the aphorism vanishes............ because 'those who know, do not say'.

Blessings to you, horticult.

PodWORLD
04-20-2009, 02:36 AM
Link below takes you to book in full.
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=-BoGFw1TXy0C&dq=Opus+Mago-Cabbalisticum+Et+Theosophicum+by+Georg+Von+Welling&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=en&ei=n97rSZ9gkrIx1L7l7QU&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4#PPA6,M1ok in full.

Albion
11-08-2010, 07:29 AM
Some time has passed...

Does anyone particularly recommend this book [Opus Mago-Cabbalisticum]?

http://books.google.com/books?id=-BoGFw1TXy0C&pg=PR9&dq=Opus+Mago-Cabalisticum&hl=en&ei=iJfXTLTIMoP58AbI_fWxDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCoQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Opus%20Mago-Cabalisticum&f=true

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1578633273/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0A6XS3XW6J78Y1BAJ16T&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

It seems to me, it would be nice if we had a common shorthand scale for communicating Alchemy-text evaluations - perhaps one that took into consideration two factors, the first being the relative degree of the text’s Clarity (i.e. the inverse of the degree of veiling/obfuscation), and the second being the degree of the text’s Edifying potential. Call it the Clarity/Edification scale. Both factors would be considered on scales of 1-10.

So, for example, a document with an average (for Alchemical texts, taken as a whole) degree of clarity-versus-obfuscation/veiling/circumlocution - yet with an extremely high degree of potentially edifying content, would rate a 5:10. A tome which is transparently clear, yet rather shallow (or perhaps written by someone who doesn't really know what they're talking about), would rate, say, a 10:2.

I understand that this is still a bit simplistic [could be improved/clarified] and does not, in and of itself, account for the level of expertise of the evaluator himself, nor the individuals he is addressing.

Anyway, anyone responding to this post might consider trying out this shorthand scale when they do [with additional elaborations/qualifications welcome].

MarkostheGnostic
12-27-2010, 04:09 AM
Wisdom.
That is what we need.
Anyone has it?

Uh, yup. For many months now, but not very far into it. Something moved me to buy it...perhaps because Goethe allegedly read it. Sorry for the long delay in responding. M'Lady is watching
the film 'Eat, Pray, Love,' and I'm perusing the forums.

teofrast40
12-31-2010, 03:53 PM
hallo horticult,
I red it, and did not find it astonishing.
it is inside the RAMS collection.
t

Joshua
02-09-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm in the Process of reading Opus right now, and it is truly excellent. It is QUITE charitable. The texts included at the end are good, too. I love interlibrary loans. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Horticult.

vega33
02-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Very cosmically funny! I've been reading of von Welling and thinking of starting one of his experiments for the extraction of "Mercury" (the oily variety), was going to ask if anyone had a link.

Thanks Horticult!

Frater IA
02-12-2011, 01:35 AM
I have not read the material that you referenced.
Nevertheless, I have a notion about how we attain 'wisdom'. In fact, I believe that it is the only way...........
Here it is:

If, as alchemy teaches, 'all is One' (The One) and if, as The Emerald Tablet implies, 'that alchemists are to be 'mediated' by 'The One' then, if 'The One' is 'wise' then by being completely surrendered (The Full Metal Alchemist) to the mediations of 'The One' we will not only appear as 'wise' but will behave 'wisely' and gradually realize that the 'wise' are those who are surrendered to 'The One'.

In surrendering to The One, we then 'merge', as individuals, with 'The One' and have access to all of the treasures of 'The One', including wisdom. So..... to attain 'wisdom' just 'get out of the way' and let 'The One' speak through you.

There is no 'Plan B'.

Lifetimes of searching compressed into a few paragraphs. Then further reduced into an aphorism....... "Let go and allow 'The One' to take over".
And then the aphorism vanishes............ because 'those who know, do not say'.

Blessings to you, horticult.

I do very much believe this is either very close, or exactly what Siddharta Buddha realized when he attained enlightenment, he felt the connection with the One and with the All, and then rather than having knowledge, he understood, and by understanding, he had wisdom. ;)

vega33
02-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Its funny to realize how many good, honest authors there are on alchemy in the German language. I just bought a copy of the translation since the preview is so pitifully small. I'm only 3 days into the experiment from the book and already seem to be confirming *some* of what he said.

True Initiate
02-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Its funny to realize how many good, honest authors there are on alchemy in the German language. I just bought a copy of the translation since the preview is so pitifully small. I'm only 3 days into the experiment from the book and already seem to be confirming *some* of what he said.

I agree to this 100% but you should know that the best books are still not translated.I am very lucky to speak and read German fluently.