PDA

View Full Version : The Beauty of Sharing Information

Wildfire
05-03-2020, 10:16 PM
We are all alchemists in this community whether we practice internal, external alchemy or both. Following this ideology I must ask why is it that some people especially newbies come in here and just want to gather new knowledge but never share what they know?

I've had a newbie ask me to share what I know but he himself is totally unwilling to share his knowledge and says that the information that he has is not to be given out and that only God himself can reveal such information to others.

Well... little does he realize that much of what I know ALSO comes from the Divine Himself. So hoarding information is what I'm totally against and looks selfish as hell! well... the fellow's name indicates selfishness to the max already.

That kind of attitude spoils the group and makes people untrustworthy. If everybody starts following down this path, in no time this community will look like a gongpit (my opinion of it is almost down the toilet anyways because of this and some others who just come here to argue). Because of people like these that my tomes of knowledge remain closed. Good luck finding it elsewhere!!!

Uambra
05-12-2020, 05:14 PM
People are different. Maybe not everyone shares his knowledge, but many here in the forum do. When you find out people are drawing information from you and holding back their own, just stop talking to them. This forum is alive, provide your experiences in the public and ask for more information, some people will answer. :)

Awani
05-12-2020, 06:38 PM
...(my opinion of it is almost down the toilet anyways because of this and some others who just come here to argue). Because of people like these that my tomes of knowledge remain closed. Good luck finding it elsewhere!!!

This is a forum. Debates are a big part of the game. What I find worse than the thing you view as problematic, is that you consider no one worthy of your knowledge. Sounds pretty arrogant and usually a sign that there is no worthy knowledge to be had.

Is there a way to make an elixir that makes people be less like snowflakes and more like sunflowers? I think society should reintroduce the duel.

The level of ENTITLEMENT that people seem to have these days is a problem I think. In your case you claim the newbie want information for nothing and then you claim you want information for nothing. Ironic.

:p

Awani
05-12-2020, 06:40 PM
People are different. Maybe not everyone shares his knowledge, but many here in the forum do. When you find out people are drawing information from you and holding back their own, just stop talking to them. This forum is alive, provide your experiences in the public and ask for more information, some people will answer. :)

A very healthy attitude.

Andro
05-12-2020, 06:52 PM
I think society should reintroduce the duel.
Mandatory military service would do the trick as well.

Awani
05-12-2020, 07:11 PM
Mandatory military service would do the trick as well.

No leaders in a duel. Military service you have to be someones bitch. That won’t do.

Andro
05-12-2020, 07:56 PM
No leaders in a duel. Military service you have to be someones bitch. That won’t do.
Have you ever participated in either? (military service or duel)

Awani
05-12-2020, 08:17 PM
What happens in military service if you do not follow orders?

Been in plenty of duels. A duel is two people solving an issue, need not be fencing. Can be fists too. Never did military service, because I was not allowed to serve when the military shrink understood I won’t obey orders if I don’t feel like it.

I did spend some time at an army base as a civilian and from watching, talking and hanging with the recruits I was clear to me who had to obey who. A bitch is a female dog. To a dog you say ”sit” or ”fetch”... just like a soldier.

Seth-Ra
05-13-2020, 06:50 PM
Ive been in plenty of duels/fights and military service as well. There is a give and take to both, a flow. There's something to be said too about the teacher-student dynamic (or superior-underling dynamic) in the military. In life, not just military, there are moments to stand by your convictions that override authority. Such isnt to be taken lightly, or people are undiciplined brats that cant stop flinging their shit at each other. But likewise, you have to have real conviction, purpose and passion to buck the orders, just like throwing down for a duel and risking bodily injury for a principle.
Ultimately people do need to toughen the fuck up, and both those things would cause it - at the very least just the 9-16 weeks of Basic. ;)

As for the topic of information sharing, there is a give and take flow to that too. Alchemists are secretive by nature: they study occult/esoteric/HIDDEN/SECRET knowledge. They often do share a lot with one another and those who's spirits and minds resonate with their own, or even balance it with counter thought - but right intention/spirit.
No one is owed another's knowledge or work. Humanity at large deserves nothing. By grace, they are given somethings, and by their work and diligence, they acquire more. But no where do they deserve more than they work for, nor are they impervious to great equalizer that reminds them of their place and what they "deserve".

Wildfire
05-14-2020, 08:55 PM
Because of the selfishness in people's hearts I ain't giving diddly squat here ever again! no money or knowledge of any kind. I will though absorb it just like uncle scrooge did to me. Like it okay... don't like it tough beans! But hey according to him it can't be revealed by ourselves only by Divine will. So... You guys can get it by Divine will too! I am just doing what I was told is anyone going to criticize me for that? How abt it Awani? I got wayyy more knowledge from other facebook groups than I ever did from here anyways. If I haven't made the guy's name known it is UNCLE SCROOGE.

Why would I listen to a communist like Awani anyways.... this site has served its usefulness. Good ridance!
BTW I ain't obeying crap from you awani. Whether you're the boss here or not got it!

Awani
05-14-2020, 10:04 PM
LOL. On the rag?

With a name like Uncle Scrooge what would you expect. :) I do find it funny you think I am a communist. Most leftist people that know me think I am a far-right alt-right. As for obeying, well I never said you have to obey "me"... only the rules and guidelines of the forums.

This forums is no better than it's members, so if you feel it is weak in knowledge - and you are a member - maybe leaving is the answer.

Wildfire
05-15-2020, 02:43 AM
What do you call someone who takes and never gives anything? I call it a sick sponge and that's what uncle scrooge is to me. You along with others seem to think that it is okay to do that. I am always willing to share, but if the other person volunteers information and then holds it back, it sounds like they're being pretentious pigs. Anyways I don't just talk about what alchemy is, I live it and research it. I read and enhance my knowledge day-by-day in growth of diferrent areas with daily practice. But since you're so fond of what goes on in here I'll tell you that armchair occultists and alchemists have their wheels spinning in place going nowhere. I am just doing what he did too. What is wrong with that attitude? If he is okay to do so then so am I too.
And I thought you said on other posts that if there was ever a war you'd be joining the communist side. Why change it now? Hmmm... The forum is as weak as its members. Don't make me laugh. I have tons of knowledge that I just don't want to put forth anymore regardless of what happens to me here. I have been feeling some negativity on this forum for some while now and I was just being naive in thinking that it was nothing, but lately its been growing. Maybe the answer really lies in being somewhat selfish if people behave like uncle scrooge. Why else would others be here? Every human relation there is an expectation of trade of some sorts. Don't preach to me about that crap of giving without expectations. I wasn't the one who volunteered any information. But if that is the kind of members that the forum is attracting, then you'd best re-evaluate the energies being put forth here.

Awani
05-15-2020, 06:25 AM
I have not noticed anything negative apart from your whiny posts about Scrooge. And yes I donít care about the drama you have with him as long as it does not break the rules.

Regarding communism I think you took that out of context. Itís all relative to what is being discussed.

If you have tons of knowledge keep it to yourself. This is not a pissing contest.

Wildfire
05-15-2020, 01:08 PM
Your attitude is piss poor at best and makes this place look like a gongpit! I want out of this crap. Delete my fucking account!

Awani
05-15-2020, 03:10 PM
Delete my fucking account!

My attitude? :) Not sure how this place could be active for 12+ years if that was an issue. LOL. Again you're the one screaming and yelling and calling yourself the Sage of the Universe. Not I.

But fine I can delete your account, however we do not delete posts (as clearly stated in the Rules & Guidelines (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/announcement.php?f=5&a=3) that you have to read before entry): Your post is final (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2888-a-rule-you-all-should-be-aware-of)

Deletion is irreversible.

Thanks for playing.

Kiorionis
05-15-2020, 06:57 PM
Well, that was strange.

I’ll lock the thread now, because it seems to be going nowhere. Though the discussion on duels and military hierarchy was interesting.

Awani, Andro, if you feel like reopening it, fine by me

:)