PDA

View Full Version : A Warning about Taro



elixirmixer
11-19-2020, 06:17 AM
Do not eat Taro. At least do not eat it raw. Ever.

It is a horrible poison that feels like razor blades are cutting your insides.

It perhaps feels like razor blades because, well it kind of is.

It has microscopic razor blades made from acid ready to drive your cells to bits.

How do I know?

You guessed it, I almost died last night because a friend gave me a piece of Taro, she also wasn't aware it was poisonous.

She did say that she thought you needed to cook it, but, me bring the hero, I took a bite of it raw.

The pain was excrusciating.

I've never experienced anything like it. Billions of razor blades just diving into my mouth and throat cells.

Horrible. You've been warned.

Awani
11-20-2020, 07:57 PM
I thought it was a common food in Asia?

:p

Hermaphrodite
11-20-2020, 10:29 PM
Thanks. Is that a root vegetable? I've been seeing them in the store. They are the size of footballs.
Taro is also a type of grain I believe so too.

elixirmixer
11-21-2020, 01:48 PM
You can cook it for 45 minutes and the poison breaks down. Its.onky super poisonous hermits raw. I had heard of it a number of times and it is a common food, but a lot of people who use it apparently don't know it's poisonous, but they just never eat it raw anyway. I was just a dummy.