PDA

View Full Version : curious question

Seth-Ra
05-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Im wondering if a more "learned" or skilled alchemist, or someone who is good at dream interpretation and symbolism can perhaps explain the dream im fixing to tell, and more so, identify the image posted.

The Dream:

Im in a house, its like my old house on the inside, but like my current house on the outside. I notice it is empty, so i go outside to see where everyone is. I find what resembles people, but its petrified, and grafted into the tree branches. I assume its my eyes playing tricks on me, cause its so lonely/quiet.

As im looking at some of the odd branches a little ways off, noticing the resemblances, i turn and see that im surrounded. A bunch of dead, leafless trees has formed a semicircle around the front of me, and are coming at me, their leafless, dead branches acting more like vines, and then it clicks: they drained the people of their life-force, so they could live... those branches, they were actually petrified humans, literally part of the tree's branches...
I tried to wake up, as i realized it was a dream. I have never, ever, EVER had a dream that i could realize it was a dream, and then stay in it. When i did realize it, i would always try to control things, and by doing that, it effected the dream, i.e. id consciously think to hard, making the dream surrounding deteriorate and wake up, or id stop and it would go back to normal, my change never occurred and id soon forget it was a dream.

But... that didnt happen this time, the first time out of almost 18 years of sleeping.... instead, the dream stayed perfectly, and i heard a voice which said: "Its not a dream, its another realm."... i dont buy that... surely not... but the trees were in front of me now... reaching for me. I closed my eyes, and in the blackness of my mind's eye, i seen a golden egg, the Universal Egg of Alchemy, and inside of it, an emerald green symbol, the likes of which i have NEVER seen before. By this "pattern", i gave power to my words, as i looked up at the killer trees in front me, i swung my arm at them, and yelled: "Back!" A white shock-wave ripped from me to them, shattering their outstretched limbs as glass, and knocking them a distance away.

i thought about this for a second, and i recalled the image to my mind's eye again. I thought to myself, consciously, this is not a normal dream... i just influenced it, ive never seen the image before, and even though im aware this is a "dream", and ive influenced it, i cannot wake up, and the dream doesnt deteriorate... how? why? what did that voice mean "another realm"? Can what happens here, effect me for real in some way?
As i pondered this, the trees were in front of me again, and again trying to grab me. Angered by this, i called forth the image in my mind, and yelled: "I said, *swings arm again* BACK!!!" Again the shock-wave, stronger this time, shattering their limbs as though glass, and knocking them further away. They did not press their assault a third time.

I was unable to stay in that place then though, as i looked at the trees, it felt like i was picked up, the scenery changed, and i was in a "normal" dream. Still remembering what just happened, i talked to my friends and family in my next dreams. They ignored my talk of that dream, and acted as though i was crazy. Finally i had had enough of them, so i woke up, the ability to do so returned to me.

I have, NO idea what that was all about. It was the voice of my "subconscious self" that said it was another realm. i remember his voice from a previous dream.

As for the image, i took 2 hours to draw this, and i cannot find any alchemy symbol, that fits it, but perhaps someone here might?

I appreciate any and all help.

~Seth-Ra

Play_Dough
05-03-2009, 06:16 AM
Im wondering if a more "learned" or skilled alchemist, or someone who is good at dream interpretation and symbolism can perhaps explain the dream im fixing to tell, and more so, identify the image posted.

The Dream:

Im in a house, its like my old house on the inside, but like my current house on the outside. I notice it is empty, so i go outside to see where everyone is. I find what resembles people, but its petrified, and grafted into the tree branches. I assume its my eyes playing tricks on me, cause its so lonely/quiet.

As im looking at some of the odd branches a little ways off, noticing the resemblances, i turn and see that im surrounded. A bunch of dead, leafless trees has formed a semicircle around the front of me, and are coming at me, their leafless, dead branches acting more like vines, and then it clicks: they drained the people of their life-force, so they could live... those branches, they were actually petrified humans, literally part of the tree's branches...
I tried to wake up, as i realized it was a dream. I have never, ever, EVER had a dream that i could realize it was a dream, and then stay in it. When i did realize it, i would always try to control things, and by doing that, it effected the dream, i.e. id consciously think to hard, making the dream surrounding deteriorate and wake up, or id stop and it would go back to normal, my change never occurred and id soon forget it was a dream.

But... that didnt happen this time, the first time out of almost 18 years of sleeping.... instead, the dream stayed perfectly, and i heard a voice which said: "Its not a dream, its another realm."... i dont buy that... surely not... but the trees were in front of me now... reaching for me. I closed my eyes, and in the blackness of my mind's eye, i seen a golden egg, the Universal Egg of Alchemy, and inside of it, an emerald green symbol, the likes of which i have NEVER seen before. By this "pattern", i gave power to my words, as i looked up at the killer trees in front me, i swung my arm at them, and yelled: "Back!" A white shock-wave ripped from me to them, shattering their outstretched limbs as glass, and knocking them a distance away.

i thought about this for a second, and i recalled the image to my mind's eye again. I thought to myself, consciously, this is not a normal dream... i just influenced it, ive never seen the image before, and even though im aware this is a "dream", and ive influenced it, i cannot wake up, and the dream doesnt deteriorate... how? why? what did that voice mean "another realm"? Can what happens here, effect me for real in some way?
As i pondered this, the trees were in front of me again, and again trying to grab me. Angered by this, i called forth the image in my mind, and yelled: "I said, *swings arm again* BACK!!!" Again the shock-wave, stronger this time, shattering their limbs as though glass, and knocking them further away. They did not press their assault a third time.

I was unable to stay in that place then though, as i looked at the trees, it felt like i was picked up, the scenery changed, and i was in a "normal" dream. Still remembering what just happened, i talked to my friends and family in my next dreams. They ignored my talk of that dream, and acted as though i was crazy. Finally i had had enough of them, so i woke up, the ability to do so returned to me.

I have, NO idea what that was all about. It was the voice of my "subconscious self" that said it was another realm. i remember his voice from a previous dream.

As for the image, i took 2 hours to draw this, and i cannot find any alchemy symbol, that fits it, but perhaps someone here might?

I appreciate any and all help.

~Seth-Ra

"I'm in a house, its like my old house on the inside, but like my current house on the outside.

>>>>> Only externals are changing and not the core being. Family attachments (expectations, cultural training, etc.) are interfering with your alchemical process of self-actualization.

"I find what resembles people, but its petrified, and grafted into the tree branches...A bunch of dead, leafless trees has formed a semicircle around the front of me, and are coming at me, their leafless, dead branches acting more like vines, and then it clicks: they drained the people of their life-force, so they could live... those branches, they were actually petrified humans, literally part of the tree's branches...

>>>>> People near to you are suffocating your personal evolution. The 'people' represent old and antiquated belief systems and servitude to erroneous-pseudo values and pretensions that they taught to you. (Tree - people = a unity) You are in the same line with them unless you chart a different course.

The symbol is your personal talisman (an ax) which you are to employ 'magically' to cut ties (roots) that are suffocating you. The power of the talisman will diminish if it is ever used violently. It is a tool of liberation.

You keep returning to your old outworn patterns instead of doing something dramatic. (new house - same old interior). You cling to the past out of unconscious fears and habit.

You are about to enter into a phase of dramatic rebirth, and alchemy and The Emerald Tablet are your path.

You too are 'petrified' but salvageable. You are out of alignment with your 'intuitive inner-feminine (the lunar nature)' and disbelieve 'her' when she tells you about other realms. Too much Sun and insufficient Moon in your alchemical mixture. Pay more attention to your 'ally' (inner voice) as his/her wise counsel is flawless, honest and true. He/he will never counsel you to do something that is unlawful nor unethical.

The dream allowed you a glimpse of your then-present situation as viewed from a higher realm......

The 'glass' that you shattered was a 'mirror' of the grave that you are now going to be lifted out of.

Lose the 'control trip' (unable to be mediated by "the above") and empower your inner feminine (lunar). You must get yourself free of cultural belief systems and abandon your past.

The old you is dead like the petrified tree of life of the dream. Life begins anew today.

Seth-Ra
05-03-2009, 06:26 AM
That is decently accurate, i was thinking along similar lines as far as the what the dream itself meant. Thank you for your insight into it.

The only thing that truly baffled me was the symbol in the egg... its funny you say its an ax, i think thats what my brother thought. I also noticed, reflecting and looking back at it today, there are seven darker sport in it. ( i tried to draw them as best i could, there are 4 at the top and 3 on the bottom.)
I have been focusing on how it looks like a cross, with the "roots" at the bottom, and the crescent moon (?) on the left of it... but i thought it odd because it seems as though its on the "wrong" side. (perhaps my "ego"/"sun" talking...

I do agree with a good deal of your assessment though. Thanks for the input Play_Dough, its appreciated. :)

Salazius
05-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Hi Seth Ra,

This inner voice : Your Gardian Angel, your Upaguru, your guide, your inner self ... same thing all that !

It seems you never seen this symbol before, so, learn about "scrying" and travel in the symbol by the inner vision of the spirit. You can learn a lot about it.

Concerning your "dream" it was an astral travel, not a awaken dream. You were actually in a world of the plant kingdom. Now, you maybe had the mission to tame these hungry-angry-carnivores-trees because a part of yourself is in link with this world. Do not beleive you were there by chance, or pure astral dream wandering.

Good night !

Play_Dough
05-03-2009, 12:40 PM
That is decently accurate, i was thinking along similar lines as far as the what the dream itself meant. Thank you for your insight into it.

The only thing that truly baffled me was the symbol in the egg... its funny you say its an ax, i think thats what my brother thought. I also noticed, reflecting and looking back at it today, there are seven darker sport in it. ( i tried to draw them as best i could, there are 4 at the top and 3 on the bottom.)
I have been focusing on how it looks like a cross, with the "roots" at the bottom, and the crescent moon (?) on the left of it... but i thought it odd because it seems as though its on the "wrong" side. (perhaps my "ego"/"sun" talking...

I do agree with a good deal of your assessment though. Thanks for the input Play_Dough, its appreciated. :)

Seth-Ra

Here is a gift (image) for you, complete with all legal rights including copyright ownership ( I used your new symbol and some imagery from your fantastic 'event')!
After making the image, and after reading Salazius' great advice, I am of the opinion that when the new symbol is removed from the context of the dream, then that symbol becomes a 'key'. It seems to me to be a pre-historic key. A unique and extraordinarily unusual and rare key. As far as I know there is no 'key' symbol in alchemy...... until now! (my opinion, your symbol) Perhaps the 'key symbol' can be used by alchemists to 'rate' an alchemical text. If an alchemist feels that a particular text either is or provides a 'key' to alchemy then that writing earns a 'key rating', using your symbol! O.K., I'm off it now! What a great ride!
Here's another hot item.... In alchemy an 'egg' is a symbol of a crypt..... it, metaphorically, houses something that (who) is awaiting to be born. The 'crypt' part represents one of the most profound alchemical mysteries when associated with an 'egg'. Your 'key and egg' is, in my opinion, an alchemical logos (logos - definition: - a rational principle that governs and develops the universe)! A 'key' within a key stating a rational but hidden (metaphysics) principle that governs one's path in alchemy....... contained within 'the secret of the identical alchemical symbols of the 'egg' and the 'crypt'..... and together forming a 'key'.

http://www.imageuploads.net/ims/pic.php?u=32803xZHKX&i=168974

Play_Dough

Salazius
05-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi everyone,

Seth Ra, I beleive this is your personal symbol, this is something that is not very known in the spiritual community, but some people do have a personnal emblema, this is maybe your case.
Contact me for further informations about that if so.

The egg, it's also, I think, a shield. And you ax is a cross/tree.
The colors are important.

Play dough you are talented for such things ! Very nice, bravo !

Seth-Ra
05-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Wow, you two are both mentioning things that i was thinking also, very interesting.

Salazious, I never thought about it as me being in the plant kingdom... that was a good thought, thank you. :)

Play-Dough, Thank's for that better image, its really nice. That bit about it being like a "pre-historic" key of some sort.... thats what i was thinking, in my words: "primordial pattern".

Very neat that both of you are thinking on the same page as me. :)

Im not sure if its a personal emblem or not, though i will definitely be using it as one. ;) The symbol reminds me of all the thinks mentioned, the cross, a tree, an ax... i also thought the egg might be a shield to. The emerald color of the symbol reminded me of like an "symbol/pattern" for the Emerald Tablet, and emerald is by birthstone (May 28th).

Thank you for all the advice. :D

~Seth-Ra

Play_Dough
05-03-2009, 09:37 PM
The case was dismissed!

http://www.imageuploads.net/ims/pic.php?u=32803xZHKX&i=169022

Seth-Ra
05-04-2009, 03:05 AM
The case was dismissed!

http://www.imageuploads.net/ims/pic.php?u=32803xZHKX&i=169022

*lol* Thanks Play_Dough, that was great. :D

horticult
05-04-2009, 02:42 PM
You are that house.

Use the sword.

That oval is spirit-egg-akashic, a lot about it on the net, you can try e.g. Golden Dawn materials. I can not remember that exact character, could be your personal /transient ;) /.

horticult
05-04-2009, 02:52 PM
but i thought it odd because it seems as though its on the "wrong"
Thats exactly you have to uproot 4 eternity.
If you are lucky you are b4 XVI and your paradigm will be smashed to pieces /4 the 1st time ;) .

horticult
05-04-2009, 02:59 PM
" The power of the talisman will diminish if it is ever used violently.

Nonsense.

But, if you are going to use that character as personal one, keep it well hidden. I would delete this thread etc...

Seth-Ra
05-04-2009, 05:05 PM
I dont see the need to delete the thread. It may in fact be my personal one, but i dont mind people seeing it, they would then just associate me with it, like they do some of the older alchemists.

If the whole point is to bring about my true self, and that of the materials im working with, then why hide what we are, when in essence thats what we are doing at the beginning, hiding and blocking away our self (sun) from our self (moon).
To hide my personal emblem would be like hiding my real name, which is on my introduction thread.

Besides, if it is personal then id wager im the only one that can make it "work" correctly, and if its not a personal one, and is like Play-Dough suggested, some sorta "pre-historic/primordial key", then i still see no reason why others cant see it.

im paranoid enough, i dont need more of it. ;)

Thanks for the input though Hoticult. :)

~Seth-Ra

Seth-Ra
05-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Also thanks to Play_Dough, i got the idea to create a 3D image of my emblem.

hope you all like it. :)

solomon levi
05-05-2009, 01:15 AM
Greetings Seth-Ra,

Your symbol is very much like the crucified serpent, but for some
reason only half of it. So I would say one side of you is more in
need of fixation than the other. The dream is asking you to become
balanced, or showing you that you need balance, IMO.

But who doesn't? (Should be a smiley here but I can't find them.)

solomon

Seth-Ra
05-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Greetings Seth-Ra,

Your symbol is very much like the crucified serpent, but for some
reason only half of it. So I would say one side of you is more in
need of fixation than the other. The dream is asking you to become
balanced, or showing you that you need balance, IMO.

But who doesn't? (Should be a smiley here but I can't find them.)

solomon

Ya know, i didnt think about that one... it kinda does favor it a bit. Ive always liked the crucified serpent one because of its meaning (to me anyway). Perhaps my emblem is a sort of "amalgam" off all the mentioned: tree, ax, crucified serpent, the egg being a shield among other things, and probably plenty more for both of the parts of the emblem.
I appreciate all the input so far, most of it has seemed inline with what it made me think of, and a few things that i never even considered.
Obviously ive made it my avatar now, so of course im going to use it (and i seem to call it to focus on in my meditating and what not when working with alchemy or just general things). I thank you all for your ideas , and i welcome any more that you may have on it. :)
You've all been a big help, and ill be sure to post if any "light bulbs" go off in my head concerning it. ;)

~Seth-Ra

Edited: I got the idea to look through some Japanese kanji (as some know, im a swordsman, and i love certain aspects of the Japanese.) And i came across 2 Kanji that closely resemble my symbol. its not a perfect match, but its close.

朱 : This one was the first one i notice, it has a 6 stroke count (6 for creation?) and it means cinnabar or vermillion. Cinnabar is interesting since its a mercurial ore, and im a Gemini = Mercury. (reference for kanji: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/朱 )

缶 : this was the next one i found, also 6 strokes to form it, and it means earthen jar (crucible perhaps?). (reference for kanji: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/缶 )

These could just be coincidence (if we believed there is such) as they dont "perfectly" match my emblem, but i would say they are quite close, and one could argue that the "distortion" of my emblem was done in such a way to mean both, along with all the previous mentioned... but thats speculation. Still, i thought it was interesting...

horticult
05-05-2009, 11:15 AM
The 3D ovoid is wrong, the former was OK.

I could not see graphic of kanji.

Seth-Ra
05-05-2009, 05:31 PM
I know my 3D model wasnt perfect, but it got the basic idea of my emblem, and it "looks better", i think... (its brighter then my drawing, so it works better for an avatar, imo)

If you cant see the kanji, then click the reference link, and you should be able to. :)

Seth-Ra
05-06-2009, 08:00 AM
Today i "broke" the symbol apart and i think i figured it out... It is in fact, a mixture/composite of... well, all of it... I dont know that i have exactly all the words to express how i feel about it at this time, as it just "clicked", and is still, slowly, doing so... With that, i not only feel it is "everything", but also "nothing", which means, i also do think it is a personal emblem of myself.

i wont pretend to "own" any such thing though, as i feel that would be vanity in itself, so, if anyone likes it, and wants to use it, all i ask is know the full spectrum of its meaning, even if that means contacting me to learn it. I dont mind sharing, i just cant describe it at the moment.
I would also like to thank everyone who participated in giving me their opinions on the mater, and know that i appreciate it, and none were wrong. :)

now im going to set out and try to draw it better then the first time, and probably see about putting it everywhere... :D

Thank you all again.

your friend,
~Seth-Ra