PDA

View Full Version : path of common sulphur

solomon levi
05-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Here are the salts which form in the green water.
They look like ice, are clear and melt like wax on a red plate
leaving behind a very white, buttery textured residue.

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=51&u=12781761

Here is the thick red oil from melting sulphur with nitre.
In this pic I added alcohol to it and you can see a little clear
waxy salt that is on the left. If I'm correct, this is Glauber's
universal mercury.

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=47&u=12781761

solomon levi
05-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Here is a tinging of antimony regulus which was digested
in an alakali solution of sulphur.
The silvery piece is the normal color. The smaller pieces have
hints of copper and gold.

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=60&u=12781761
http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=61&u=12781761

solomon levi
05-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Here is the tincture of sulphur in wine before you stir it:

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=46&u=12781761

Pretty cool. Some of the sulphur is precipitating out of solution.
This milk of sulphur is used as a medicine.

horticult
05-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Bacstrom is describing somewhere how to do IT from only brimstone.

abdo
11-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Here is a tinging of antimony regulus which was digested
in an alakali solution of sulphur.
The silvery piece is the normal color. The smaller pieces have
hints of copper and gold.

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=60&u=12781761
http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=61&u=12781761
How about digesting silver chloride with solution of sulfur

abdo
11-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Would you further describe this path

solomon levi
11-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Hi Abdo.
The first pic of salts resulted from a vitriol work of Glauber
where sodium sulfate is used as a dry menstruum with vegetable charcoal/carbon.
He called this path the Golden Carbuncle.
But it is similar to his "preparation of sweet oil of vitriol".

When the result of the fusion is placed in water, the water turns green and then red.
I think he describes a white phase too, but i didn't notice it in mine.
Mine were left sitting for a long time and I just noticed them one day.
Here's a pic of the red:

http://i28.servimg.com/u/f28/12/78/17/61/pict0717.jpg

The thick red oil I made with nitre was based on other observations of Glauber.

The tinging was made simply by having some regulus in an alcohol extract of sulfur
while i was distilling off some excess alcohol. Glauber remarks that a preparation of sulfur
can gild a silver coin gold.

In the Compendium of Alchemical Processes Glauber describes various works on sulfur
and I think it's useful to compare them and see what you see. :)

Nibiru
11-29-2010, 01:37 AM
Hello Solomon, very interesting work!! How wyrd that you should post this now, only 4 days after I revealed the following to Aleilius in a message I sent him:

"I had a dream last night that I met an adept who was showing me the steps towards producing the stone. In my dream I was told to look closer at brimstone or sulfur. I know that sulfur is related to the Sun and not Saturn so I don't know what I was being shown, if anything, in my dream?"

I had this dream a couple days after purchasing "The Middle Pillar" and some incense from a local occult store. I bought the type of incense that use a charcoal stone for placing resins on top while its burning. I might mention that I've never used this form of incense before, but was compelled to purchase them. With the charcoals I bought some myrrh and frankincense resins to burn with them. In the same area they also had small bags of saltpeter(I assume is nitre) and sulfur, I don't know why because they don't seem like they would make for pleasant smelling incense. Regardless I was drawn to buy both the saltpeter and sulfur, but could only afford to purchase the saltpeter at the time. The point I'm trying to make is that in one go I was led for some reason to purchase saltpeter(nitre?), charcoal, and sulfur(which I couldn't afford at the time). All of which were mentioned in your above experiments. A couple days after my visit to the occult store I had the above mentioned dream. How Wyrd indeed!!!

abdo
11-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Hi Abdo.
The first pic of salts resulted from a vitriol work of Glauber
where sodium sulfate is used as a dry menstruum with vegetable charcoal/carbon.
He called this path the Golden Carbuncle.
But it is similar to his "preparation of sweet oil of vitriol".

When the result of the fusion is placed in water, the water turns green and then red.
I think he describes a white phase too, but i didn't notice it in mine.

http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1003-Roger-Caro-s-Cinnabar-way/page8
reply # 74
By dissolving cinnabar, I got green water which afterward turned to clear water. Unfortunate I threw this water out and did not see whether it is going to yellow.

abdo
11-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Here is the tincture of sulphur in wine before you stir it:

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=46&u=12781761

Pretty cool. Some of the sulphur is precipitating out of solution.
This milk of sulphur is used as a medicine.

I am mixed up; the milk of sulfur precipitated by acid from alkali solution which sulfur is dissolved in. Could you describe the use of wine in this preparation?

horticult
11-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Anyway, sulphur is in accord with many sayings about the searched matter, and occurred to me strange idea that things could be reverse - Pb, Sn, Cu, Hg, Fe, /Ag/ are "dross" in "evolution" of S.

abdo
11-29-2010, 10:21 PM
Here are the salts which form in the green water.
They look like ice, are clear and melt like wax on a red plate
leaving behind a very white, buttery textured residue.

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=51&u=12781761

What is the green water you are referring to.

Here is the thick red oil from melting sulphur with nitre.
In this pic I added alcohol to it and you can see a little clear
waxy salt that is on the left. If I'm correct, this is Glauber's
universal mercury.

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=47&u=12781761

are using potassium nitrate or a treated nitrate (adding charcoal to melted nitrate) like what Gluber has done

Nibiru
11-30-2010, 06:38 AM
Hi Horticult! The dream I mentioned above was after several days contemplating the prime matter, the odd thing is that during my conscious meditations on the matter I never thought of or considered sulfur and was focusing more on black materials, such as galena, graphite, etc. I still don't know if my dream had any significance. It would be nice if answers came this easily, simply by sleeping on them!

horticult
11-30-2010, 05:20 PM
saturn-satan-lucipher-lightbearer
black could be psyops
imho u should grasp his neck and shout: talk!

jnjone4
11-30-2010, 06:32 PM
Newton's commentary on Snyder-nitre and sulfur:...http://www.columbia.edu/cu/lweb/digital/collections/cul/texts/ldpd_6309312_020/pages/ldpd_6309312_020_00000137.html?toggle=image&menu=maximize&top=200px&left=70px

solomon levi
12-02-2010, 12:00 AM
I am mixed up; the milk of sulfur precipitated by acid from alkali solution which sulfur is dissolved in. Could you describe the use of wine in this preparation?

Well, i used to always put drops of any elixir or extract into a glass of wine.
Wine is warm and expanding like Jupiter - so it's a nice vehicle for alchemical elixirs.
But now I prefer carbonated alcoholic beverages - the carbonation helps the delivery even more in my experience.

solomon levi
12-02-2010, 12:14 AM
What is the green water you are referring to.

After you fuse together sodium sulfate, carbon and sometimes different metals in the mix to make a carbuncle,
you can dissolve what will dissolve of the product in water and when the water sits it will turn green.

are using potassium nitrate or a treated nitrate (adding charcoal to melted nitrate) like what Gluber has done

I think it was sodium nitrate that I bought from the Clay Art Center; commercial sodium nitrate.

solomon levi
12-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Interesting dream Nibiru.
Sulfur can be made black as well.

Thanks for the link jnjone4. :)

abdo
12-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Well, i used to always put drops of any elixir or extract into a glass of wine.
Wine is warm and expanding like Jupiter - so it's a nice vehicle for alchemical elixirs.
But now I prefer carbonated alcoholic beverages - the carbonation helps the delivery even more in my experience.
I have the same interest in elixir like you and especially that has been made out off sulfur.
I have, in the past prepared the milk of sulfur and tried it with water of rose. If I do not do that, it makes problems in voice and Crag, but it is powerful that it drew phlegm from my brain to my nose and made thinks clear.

abdo
12-02-2010, 10:31 AM
After you fuse together sodium sulfate, carbon and sometimes different metals in the mix to make a carbuncle,
you can dissolve what will dissolve of the product in water and when the water sits it will turn green.

Dose it change to clear and yellow afterwards.
I always love Glauber works, and it is good to find someone ahead of me and tried his works.
Have you succeeded getting Carbuncle shining gold.

abdo
12-02-2010, 01:11 PM
After you fuse together sodium sulfate, carbon and sometimes different metals in the mix to make a carbuncle.
Glauber suffer from using the right crucible with sodium sulfate, what crucibles you have used. Would you give me more detail, because I am going to emulate his experiments with sodium sulfate?

solomon levi
12-04-2010, 04:01 AM
Dose it change to clear and yellow afterwards.
I always love Glauber works, and it is good to find someone ahead of me and tried his works.
Have you succeeded getting Carbuncle shining gold.

I think it's supposed to go green, then white, then red. I had two large jars.
One stayed green and one went from green to red. It may have gone through white and I missed it.??
I considered the carbuncle part a failure for me. I tried several times and never really got a nice one,
but maybe I imagined it would be more red crystalline than it actually is.

solomon levi
12-04-2010, 04:16 AM
Glauber suffer from using the right crucible with sodium sulfate, what crucibles you have used. Would you give me more detail, because I am going to emulate his experiments with sodium sulfate?

I just used small cheap stainless steel bowls i would find at thrift stores.
I've never had a really nice crucible.

I think the trick is in having a good fire and then using the right proportions, because as you add your
carbon the mix becomes thicker and harder to keep molten, so my experiments didn't fuse as long as i would have liked.
The carbon is probably reducing the sulfate to sulfide, so in a way this is like other sulfide works -
i.e. stibnite, cinnabar, marcasite, pyrite...
If the mix becomes alkaline enough, we are also dealing with liver of sulfur, which would be reddish colored.

Do you have access to Glauber's recipes on this, or are you asking for personal details?
I can post the recipes if you need them. :)

solomon

abdo
12-04-2010, 06:01 AM
Do you have access to Glauber's recipes on this, or are you asking for personal details?
I can post the recipes if you need them. :)
solomon
I donít know what you mean by saying ďare you asking for personal details?Ē
I have Glauber recipes (Rams collections) and I am intending to duplicate them. As I have said it is nice to see some one is a head of me that we can share the experience of doing Glauber works. I thank you for sharing this information.
Glauber has a lot of recipes, I also interesting of getting his fiery spirit of wine quintessence.
He used Glauber salt to pull the phlegm out off highly rectified wine spirit to get this spirit.
I like your work to of burning sulfur under dome and collecting its water. I have set a small design to do that and also to collect burning wine spirit that have the tinctures.

solomon levi
12-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Hi Abdo.
I was unsure when you asked me for more details - I had thought you had access to Glauber,
so I just wanted to make sure what kind of details you were asking for - personal as in from my own experience
of the work and not Glauber's recipes.
I don't have much more to add - if i think of something I'll let you know.
In "Compendium", many of these works are laid out:

Carbuncle -
http://books.google.com/books?id=nntKEQVzHP0C&printsec=frontcover&dq=compendium+of+alchemical+processes&source=bl&ots=mOWQgzLWZ-&sig=mxd8vlnUq4ZOT6sMKgmzgWy_dqw&hl=en&ei=MWn6TNnsEI-qsAPflZH3DQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CCQQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=sal%20mirabile&f=false

Sweet Oil of Vitriol -
http://books.google.com/books?id=nntKEQVzHP0C&printsec=frontcover&dq=compendium+of+alchemical+processes&source=bl&ots=mOWQgzLWZ-&sig=mxd8vlnUq4ZOT6sMKgmzgWy_dqw&hl=en&ei=MWn6TNnsEI-qsAPflZH3DQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CCQQ6AEwAQ#v=snippet&q=sweet%20oil%20of%20vitriol&f=false

The Fixation of Sulphur -
http://books.google.com/books?id=nntKEQVzHP0C&printsec=frontcover&dq=compendium+of+alchemical+processes&source=bl&ots=mOWQgzLWZ-&sig=mxd8vlnUq4ZOT6sMKgmzgWy_dqw&hl=en&ei=MWn6TNnsEI-qsAPflZH3DQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CCQQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=fix%20sulphur&f=false

Comparing these and considering other sulfide paths and the liver of sulphur, one can learn alot. :)

solomon levi
12-04-2010, 04:31 PM
I like your work to of burning sulfur under dome and collecting its water. I have set a small design to do that and also to collect burning wine spirit that have the tinctures.

This is a good medicine.
Making it with nitre like i did the last time is good too.
Where the sulfur alone is difficult to keep burning, with the nitre it is difficult to put out :D
So just add a little if you try that. In my experience it left a thick skin on the glass and then i could
soak this skin in water and then dilute that water to the proper acidity and consume it.
The skin can be re-soaked several times to extract more medicine.

abdo
12-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Hi Abdo.
I was unsure when you asked me for more details - I had thought you had access to Glauber,
so I just wanted to make sure what kind of details you were asking for - personal as in from my own experience of the work and not Glauber's recipes.

I have access to Glauber recipes and I am looking for your personal experiences with it.
In your opinion, what is the shortest way to prepare sulfur liver and then sulfur red oil.

solomon levi
12-05-2010, 08:18 PM
The shortest way?
The liver can be prepared quickly wet or dry.
Dry - combine equal parts (or some advise 2 alkali to 1 sulfur) alkali and sulfur and fuse outdoors (smells like rotten eggs).
Wet - combine the alkali and sulfur and add plenty of water and boil it down to blood red liver.

The sulfur thick red oil can be made quickly by combining a little sulfur and nitre and hitting it with a torch.
Angle your crucible or steel pot so that the oil runs out as you continue heating it.

Alcohol will extract a golden color from liver of sulfur, and then you can distill it off to get the oil.

solomon levi
12-05-2010, 08:26 PM
From Elements of Chemistry:
"In making the preparations, it is of little importance whether we boil
the base and sulfur together, or melt them together, and then dissolve them;
or whether we dissolve in hot water the residuum from the decomposition
of the sulfates, by ignition with charcoal; for in either case, by the decomposition
of water, we obtain a compound containing sulfuretted or bi-sulfuretted hydrogen..."

abdo
12-30-2010, 05:32 PM
The sulfur thick red oil can be made quickly by combining a little sulfur and nitre and hitting it with a torch.
Angle your crucible or steel pot so that the oil runs out as you continue heating it.

Alcohol will extract a golden color from liver of sulfur, and then you can distill it off to get the oil.
This is the best think I ever heard and it is fortunate to me that you have mentioned it.
Thank you very much and happy new year.

solomon levi
12-30-2010, 05:42 PM
You're welcome Abdo.
Happy New Year!

thrival
02-08-2013, 05:36 PM

Solomon:

When I combined sulfur & nitre on the stove I had a big conflagration! Does this happen using your method?
(I'm thinking to try a steel cookie-sheet sheet with a hole in one corner.) Have you tried digesting metals in those
solutions with positive results?

solomon levi
02-08-2013, 10:50 PM
hmmm. it's been a while. i think i would have sulfur in a steel bowl and put a little nitre on one side, the bottom when tilted, and torch the nitre and let it melt the sulfur keeping the angle of the bowl so that the red oil would fall out into another receiving dish and it would burn this way for a minute or so without violence. so i guess the trick is to use just a small amount of nitre and don't mix them prior, but allow the sulfur to mix itself with the nitre as it melts into it. that's what i recall. :)
i don't think i tried mixing the red oil with metals.

thrival
02-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Thank you! To be honest it still sounds dicey but I sure know what doesn't work! I'll give it a try!

amoodikh
02-10-2013, 09:35 AM
I think it's supposed to go green, then white, then red. I had two large jars.
One stayed green and one went from green to red. It may have gone through white and I missed it.??
I considered the carbuncle part a failure for me. I tried several times and never really got a nice one,
but maybe I imagined it would be more red crystalline than it actually is.

I had the same problem in getting the red carbuncle color. Mine was black. I powdered it and throw into the powder 1/4 gram of pure gold. After few days the gold disappeared!! I am going to try to get the tincture of this mass using concentrated vinegar.