PDA

View Full Version : Female Alchemists?

Awani
05-12-2009, 07:27 PM
It seems we have very few female alchemists here?

Are there none?

How can we attract more?

I really don't care much for gender, same same in my book... but a dominant male member group does tend to turn shit more male and I have always felt that alchemy is a male/female art!

:cool:

Cephal
05-13-2009, 12:48 AM
As in the Kyabalion, "Gender is in everything; everything has its Masculine and Feminine Principles; Gender manifests on planes."

So, I translate that in regards to this topic as understanding that even males who are filled with masculine traits, do have some feminine, and females have more feminine traits than masculine. Therefore - Working together we accomplish more than could be done alone. Humans are social creatures, and the role of gender often helps to balance the traits of one another.

I have found Hermetic philosophy to be very interesting thus far.

As from what I've noticed in my studies:

All things come well when a balance is in place. The mind of a male often think differently than that of a female- a balance between the two is often nice. Both are equal, yes. Yet both are different. Like yin and yang we have the male and the female. The two genders of humanity are symbols of procreation just as when chaos and order/light and dark energies come together in equal amounts pave the way for the ultimate goal of any alchemist or alchemist-to-be - enlightenment. Therefore, who is not to say that the sentiments of masculine and feminine thought processes can create better results when they come together?

Yes, I realize I repeated myself twice in that post, but I am eccentric like that. lol.

I agree with you anyhow.

Aleilius
05-13-2009, 02:12 AM
Alchemy has always been a predominately male art. I don't know why males are attracted to this art more so than females.

Why does it matter? So what if our forum is almost 100% composed of males? I don't believe a 50/50 male to female ratio would change anything. Knowledge and understanding surpasses all sexual boundaries. It is universal. From what I've seen, most posts on this board tend to lack any gender watermarks, but this is merely my opinion. Your mileage may vary!

BTW: I like your post Kiev!

horticult
05-13-2009, 10:50 AM
Well, how many female music composers do you like/know? ;)

Awani
05-13-2009, 03:46 PM
I think a feminine look at things does change perspective, and this can be interesting. Of course it doesn't have to be a woman that gives this feminine perspective, but they tend to have it more than males. Anyway this is not a gender issue, as much as a culture one.

Occult females seem drawn towards Wicca and males towards Alchemy.

:confused:

Joy
08-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Well, I had at times problems with other ladies in the magic field, most of them are
indeed on the road of wicca, and they were trying to tell me, that higher magic is a
mans domain, which is not true.

First I studied after a male magican and now my practice is in real, real good works from a
female magican.

What I noticed, women are better in astral works ( sure I could be wrong)

My personal opinnion, to come forward in the Alchemy I need the other both parts
of hermetic .... magic and astrosophie