PDA

View Full Version : The Birth of the Constellations

Awani
05-13-2009, 09:53 PM
About 35 000 years ago humanity began to cover the walls and ceilings of caves with images that acts like the fingerprints of our earliest ancestors, humans that differ minutely from ourselves. The meaning of these cave paintings has been argued over for a very long time and it wasn’t until the paleoanthropologist David Lewis-Williams put forth his neuropsychological model of cave art that things began to make sense. In my book at least!

According to him the cave and rock art are portrayals of hallucinations that occurred during the intake of certain hallucinogens, such as mescaline or psilocybin mushrooms by the ancient shamans. In short they are a representation of an altered state of consciousness.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/T285286A.jpg

In Graham Hancock’s book Supernatural he give one of many examples of how these ancient artists not only painted on the walls of caves, but also how they incorporated the surface of the wall into their art:

“A kilometre inside the cave of Niaux, in a place of total darkness, an irregular shaped hole in the rock is coincidentally suggestive of the head of a deer viewed from the front. Around 15 000 years ago someone with a lamp came here, saw the potential of the similarity, and painted a set of black antlers to complete the head… they [the ancient artists] did not treat the rock face as a blank canvas but rather as a dynamic part of their paintings and perhaps even the factor that determined whether a painting was to be made at all.”

What is interesting about this is that this is exactly how the constellations came into being. It was simply human beings looking up into the sky and seeing patterns, and using their creativity accordingly.

If mescaline can create art on a wall, then why can't it create art in the sky?

:cool:

Awani
12-05-2009, 04:15 PM
What is interesting is the notion that the things seen during trance is in fact not imagined but real... as if DMT, and such substances, act as a tuner moving us into dimensions otherwise unseen. There are of course two camps on this issue...

In typical manner science throws these ideas out the window, but nothing should be ignored before tested and researched thoroughly. If we don't then we might as well still believe the world to be flat.

Related writings: Rick Strassman's DMT: The Spirit Molecule (could not find a free copy, so I guess you have to buy it)

solomon levi
12-05-2009, 05:03 PM
What is interesting is the notion that the things seen during trance is in fact not imagined but real... as if DMT, and such substances, act as a tuner moving us into dimensions otherwise unseen.

Related writings: Rick Strassman's DMT: The Spirit Molecule (could not find a free copy, so I guess you have to buy it)

Another great book along these same lines is "The Cosmic Serpent" by
Jeremy Narby where shamans and sorcerers and Australian aborigines...
people around the world under the influence of Ayahuasca, or other
psychadelics or "Dreamtime" have recorded these same images of serpents
and helixes and horseshoes which are actually images of our dna and chromosomes,
as though the experience is introducing us to ourselves on a genetic level -
that we ae our genes and genes are communicating with the rest of the universe
through genes...

I just saw a free copy/download/fileshare of DMT somewhere like on rapidshare...

Awani
12-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Another great book along these same lines is "The Cosmic Serpent" by Jeremy Narby

Yeah I´ve read that... it gives a good insight into the subject matter.