PDA

View Full Version : Vampires and Alchemy

solomon levi
06-03-2009, 12:30 AM
I think there was a thread on this before, but not sure where.

Vampires are supposed to be immortal, drink a red elixir (blood),
possess supernatural powers/influence, be solar-phobic (like
m-states)....

One thing I wonder if could be possible...
You know the multiplying power of the stone...
If someone ingested it, there could be plenty of excess stone still
flowing through their blood, just as if you transmuted some lead into
gold and the whole thing turned, it probably could have handled
even more lead...
Well, maybe that's why someone else can, theoretically, become a
vampire by drinking the blood of a vampire - there could be
enough excess in their system to "tinge" another human's blood
and genetics into immortal genes.

Did you see the trailer for New Moon yet?
I'm a "sucker" for vampire movies!!

ps - I posted this here cuz I thought it might be psychological??
If administrators wish to move it, no problem.

Salazius
06-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Hi Solomon,

Fulcanelli speak about Striges, or vampires, that are a menstrum that suck the life force, or sulfur principle of the matter.

solomon levi
06-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Hi Salazius.
Interesting. I hadn't heard of that. Sounds like alkalis.

I thought of another characteristic - vampires are sometimes
said to not cast a reflection in a mirror.

That could mean a couple things, but what I'm thinking of is
something Carlos Castaneda called "breaking the mirror of self-
reflection". To me it has to do with non-dualism, Ouroboros,
not being two, but one.

Oh yeah, also the so-called Jesus, the Christ also asked his disciples
to eat of his flesh and drink his blood. I don't doubt that he, if he was,
knew some things about alchemy. In fact, to me, the idea of a Christ,
or Christ consciousness, is like the flask with the stone that has been
multiplied quite a bit and is able to effect things, others, by proximity
alone - like it starts to pass through the flask, the body, because of the
greatness of vibration/consciousness. I've noticed some effects from
carrying m-states and elixirs on my person. They definitely influence us
whether we ingest them or not.

Aleilius
06-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Hi Solomon Levi, yes we do have a previous thread about vampires, but I see no problem starting another one. I also moved your thread to a more appropriate section. I feel it's better suited in this section, but I'm a fickle one.

I too enjoy vampire stories! I've had a real fascination with them even from a young age. I've looked into the aspects of alchemy and vampires a while back, and I'm convinced it's all related to alchemy. Bram Stoker really hit a home run with his Dracula. It's heavily veiled in alchemical symbolism.

Oh yeah, also the so-called Jesus, the Christ also asked his disciples to eat of his flesh and drink his blood. I don't doubt that he, if he was, knew some things about alchemy.
Bread and wine! These have different meanings depending on the philosopher. However, I believe one way to represent this mystery is by relating bread to our Philosophical Earth, and wine to the blood of Christ. These are united, and our Philosophic Earth is baptized/anointed/purified with our true sang réal. Bread might also represent a certain substance used in the process, and not our hermaphrodite. Keep in mind, khristos means an anointing, or anointed one. An anointing of what? Also take a look at κρύσταλλος / krustallos (Latin: crystallus, English: crystals)!

Salazius
06-04-2009, 09:03 AM
Keep in mind, khristos means an anointing, or anointed one. An anointing of what? Also take a look at κρύσταλλος / krustallos (Latin: crystallus, English: crystals)!

Anointing of oil, or Sulfur, so, the Red Stone. Anointment is the red phase, and Baptism is the white one.
Crystal/Christ Al, is something that can let go the Light throughout it/him without resistance or opacity.
A crystal is also a stone ...

Awani
06-04-2009, 12:01 PM
I think there was a thread on this before, but not sure where.

Just do a search! :p

Historical Relation Between Vampires & Alchemy (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?t=58)

:cool:

solomon levi
06-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Thanks Deviadah.

On anointing, using the olive oil - dead sea salt to anoint the body gives broadened perspective on this and it's relation to alchemy.

Serpents also have fangs... Dracul, dragon, serpent...

Play_Dough
06-05-2009, 02:22 AM
edited...

I too enjoy vampire stories! I've had a real fascination with them even from a young age. I've looked into the aspects of alchemy and vampires a while back, and I'm convinced it's all related to alchemy. Bram Stoker really hit a home run with his Dracula. It's heavily veiled in alchemical symbolism.

Bread and wine! These have different meanings depending on the philosopher. However, I believe one way to represent this mystery is by relating bread to our Philosophical Earth, and wine to the blood of Christ. These are united, and our Philosophic Earth is baptized/anointed/purified with our true sang réal. Bread might also represent a certain substance used in the process, and not our hermaphrodite. Keep in mind, khristos means an anointing, or anointed one. An anointing of what? Also take a look at κρύσταλλος / krustallos (Latin: crystallus, English: crystals)!

Hey Buddy, howzit!
Here is how I have connected the dots.....

Once upon a time, there existed (and still does) an elegant spiritual (non-physical) entity. The entity had an 'eternal shelf-life' and could 'summon' (by wishing) any circumstance and/or experience into existence. After any such summoning the entity would then 'enter' into the summoned context, assume the characteristics of the 'context', and temporarily forget it's true heritage, as a Master of The Universe.

Over time, the entity developed the habit of continued reincarnation into circumstances and experiences that had, unconsciously, become 'addictions'.
As a result of this activity, the entity gradually sank into 'delusion' and utterly forgot it's true nature. The entity became a 'sense junkie' (sensory based pleasure) and the intoxicating powers of the senses gradually seduced the entity into believing that 'sense based physicality' was all that there was to being alive, and that 'life' was not eternal but a temporal adventure ending in death.

The entity morphed from 'eternal spiritual entity' with godlike powers into a sense-based animal that needed blood to live (like any mammal). It was unaware that it's existence was eternal and it had forgotten (atrophy) about it's inherent powers.

It's continual (albeit unrealized) reincarnations eventually placed it into an entire civilization of entities who shared a similar fate.
Together they created that civilization, made laws, invented commerce, and, as a result, real-estate speculators came into existence and they purchased property which could be re-sold (at a profit) for use as graveyards.

As the down-turn (deeper delusion) continued, over time, the civilization came to be predominated by predators. The predators' goal was to 'get' other peoples' stuff and to enhance their social standing by having allot of 'stuff'.

Eventually, the civilization became driven to purchase, steal, borrow or to otherwise, 'somehow' get hold of as much 'stuff' as possible. They became emotionally and physically ruthless and, unaware, they had become a civilization of 'vampires'.
No one was left who was able to 'see' his or her reflection in the 'mirror of reality'.

They were 'totally in the dark' regarding their true natures (eternal creative spirits) and anything which may have reminded them of 'spirit' or 'God' was ridiculed, mocked and scorned; except if it presented an opportunity to turn a profit.

Compared with their 'original condition' they had all become, as 'stones' on death row.

One day, a Sunday, a person practicing mating rituals experienced multiple orgasms and, as a result, temporarily 'transcended' and had the experience of being something other than what she thought that she was (a civilized vamp).

After continued experimentation, the Vamp began preaching the philosophy of 'transcendence'. Thusly...........
"Your 5 senses are the metaphorical 'nails' that keep you deluded and crucified, on the material plane and upon the eternal wheel of death and rebirth as vampires. Your true nature is as a spiritual entity who lives eternally and who possesses great godlike powers".

The masses ran from her and called her 'crazy'.

The Vamp, continued..... she held up a loaf of bread (rye, side order of pickles) and a bottle of wine (Elderberry Bloodwine) and said, "Listen!!! I am the spirit speaking to you..... this bread and wine represent your physical body and blood and they must be consumed (metaphorically) by you in order to dissolve your tethers to this sense-based madness. You must allow your spirits to regain control of your consciousness and wean yourselves from your dysfunctional addictions and drives and biological imperatives."

Some of the business people who heard her words put those words into a book and it became the 'best-seller', of all time, for books of fiction.

As The Vamp succeeded in her 'last supper' (consumption of animal-based self) she gradually regained one of her 'original powers' which was the ability to 'come and go' from physical form..... she called the process "dissolve and coagulate" and, as such, she became the mother of a new science that was called 'Alchemy'.
Her name is 'Aurora'.

No longer tethered to 'a stone' she, once again, experienced the utter bliss of her true nature as an elegant spiritual entity with godlike powers.

She said, before she left, "As Above, So Below" !!!! "The tombstone with your name on it' is the physical body and it's attendant ego.
Consume the stone and find your release into the realm of pure golden light".

solomon levi
06-05-2009, 08:44 PM
I know some of those dots.
Very nicely joined. Has a Gnostic flavor to my tongue.
Thanks Play Dough.

Andro
06-26-2010, 05:54 PM
I find the following intriguing:

Sunlight is deadly to vampires, but moonlight does not affect them.

On the other hand, gold (metal of the sun) is harmless to vampires, but silver (metal of the moon) can be very destructive to them (silver bullets, etc...)

Hmmmm.........

Alfred Raeburne
12-30-2010, 02:24 AM
From what I understand Dracula went to the top of a mountain to learn Alchemy from The Devil. The powers the Dracula accumulated was actually from Alchemy, not his vampiric state as many people would believe.

Aleilius
12-30-2010, 03:01 AM
From what I understand Dracula went to the top of a mountain to learn Alchemy from The Devil. The powers the Dracula accumulated was actually from Alchemy, not his vampiric state as many people would believe.

Ah, really? That's pretty wild! I actually haven't read Bram Stoker's Dracula. Is this mentioned in there? That's really crazy if so! I love the symbolism.

Aleilius
12-30-2010, 03:04 AM
On the other hand, gold (metal of the sun) is harmless to vampires, but silver (metal of the moon) can be very destructive to them (silver bullets, etc...)
Yeah, good thing you brought that up! Silver salts are also sensitive to sunlight, but gold salts are much less so (almost to the point of not being degraded, but some degradation does occur due to UV radiation).

Andro
12-30-2010, 05:44 AM
Silver is the metal of the Moon, of the Void - but also "Our Luna" - The Universal (sulfurless) White Mercury.

I can theorize that, allegorically speaking, vampires are killed by Silver because it re-incrudates them into Universality (Albedo).

I can also further theorize that vampires are destroyed by sunlight because their bodies are no longer vibrationally compatible with the light of the VISIBLE Sun of the physical plane.

This is well reflected in the TV series 'True Blood', where drinking the blood of Fairies (Nature Spirit incarnations) helps vampires to withstand visible sunlight to some extent.

Aleilius
12-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Silver is the metal of the Moon, of the Void - but also "Our Luna" - The Universal (sulfurless) White Mercury.
Oh yeah? Silver is not sulphurless, or else there wouldn't be such a thing as the white Stone that tinges all base metals to silver.

theFool
12-30-2010, 09:33 AM
Oh yeah? Silver is not sulphurless, or else there wouldn't be such a thing as the white Stone that tinges all base metals to silver. I think he means "undetermined"

Aleilius
12-30-2010, 09:37 AM
I think he means "undetermined"

Unfortunately, that's not what he stated.

Silver's sulphur is not undetermined. Silver's sulphur is determined to silver. Silver's sulphur is white, not red, and it MUST have one.

Andro
12-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Silver metal definitely has Sulfur, as have all specified things.

Silver is the metal of the moon, but the word 'Luna' (Moon) is ALSO often used in reference to undetermined Mercury.

I meant it (Luna) as The White Death (Death of Self and Re-Incrudation into Universality).

Sorry for the misunderstanding...

And I certainly welcome other interpretations as to why vampires are killed with silver bullets...

solomon levi
12-31-2010, 01:23 AM

Oh, the things that happen on top of mountains! :D
http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1905-Moses&p=12278#post12278

theFool
12-31-2010, 08:04 AM
And I certainly welcome other interpretations as to why vampires are killed with silver bullets...
Hm, silver has the ability to kill pathogens and parasites leaving the healthy tissue alive.

Seth-Ra
12-31-2010, 08:14 AM

Depends on what story ya read - not all vampires die by silver - but all Lycans do. Perhaps a connection could be made to the darker/lesser animal side being "killed"/"calcined" into a purer, proper form - no longer feeding off of others, or living as an ignorant beast who spreads its curse and ignorance through brute force. (i mean all of this in multiple ways and meanings - im sure you'll get most of them. :) )

Just a thought.

~Seth-Ra

Alfred Raeburne
12-31-2010, 09:32 PM
I wanted to add that the Modern Vampire Path is a kind of Western "Black Alchemy" and strongly resembles Aghora, the Yoga of Death.

In this Black Alchemist Path, the Psyche (=Sulfur) is separated from the Body (=Salt) through an initiatory death. On this level, we see how this reflects the process by which Lestat turns Louis into a Vampire as well as how Dracula turns Mina into a Vampire.

When a person dies their Psyche is seperated from the body. However in the case of the Vampire, the Seperation occurs without the death of the physical body. Thus the Psyche re-unites with the Body which in turn follows the Murcureal principle of fluxuation between Psyche (Sulfur) and Physis (Salt).

The alchemical act of Seperation also creates a rift between the Vampire and his prior human state and thus all of common humanity. He literally becomes something other than human.

When this act of Seperation occurs the Vampire gains a glimpse into the Death-Realms which is the source of his daemonic knowledge. The act of Becoming a Vampire describes a beginning, not an end. As I pointed out before, Dracula did not gain his powers from becoming a Vampire, rather the transformation itself was a Gateway to further development.

The word Dracula itself comes from the word Dragon which in Old Greek means "The Eye of Fear". In Bram Stoker's work it was said that Dracula had the ability to mesmerize / paralyze with his gaze "as if he were a Basilisk". Understanding the linguistics of the word Dragon is highly important in alchemy because in one of the alchemical pictures there is a Knight fighting the Dragon. What this represents is pushing through the walls of Fear which interfere with Initiation and Transformation. Also, the Knight drinks the blood / eats the heart of the Dragon as a way to gain its powers, thus becoming Dragon-like himself...a force that is awe-some and terrifying.

Van Helsing represents a different side of alchemy, that of fighting malefic forces and healing. Notice the hidden alchemical significance behind his four tools: The stake (fire), knife (air), holy water (water), and garlic flowers (earth). Notice how he fights Dracula (The Dragon) and liberates Mina (which is anima spelled backwards which is the contrasexual self / soul embodied) from his clutches much in the same way that the Knight overcomes the Dragon. Van Helsing was also an Alchemist and was skilled in the art of spagyrics as he was a Doctor.

This shows the two sides of Alchemy, the black side which leads to sorcerous powers and unnatural immortality as well as the bright side which is used for overcoming malefic forces as well as powers of healing and restoration. This, in my view shows the two sides of the Alchemist, the Murcureal fluxuation between Light (Van Helsing) and Darkness (Dracula).

Warm Regards,
Alfred Raeburne

Awani
01-01-2011, 03:16 AM
Van Helsing was also an Alchemist and was skilled in the art of spagyrics as he was a Doctor.

I almost see Dracula as even more of an Alchemist, his father was after all initiated in the Order of the Dragon (or something like that), by the Holy Roman Emperor... these cats in those days might have been burning witches in public but they were burning substances in private. Anyway I am talking about Vlad Tepes, Prince Vlad III... the person who held the name that inspired Stoker.

Related thread: Historical Relation Between Vampires & Alchemy (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?58-Historical-Relation-Between-Vampires-Alchemy)

:cool:

Salazius
01-01-2011, 11:10 AM
And what about Gilles de Rais or Elizabeth Bathory ?

True Initiate
01-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Our dear friend Philip Laurent De Coster has written wonderfull book about vampires accompanied with the instructions how you can suck the energy from a crowd of people (sheeple).
http://www.scribd.com/doc/44665150/Lilith-Goddess-and-Queen-of-the-Demons-Study-on-Lilith-and-Psychic-Vampirism

Aleilius
01-02-2011, 03:32 AM
Our dear friend Philip Laurent De Coster has written wonderfull book about vampires accompanied with the instructions how you can suck the energy from a crowd of people (sheeple).
http://www.scribd.com/doc/44665150/Lilith-Goddess-and-Queen-of-the-Demons-Study-on-Lilith-and-Psychic-Vampirism

Yes, this is called psychic vampirism. Please refer to this post: http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1932-Distill-your-taxes&p=12460#post12460

Seth-Ra
01-02-2011, 03:46 AM
I once done some psi-vamp (short for psychic vampire ;) ) activities. There is a line drawn between a psi-vamp, and someone who just feeds off of others. Those that use psychic type energy manipulations are typically called psionics, or psions, we would probably call them energy workers, or theurgists also - mental adaption, direction, pushing and pulling of energy. A psi-vamp pulls, but not for the same reason as a psion - a psi-vamp NEEDS to feed. Think of them as a bucket with a hole in the bottom - and the life-energy as the water. Most people have no such "need", but pull and push, typical psion fashion. Those who have the need, due so because they are essentially "broke"/"unbalanced"/"busted". When i had the need to do such, it was due to a chakra, or perhaps the overall flow of my energies, being busted at the time. I needed excess in order to patch my own until i became aware of my inbalance and was able to pull the excess and direct it to healing and fixing the condition - returning the subtle body to where it needed to be. (and since i had no knowledge of such things until the inbalance happened - i came out on the other side of the experience with energy working knowledge/understanding. A bit of alchemy for me. )

There are also dos and donts in the vamp communities - you dont feed off animals, you dont abusively feed off of others - as has been mentioned, you spread it out - large groups are nice. One could chock it up to karma and such, so its more of a guideline than a rule - but for good reason.

I suppose my point is that, it isnt enough to just play with these energies, pulling and using etc... but understand your own energies, and pull and push properly, with respect and wisdom, both for yourself and others. :)

Know thy self, know the Art - with Light, do your part. ;)

~Seth-Ra