PDA

View Full Version : An alternative to "female alchemists" thread

solomon levi
06-04-2009, 10:03 PM
I miss the females too.
But as an alchemical or astrological alternative for balancing male-female energies, we could use astrological signs/signatures, not in any limiting or labelling way, but as a general signature perhaps.
It's just an idea which I've participated in in the past at a Castaneda forum in creating a makeshift warrior party, and it worked pretty well for some things.
Basically, we need to find the four directions/elements or sides of the pyramid and our union will initiate the pinnacle, the quintessence.
In the Castaneda forum, we were also divided into stalkers and dreamers, but this is really more male-female, yin-yang energies again. For example, stalkers tend to be more step-by-step, whereas dreamers are broad-visioned and leap into things....

Anyway, if we want to try something with energies, we can begin by comparing our birth signs, if you're comfortable with that. Again, this is not to label anyone. This may just reveal our base note/tone and not the entire symphony that we are individually.

I was born under cancer - a cardinal sign (sulphur), feminine, water, ruled by the moon.
(Have you noticed that cardinal, mutable and fixed are synonymous with sulphur, mercury and salt?)

Anyway, this isn't a science (yet), but you may be able to notice the relations between different signs and elements, those you "butt heads" with and those you feel compatable to... realisation can only come through participation/action. :)

Seth-Ra
06-04-2009, 10:37 PM
sounds interesting, ill "play". lol

I was born on a Wed. (Mercury Chart: Mercury) at 12:30 (Sulphur chart: Moon | Salt Chart: Venus) on May 28th: Gemini = Mercury.

And ya know... looking at that... im not sure how im a guy (lol) but i guess it does explain my pretty hair and frail-girlish figure. ( rofl :D )
But carrying a sword tends to add my Masculine quality back, and i do fit the Double-sided Gemini trait nicely. (kills with sword, heals with alchemy, looks "pretty", acts deadly/"manly"...etc...et.)

Im balanced perhaps? XD *crosses fingers* :)

Aleilius
06-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Cool thread, I'll participate with what I can.

I was born under Aries with a conjunction of Jupiter, the Sun, and the Moon on March, 29th (a Sunday). I'm very restless, and my energy signature is very fiery.

Awani
06-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Born on a Saturday. A gemini, with mercury heavily present.

So I am pretty masculine and feminine at the same time...

:D

solomon levi
06-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Cool.
Any earth signs out there? We're missing the most "practical" element.
What will we do? Heehee!

I'm really not sure where this will lead as it pertains to alchemy.
Maybe we'll find that the air signs have some great ideas, the water signs have some feelings or intuitive insights into those ideas, the fire signs have the passion and drive to initiate them and the earth signs have the practical means to accomplish them...???
Just a very general sketch of what one might expect. Again, don't feel limited or that you can't cross any lines. Maybe you'll feel you've evolved beyond your sign... maybe your gift is different - learned rather than innate...???

If you have any ideas of how to use this, feel free!

Play_Dough
06-06-2009, 09:59 PM
O.K., I'll play too!

Aquarius (30th degree) Sun Sign, with every planet plus the Sun and Moon (Gemini) in 'masculine signs' and nothing in an 'earth sign'.

I was like one of those 'talking-heads in a bubble' like in some vintage sci-fi movies! :-)

From an astrological perspective, at birth, it seems that I was way 'out of balance'..... very 'yang' with no 'yin' and no apparent 'emotional body'. Although the counter argument (alchemical) is that I had previous success (?) in 'extracting' my consciousness from form (exclusive identification with matter) and that this lifetime is one of (hopefully) completion of The Great Work.

I know (intuitions) that I have enjoyed 'past lives' as an alchemist, and in this lifetime, so far, the focus has been placed upon attaining a more pleasing 'condition of balance' (a Synthesis) between 'spirit (Solar/mind/masculine/creativity) and matter (Lunar/body/feminine/circumstances)'.

What a trip.... "I" have used the word "I" at least 6 times, in this short post, while 'taking' about 'MMMMMMMM- I - self'.

Anyhow, I (there "I" go again!) think that I (he-he) am doing well (alchemical success), primarily because of my association with alchemists like those of you who are on this incredible forum.

"I" 'beamed-in' (birth) riding on an ass and intend to 'fly out' on the Wings of a Phoenix.

I tap-dance, play the accordion, like marching bands, save coupons, recycle, baton twirling (although less than ever), and hope to find a cure for death. :-)
I attended 'Get Your Diploma for $10.00 by e-mail' University, and majored in parallel parking.
I plan on returning to The United States as soon as the 'Statute of Limitations' expires.
I can sing the first measure of any opera (soap or otherwise) that begins with "Me, Me, Me, Me, Me"! (i.e., I played the lead in "The Opera Narcissus" for way too many performances).
I am also a 'time traveller' because my hobby is going back to my early posts and editing them (days and weeks and even months later) so I don't (incorrectly) seem like a doofus. http://forum.alchemyforums.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

I am saving up ($25.00) to get my Ph.D (same University) in 'Rear View Mirrors' which I always thought were there only for checking to see if my hair still looked O.K. http://forum.alchemyforums.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Here is a picture of my family .... http://www.imageuploads.net/ims/pic.php?u=32803xZHKX&i=170296

Seth-Ra
06-07-2009, 08:05 AM
*notices where his emblem is*

Are you saying im stuck to mom's hip? :mad:

lol just kidding. (does try to listen to that Lunar (feminine) voice of subconscious/spirit) :D

nice pic Play_Dough. ;)

solomon levi
06-07-2009, 08:41 AM
ROFL!
Thanks for the laugh, Play Dough.
God, that was funny!

Can't you give me a widow's peak?

Awani
06-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Yeah nice image!

:D