PDA

View Full Version : a method for oil of gold

solomon levi
06-06-2009, 08:35 PM
This is from Digby:

Monsieur Belieur cured the gangrene, and all old ulcers, canckers, pocky sores and cancers, etc, with the Oil of Gold made thus:

Take spirit of salt 2 parts, spirit of saltpetre 1 part;
in this dissolve as much gold as it will dissolve.
Distill off very gently the liquor in BM til the gold remain
in a crystalline gum or salt (sounds familiar?)
then let it resolve to liquor in the air of itself,
then distill again and resolve; repeat this until it congeals no more
but remains a deep high-colored liquor.

Dip a straw in this oil and touch all around the borders of the sore with it.
With this he cured a very malignant ulcer in a leg (that had been there
above three years) in the space of ten days;
and also a cancer in a woman's cheek in fifteen days space that other
Chirurgeons (without hope of cure) had given over.
With this he cured also a woman that had 17 cankers in her private parts
that had been so for some years without hope of cure in 15 days.

That's the method. I don't know if they used it internally as well, but I wouldn't hesitate to try a drop or two in some wine.

It's like they were practicing the Hudson/Essene boil down method even back then (1675) though this is slightly different -
they're not adding more acid, just letting it attract moisture from the air.

solomon levi
06-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Here's another, from Agricola:

Take Hungarian gold, well purified through antimony, have it laminated very thinly, then dissolve it in a right oil of the Sun (I think this refers to the HCl and charcoal method). When it is dissolved, distill the oil of the salt strongly off it, and a fine gold calx will be left at the bottom of the glass. Take it out, put it in a small retort, pour enough cinnamon oil on it to turn it into a pap. The gold will soon begin to effervesce and become black. Pour on it a good alcoholized (alcolizate?) spirit of wine, standing 2 fingers' breadth above the materia. It will soon extract a tincture from the gold. Pour the spirit off and pour fresh spirit on it, and continue doing this till no more tincture shows.

Remove the Death's Head, wash it with warm water and weigh it. Now pour again the right quantity of spirit of salt on it, and let it dissolve again. Distill the spirit off quite dry, pour oil of cinnamon over it, and when it effervesces, add the spirit of wine and extract its tincture. Repeat this work till the gold is completely dissolved and not the least bit of insolved matter is left of the Body. Now pour some clear purged spirit of wine on it, distill it to oil, and you will have a wonderful medicine or potable gold. To tell the truth, if among the common dissolutions one pleases me more than another, it is precisely this one, because it operates extremely well.

Salazius
06-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Here is potable gold.

solomon levi
06-09-2009, 09:14 PM
How does it feel when ingested?
Have you taken any?
What results?

Salazius
06-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Hi,

Yes I took some for four days now, I made some dreams about purification (with wild animals), just after ingestion I have some rise in consciousness.

And it taste well, not metallic at all.

solomon levi
06-11-2009, 05:19 AM
Nice!

Here's a pic of some m-state that I fused with tartar. It has a slight
greenish hue.

http://i88.servimg.com/u/f88/12/78/17/61/th/v_is_f12.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=77&u=12781761)

On a whim, I thought I'd see if I can't get the supposedly m-state gold
to give a tincture to some alcohol I put on the above after powdering.
I'll let you know. I'm going to heat it for a while.

solomon levi
06-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Nice!

Here's a pic of some m-state that I fused with tartar. It has a slight
greenish hue.

http://i88.servimg.com/u/f88/12/78/17/61/th/v_is_f12.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=77&u=12781761)

On a whim, I thought I'd see if I can't get the supposedly m-state gold
to give a tincture to some alcohol I put on the above after powdering.
I'll let you know. I'm going to heat it for a while.

Doesn't look like this is going anywhere. I'll try some other processes.
I'd really like to acquire a tincture from gold calx. I have a couple
other recipes I'm experimenting with.

Aleilius
06-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Take Hungarian gold, well purified through antimony, have it laminated very thinly, then dissolve it in a right oil of the Sun (I think this refers to the HCl and charcoal method).
I believe this refers to an oil of Sulphur.

solomon levi
06-20-2009, 09:41 AM
It's odd - I have two different processes I've found that claim to be
Dr. Anthony's potabile gold. The first is from an original source, the second
from John French. Maybe Dr. Anthony did both or found the second to be easier...?

This one is the original:
http://books.google.com/books?id=isJY9jWdru0C&pg=PA170&lpg=PA170&dq=Dr.+Anthony's+potabile+gold&source=bl&ots=VJHkNoZ6Cf&sig=6UysqOEIH3bgnsJSklqNvtCm7V0&hl=en&ei=G6U8SrmFLozYtgO_rOX4Cg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1

And here is my general transcription from French's "Art of Distillation":

DR. ANTHONY'S FAMOUS AURUM POTABILE AND OIL OF GOLD
Dissolve pure fine gold in aqua regis according to art (the aqua regis being made of a pound of aqua fortis and four ounces of salt
armoniac distilled together by retort in sand) which clear solution put into a large glass of a wide neck and upon it pour drop by drop oil
of tartar made per deliquium, until the aqua aegis which before was yellow becomes clear and white, for that is a sign that all calx of gold
is settled to the bottom. Then let it stand all night, and in the morning pour off the clear liquor, and wash the calx four or five times with
common spring water, being warmed, and dry it with a most gentle heat.
Note, and that well, that if the heat be too great, the calx takes fire presently like gun powder and flies away to your danger and loss.
Therefore, it is best to dry it in the sun, or on a stone, stirring it diligently with a wooden spatule. To this calx add half a part of the powder
of sulphur. Mix them together, and in an open crucible let the sulphur burn away in the fire, putting a gentle fire to it at the first, and in the
end a most strong fire for the space of an hour so that the calx may in some manner be reverberated and become most subtle,
which keep in a vial close stopped for your use.
Then make a spirit of urine after this manner. Take the urine of a healthy man drinking wine moderately. Put it into a gourd which you
must stop close, and set in horse dung for the space of forty days. Then distill it by alembic in sand into a large receiver until all the
humidity be distilled off. Rectify this spirit by cohobation three times so that the spirit only may rise. Then distill it in sand by a glass with a
long neck having a large receiver annexed and closed very well to it, and the spirit will be elevated into the top of the vessel like crystal
without any aqueous humidity accompanying of it. Let this distillation be continued until all the spirits be risen. These crystals must be
dissolved in distilled rain water and be distilled as before. This must be done six times and every time you must take fresh rain water distilled.
Then put these crystals into a glass bolt head, close hermetically, and set in the moderate heat of a balneum for the space of fifteen days
so that they may be reduced into a most clear liquor. To this liquor add an equal weight of spirit of wine, very well rectified, and let them be
digested in balneum the space of twelve days, in which time they will be united.
Then take the calx of gold above said, and pour upon it of these united spirits as much as will cover them three fingers breadth.
Digest them in a gentle heat until the liquor be tinged as red as blood. Decant off the tincture and put on more of the aforesaid spirits
and do as before until all the tincture be extracted. Then put all the tincted spirits together and digest them ten or twelve days,
after which time abstract the spirit with a gentle heat and cohobate it once. And then the calx will remain in the bottom like an oil as red as
blood and of a pleasant odor, and which will be dissolved in any liquor. Wherefore this oil may be the succedaneum of true gold.
If you distill the same solution by retort in sand there will come over after the first part of the menstruum the tincture with the other part
thereof, as red as blood, the earth which is left in the bottom of the vessel being black, dry, spongy, and light. The menstruum must be
vapored away and the oil of gold will remain by itself, which must be kept as a great treasure. And this is Dr. Anthony's Aurum Potabile.
Four or eight grains of this oil taken in what manner soever wonderfully refreshes the spirits, and works several ways, especially by sweat.

Aleilius
06-20-2009, 09:54 AM
Dissolve pure fine gold in aqua regis according to art (the aqua regis being made of a pound of aqua fortis and four ounces of salt armoniac distilled together by retort in sand) which clear solution put into a large glass of a wide neck and upon it pour drop by drop oil of tartar made per deliquium, until the aqua aegis which before was yellow becomes clear and white, for that is a sign that all calx of gold is settled to the bottom. Then let it stand all night, and in the morning pour off the clear liquor, and wash the calx four or five times with common spring water, being warmed, and dry it with a most gentle heat.

Note, and that well, that if the heat be too great, the calx takes fire presently like gun powder and flies away to your danger and loss. Therefore, it is best to dry it in the sun, or on a stone, stirring it diligently with a wooden spatule.
Hehe, sounds dangerous. You do know why he says it fires off like gun powder right? A portion of your precipitate is gold fulminate. ;)

Then make a spirit of urine after this manner. Take the urine of a healthy man drinking wine moderately. Put it into a gourd which you must stop close, and set in horse dung for the space of forty days. Then distill it by alembic in sand into a large receiver until all the humidity be distilled off. Rectify this spirit by cohobation three times so that the spirit only may rise. Then distill it in sand by a glass with a long neck having a large receiver annexed and closed very well to it, and the spirit will be elevated into the top of the vessel like crystal without any aqueous humidity accompanying of it. Let this distillation be continued until all the spirits be risen. These crystals must be dissolved in distilled rain water and be distilled as before. This must be done six times and every time you must take fresh rain water distilled. Then put these crystals into a glass bolt head, close hermetically, and set in the moderate heat of a balneum for the space of fifteen days so that they may be reduced into a most clear liquor. To this liquor add an equal weight of spirit of wine, very well rectified, and let them bedigested in balneum the space of twelve days, in which time they will be united.
Then take the calx of gold above said, and pour upon it of these united spirits as much as will cover them three fingers breadth.
This would make a seemingly purified fulminated gold if you were really starting with gold calx (an oxide), but in this case I think our calx is really just finely divided gold particles. The crucible burn ensured this (gold oxides all decompose to metallic gold on heating).

I don't think the end tincture results in a fulminate, and I don't think it has gold in it. However, it might have some residual sulfur leftover from an incomplete burn, or maybe some undecomposed gold sulfide. The red color of the tincture might be related to this sulfur impurity, but I'm not sure. The red color might also be related to some organic molecule. Maybe a reaction takes place between the volatile salt of urine, and spirit of wine. There's much to think about.

solomon levi
06-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Thanks Aleilius. I appreciate your insight.

Here's something interesting I found.
http://www.horusmedia.de/2001-aurum/aurum-en.php

Apparently this person died in 2006 - Ulrich Arndt.
S/he was selling Paracelsus' elixir of longevity with potabile gold in it too.