PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Fulcanelli's Secret Fire'?

Lapis_Lazuli
06-16-2009, 02:06 AM
I am reading him mystery of the cathedrals and a really enjoying it.

On page 82 of my addition he says

"The latter kind of calcination is not achieved by any ordinary fire and does not need the assistance of any reflector, but requires the help of an occult agent, of a secret fire, which, to give a hint about its form, is more like water then flame. This fire or burning water is the vital spark communicated by the Creator to invert matter, it is the spirit him close within things."

he then goes on to quote two different alchemists who expand upon this concept just a bit, but of course do it it a very cryptic manner.

Just wondering what your thoughts are about this secret fire? If Fulcanelli was actually the noted French physicist Jules Viole, as some claim, then perhaps he was speaking of nuclear energy. Or perhaps the secret fire is actually communicated directly from the person, from the alchemist himself, a sort of chi energy if you will, directed at the substance?

what are your thoughts?

Aleilius
06-16-2009, 02:20 AM
This is one of the great secrets of the art of alchemy. The knowledge of this Secret Fire is the knowledge to concoct the most perfect Stone of the Wise. Fulcanelli does speak truthfully when he mentioned it is more like a water than a flame.

It is an actual substance, of physical quality, and it activates the death of our Philosophic Earth. Our work is in vain without this Secret Fire.

Lapis_Lazuli
06-16-2009, 02:31 AM
This is one of the great secrets of the art of alchemy. The knowledge of this Secret Fire is the knowledge to concoct the most perfect Stone of the Wise. Fulcanelli does speak truthfully when he mentioned it is more like a water than a flame.

It is an actual substance, of physical quality, and it activates the death of our Philosophic Earth. Our work is in vain without this Secret Fire.

it is indeed in vain without it, I agree. Have you produced this secret fire? Have you seen it or experienced it?

Aleilius
06-16-2009, 02:45 AM
Sorry if it seems like I'm dodging your questions. I can say this much: if the proportion of our secret fire isn't proper we run the risk of burning our philosophic earth. Just as our philosophic earth is composed of liquid and a solid, so too is our calcining water. We combine liquid and solid, and liquid and solid. One becomes a liquid, and the other a solid. These two are combined and thus our work begins.

Lapis_Lazuli
06-16-2009, 02:49 AM
yes, the union of opposites. You seem to be hinting that the secret fire is something prepared in the laboratory.

Aleilius
06-16-2009, 02:59 AM
From Mystery of the Cathedrals page 83:

"Limojon de St. Didier write in the same way: 'The secret fire of the Wise is a fire which the artist prepares according to the art, or which he can at any rate have prepared by those having perfect knowledge of chemistry. This fire is not really hot, but it is a fiery spirit introduced into a subject having the same nature as the Stone; and, being moderately excited by the exterior fire, it calcines the Stone, dissolves it, sublimes it, and turns it into a dry water, as the Cosmopolite says.'"

horticult
06-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Well, Lapis, read then his Dwellings and some of his cross references and then, probably if you are lucky you realise that you know nothing.

And you also can /even without reading/ credit the Adepts maxima: "Its impossible to get IT by reading."

Lapis_Lazuli
06-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Well, Lapis, read then his Dwellings and some of his cross references and then, probably if you are lucky you realise that you know nothing.

And you also can /even without reading/ credit the Adepts maxima: "Its impossible to get IT by reading."

okay thanks, sorry toook so long to get back to you, got caught up here. Yes I will read dwellings and continue to contemplate these matters

Play_Dough
06-20-2009, 06:31 AM
okay thanks, sorry toook so long to get back to you, got caught up here. Yes I will read dwellings and continue to contemplate these matters

It seems that Aleilius wishes to keep this matter secret (2 posts above). As such, I will follow Aleilius' ingenious method and provide 3 hints.

Hint #1 - I agree with Aleilius' posts (above) regarding the 'secret fire'.
(Hi Aleilius!)

Hint #2 - from horticult (above) "Its impossible to get IT by reading." (end quote)
I agree also with horticult's comment.

Hint #3 - All of the future Kings and all of the future Queens are seated firmly upon their thrones and together they are planning a wiener roast.