PDA

View Full Version : Will "universal indicator" PH-paper polute my ormus?

kingo
07-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Hi people! My first attempt on isolating ORMUS, my first problem and first post i in this place.

This is from a data sheet for Universal Indicator:
>>
Ethyl alcohol ~90 %
Methyl alcohol 5 %
Phenolphthalein 0.045 %
Methyl Red, sodium salt 0.01 % Water 5.0 %
Bromothymol blue 0.056 %
<<
It is (of cause) said to be extremely toxic and harmful to liver, kidney, and heart, nervous system and so on...

I admit that i have used A LOT of universal indicator paper while alkalizing my salt-water with lye. Unfortunately i also left a little peace of paper for few minutes in the water.

in Anne Beversdorf's "Simple Ormus-Making Recipe" PH-paper is recommended

Do you think my result will be contaminated? What is your thoughts on this one? Have this topic been up ever before?

Many greatings and thanks for your help!

Respect to all of you!

Vlad
07-29-2009, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't worry about it.
But when you use pH paper, use a glass or plastic stick that you first dip in the solution, then dip onto the paper. Works as well without needing to make the paper touch the actual solution.

Aleilius
07-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Hi kingo, glad to have you on our forum. Since you're new, why not post an introduction thread? It's not required, but it gives us a chance to formally greet you, and allows us to get to know you better.

Vlad is entirely correct. Get a dropper to take a small sample, and then drop it on some pH paper. A good investement to look into if you're really serious about ORMUS is a pH meter. These allow you to constantly check the pH without fear of any contaimination from pH paper or such.

kingo
07-30-2009, 08:49 AM
Ok thanks, to put water on the strips an not strips in the water is a good idea! -should have thought of that. Well, Vlad you think i shouldn't worry(?), ok. I will proceed, but i find the ingridient-list of Universal Indicator to be creapy, and will properbly try once again the better way.

If some could drop a little more knowlegde about the toxicity and risks of these indicator-strips...or one could attempt to calm me further down by saying something like: No harm!

thanks for your answers

Yvain
09-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Ok thanks, to put water on the strips an not strips in the water is a good idea! -should have thought of that. Well, Vlad you think i shouldn't worry(?), ok. I will proceed, but i find the ingridient-list of Universal Indicator to be creapy, and will properbly try once again the better way.

If some could drop a little more knowlegde about the toxicity and risks of these indicator-strips...or one could attempt to calm me further down by saying something like: No harm!

thanks for your answers

Just about every chemical or material these days has an MSDS (material safety data sheet), which you can find online.