PDA

View Full Version : Hello, may I introduce myself.

rockfate1111
08-05-2009, 05:14 AM
I am a somewhat new student to alchemy. I was lead here by a number of paths, mostly in my quest to understand who we are and what the purpose of our creation is.
The flame was sparked through my father and several books he gave me. I have been different from most of the people around me, my entire life, not an outcast at all but everyone would always say I am different. I never really thought anything about it.
Then about ten years ago, as I began to discover the path of my spirituality that is. My arenas of interest went all over the place. I learned I could use dousing rods very well, that I was sensitive to nature and that my motivations in life began to change.
I first got introduced to alchemy through a book on ORMUS claiming it to be the Philosophers Stone. I know what ORMUS is and it is what it is so I will leave that issue alone. I am thankful it interested me long enough to lead me here.
I now practice simple alchemy procedures as I learn. I will be attending the L.A. convention center Alchemy Conference this fall and can't wait t learn some new procedures to perform in hands on lecture/labs.
Glad to have to opportunity to introduce a bit of my history to you all.

Happy To Be Here --ROCKFATE1111--

Salazius
08-05-2009, 05:53 AM
Welcome :)

Thank you for your introduction, it's always pleasant to know a little more about people.

MarkostheGnostic
08-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Greetings from someone who is also new to this site, not new to alchemy. I remember taking forked twigs with my childhood friend at abour age 5 or 6 for dousing. It obviously didn't work, :o but the mind-set was there. I also realized that the state of awe and wonder at chemical phenomena transcended my intellectual curiosity about chemistry proper. So, watching Bromine vapor appear in a retort, over colorless liquid, and condense in a cold receiver, produced a state of consciousness that overtook the materiality of the science. Some years later I began to consume chemicals which brought about the same kind of states, and those states led me to Hermetic philosophies including alchemy, particularly through Jungian psychology. Now, decades later, I am the serpent taking its tail in its mouth - coming full-circle to laboratory Operations, but I'm still on a "Magical-Mystery Tour" :).

Enjoy the L.A. conference!
Regards,
MarkostheGnostic

solomon levi
08-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Welcome Rockfate 1111,

Nice to have you here.

Joy
08-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Nice to meet you here:) Joy

Awani
08-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Welcome!

:cool:

Aleilius
08-06-2009, 01:19 AM
Hi, it's great to have you here. :)

Ghislain
08-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Hello Rockfate1111:)

Zephyr
08-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Welcome!
-A-

rockfate1111
08-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Thank you all for your welcome's.

I am very glad to finally have a place with like minds to share ideas and get help.

So glad to be here.

-rockfate1111