PDA

View Full Version : Mistletoe

Salazius
08-04-2009, 06:35 PM
New thread created from this (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?t=907) thread.

Plant Stone and the"Circulatum minus" still have to wait a while, since I plan other
experiments first.

Plant Stone, that's great !
Oaktree mistletoes, quite difficult to find I heard, but seems very potent for Down according to a french author.

Since it`s so difficult to find them, suddenly a new idea crossed my mind. why not search for a plant, which carries strong sun and moon signatures, or to make a potent mixture of sun and moon plants.

Yes, not a bad idea, but maybe you'll have to find a "peace maker" or two to unite them as they are opposed.

Salazius ... how is your work going, what goal are you heading to?

Thank you for inquiring, my work is doing well. Some preparation for some Paracelsian Elixirs, metallic tinctures, and a wet way of the "grey wolf".

Salazius

Joy
08-05-2009, 05:10 PM
"peace-maker" a great task, thanks for the hint Salazius,
I almost forgot the stormy-conjunction ... Joy;)

rockfate1111
08-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Joy,
In Southern California (U.S.) we have lots of oak mistletoe in our local mountains. I will have to look up some of the processes wich use it since I have it available in large supply.
Thanks Joy,
Rockfate1111

solomon levi
08-07-2009, 11:23 PM
here's a link to oak/acorn/mistletoe alchemy:
http://www.triad-publishing.com/stone18b.html

Joy
08-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Hey rockfate 111,

lucky one, with all the oaks, plus mistletoe, the only question, how will you come
so high in the tree?

Hey Solomo Levi .... Thanks for the link!!

I see that Fulcanelli book here, entitled The Dwellings of the Philosophers. All I know is what Bergiers & Pauwells wrote about him in The Morning of the Magicians (also entitled The Dawn of Magic. He is a modern 'myth' or at least the carrier of the archetypal Wise Man at the least. Please say why you recommend this book and perhaps I will purchase it.

Hey Mark,

the Fulcanelli book is absolute great, but not easy to understand, depends how far
you are into the symbolic language.

Since you said, you come from the inner alchemie, what was your practice there,
I mean, not any secret stuff, just general.

Fulcanellis books are just like gifts to all, which are serious on the alchemie path.

Nice Greets ... Joy

rockfate1111
08-13-2009, 04:32 AM
Hey rockfate 111,

lucky one, with all the oaks, plus mistletoe, the only question, how will you come
so high in the tree?

Hey Joy,

I hunt in the woods were the Oaks with the Mistletoe are. I am in good shape still, I will just climb the trees. If the Mistletoe has healing properties then it will be worth it. I have not looked up a process for this yet, do you have any suggestions of where I should start my search. I think I am going hunting this weekend with the season opening here so I will collect some mistletoe then.

Peace be with you

Rockfate1111

rockfate1111
08-13-2009, 05:01 PM
Joy,

I looked up the information about the mistletoe and found that the process listed in for acorns which are also supposed to be good. The process for the mistletoe is not listed. Only a story about the druid who made it... who died. Do you have a process in mind? Do you think a normal plant tincture will make good medicine from this? Maybe make it into a plant stone. Also wondering about the toxicity of mistletoe. How is this dealt with?

Joy
08-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Rockfate1111,

the mistletoe was used against dizziness and in modern medzin for low bloodpressure,
but it is almost unreachable in the oaks, can also become 400 years old.

The power I guess lies in the fire (oak) watermoon (mistle) combination.

When I use acorns I will go throught the normal plant alchemie process, hoping I will
get enough salt, the same I would do, if I would have the mistletoe.

When I experiment, I need inspiration, so right now I look at my lindenflowers, which
lay in alkohol, waiting to be shaken and wondering, whether they will marry my
acorns, but then they will need a peacemaker.
So what is a peacemaker?? Love !!!!

The dreamy lindenflower, dancing around powerful acorn knight, I`ll give it a chance.

Love and Happiness ... Joy:)

rockfate1111
09-03-2009, 01:51 AM
Hey rockfate 111,

so high in the tree?

Hey Solomo Levi .... Thanks for the link!!

Hey Mark,

the Fulcanelli book is absolute great, but not easy to understand, depends how far
you are into the symbolic language.

Since you said, you come from the inner alchemie, what was your practice there,
I mean, not any secret stuff, just general.

Fulcanellis books are just like gifts to all, which are serious on the alchemie path.

Nice Greets ... Joy

Joy,

Well I got some oak mistletoe! I got a good amount of it! I wish I could just send you some. :D I am going to start the process of making the medicine from it soon.

Thanks for the info on the process... I will post pictures as it progresses.

Peace

-Rockfate1111

Joy
09-03-2009, 06:25 AM
Absolutly great!! To bad nobody was there to take a picture, you
hanging hight up in the trees.
Sure like to follow your process. The solution of my acorns has now a deep
yellow with a very smal reddisch tint.

Keep on going .... Joy

horticult
09-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Are you sure you have a mistletoe from oak? Cuz this is quite unlikely.
On the oak can be found Loranthus europaeus.

rockfate1111
09-03-2009, 02:13 PM
I believe this is mistletoe... Its the same plant they sell at Christmas for kissing under.

Unless that is not really mistletoe??? :confused:

I will try to get some good pictures to post of it and look up the plant online.

thanks, :)

Rockfate1111

rockfate1111
09-04-2009, 12:31 AM
Are you sure you have a mistletoe from oak? Cuz this is quite unlikely.
On the oak can be found Loranthus europaeus.

Well I think what I have is -American mistletoe P. flavescens i found it in central California USA. The berries are small and green.

When I googled Loranthus Europaeus it said it was one of the parasitic plants considered to be mistletoe.

What plant is TRUE Mistletoe???

Peace
-Rockfate1111

horticult
09-10-2009, 09:17 PM
There are no "true" mistletoes on oaks, except I read somewhere some rumors that in a France in some special druids woods...
But if we are looking for some parasite which is able to mine life force from the strongest tree - oak, then it seems logical to use parasite from oak, even if its not called "true mistletoe". Anyway, true "true mistletoe" = Viscum album is white, and Loranthus europaeus is yellow.

rockfate1111
09-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Hmmm...

Well it sounds like I still may have a plant that can be used in producing a healing tincture.

I will do more research on what species of Oak tree plant parasite that I have.

I looked up the Viscum album and it looks very similar to what I have, although its not the same plant.

I thank you for your help in better inderstanding this.

Peace

Joy
09-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Rockfate1111

What did you do with your plant now?

I put my "work in process" last week in the compost for some time, to see
how the oven of nature is doing the job.

Nice Greets ... Joy

rockfate1111
09-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Rockfate1111

What did you do with your plant now?

I put my "work in process" last week in the compost for some time, to see
how the oven of nature is doing the job.

Nice Greets ... Joy

Well Joy,

I am currently drying my plant in the sun... then I will put it in alcohol and seal it then put it in a balneo marie bath .

That's the plan ;)

Peace,

solomon levi
01-24-2010, 06:59 AM
A Dissertation Concerning Mistletoe:

http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/phil/english/chairs/linguist/real/independent/lampeter/pdf/scia1730.pdf

Awani
12-27-2011, 02:45 AM
Found a good quote on this plant:

The flower which Cook instructs us to disregard (although he claims to see two of them, apparently adding one to the missing part of the mirror), and that the Wassons and Graves identified as a mushroom, is clearly not mistletoe. Ixion, however, is named for that sacred plant or entheogen of the ancient Druids: ixos, in Greek (and also ixia), or more exactly (w)ixos, before the loss of its initial consonant. ... To trace it back to its ultimate origin, the mistel is derived from Sanskrit mehati ("he urinates") ... .

Not only royal, but poisonous too, is this sacred twig called urine branch, although the nature of its toxins deserves consideration: beta-phenylethalamine and tryamine, the latter found in ergot and certain psychotropic toads and cephalopods, like the stinging squid.

As for the former, beta-phenylethylamine and similar amine toxins, it occurs in several psychotropically active plants, such as nutmeg and certain cacti associated with peyotl.

The ingestion of mistletoe can slow the pulse, but only in severe cases will it cause lethal failure of the cardivascular system. As to whether the symptons include visionary experience, the reports are mixed. The mistletoe is a semi-parasitic plant inasmuch as it does photosynthesize, but it extracts and sequesters fluid and chemicals from its host. Hence, mistletoe grown on different hosts will contain differing elements, which in certain instances are visionary (beyond the two already mentioned). In view of its name, it deserves consideration as to whether the toxins persist or are modified in the metrabolite in urine, or whether the mistletoe perpetuates this aspect of the fly-agaric (Amanita muscaria, the mushroom that was the original Indo-European entheogen) only by symbolic association. It shares with the mushroom the tradition that they are both planted by the celestial lightening bolt; and its branches glowing a simiular golden color in the winter when the fly-agaric is not fruiting would make a suitable symbolic surrogate. The toxins in fly-agaric, moreover, are difficult to access without ethnopharmaceutical knowledge and vary with maturity of the specimen and manner of preparation, the urinous metabolite avoiding many of the unpleasant and frightening side effects; possibly, mistletoe played a role in activating the desired experience of fly-agaric.

Although mistletoe grows commonly on various trees, such as apple, poplar, and willow, it was only the much rarer form found on the oak that the Druids considered sacred (probably Quercus Aegilops and Quercus Ilex, the trees that the Greeks called drys and are mycorrhizal hosts as well to fly-agraric); and it was from the oak that the priests derived their name. Clad in white, they climbed the tree and harvested the mistletoe with a golden sickle, while others below received it in a white cloak, never allowing it to touch the ground. It was present in all their religious rituals, and they did eat it, sometimes making a potion from it. They were experienced herbalists, and may have had procedures for extracting the desired chemicals. - source (http://csp.org/chrestomathy/apples_apollo.html)

:cool: