PDA

View Full Version : New forums?

Awani
09-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Is there a need for more non-alchemy related subforums?

Most things can be tied into alchemy anyway... but I was thinking stuff like philosophy, tarot, science or such things?

Suggestions?

:cool:

Zephyr
09-25-2009, 04:51 PM
I would support such a sub-forum. Maybe an esoteric philosophy forum that focuses on the links between the various humanities. You could have a specifically "Western" esotericism sub-forum, and an "Eastern" one, if you liked...
*Z*

Awani
09-25-2009, 05:52 PM
And I know its name:

The Philosophers Stone - for all philosophical discussions

I don't think there should be a divide between Western and Eastern... this is a kind of eurocentrism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocentrism).

Let it include all philosophy, even metaphilosophy... it could lie after General Discussions. Taoism, and such things are already in the Spiritual section... but all that is alchemy related. This one, although with an alchemy inspired name, can be more general...

What else?

Zephyr
09-25-2009, 07:37 PM
I don't think there should be a divide between Western and Eastern... this is a kind of eurocentrism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocentrism)

Well it is and it isn't. It might just point to the fact that the European esoteric traditions are pretty interwoven with each other, and evolved more or less as a discussion that, say, the Taoist tradition didn't play a massive role in until more recently (and *possibly* at other times throughout history: this needs support). It is a puzzle for me how to talk about bodies of work that more or less orbit around the same themes and people, and which weave themselves together through common references, authors, and interpretations, without being seen to be centric. Part of me wants to comprehend the true geneology of a 'tradition', while the other part of me wants to play it off, and blend it with other traditions...

BTW, this isn't an argument about how the board should be set up: I say make it general esoteric philosophy... it's more about my own interpretations of accurate epistemology.

*Z*

Awani
09-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Got you!

Ghislain
09-26-2009, 08:24 AM
Sometimes when reading I just feel something is right...when this is the case then it, for want of a better word, feels right. At other times I don’t get that feeling then I need to know how certain beliefs were founded, be they practical or philosophical...when this is the case it has that academic feel to it like a theory proposed but not entirely proved.

When I read posts on this forum I try to read everything as it is posted...irrespective of which “genre”, so to speak, it has been placed under. I don’t believe that pigeonholing a thread gives it more credence.
In a word, IMHO there is no need for more sub-forums...the ones already created are very comprehensive, plus you can always search for what you want :)

Ghislain

Awani
09-26-2009, 01:13 PM
I understand you... I just thought that perhaps it was good to branch out just a little... (not too much), cause alchemy is such a wide subject... but it is also a narrow one... not everyone is reading posts like you! ;)

Awani
09-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Let's try it...

Awani
09-27-2009, 01:49 PM
The egg topic got me thinking... what about food/diet/nutrition?

Could be part of Practical.

Awani
12-13-2009, 05:02 PM
The egg topic got me thinking... what about food/diet/nutrition?

Could be part of Practical.

I still would like thoughts on the above... we are what we eat, and perhaps a food area would be interesting?

Or not?

sleeveless
12-13-2009, 05:19 PM
I still would like thoughts on the above... we are what we eat, and perhaps a food area would be interesting?
for me it is very intresting!!!
to live good, every thing needs to be in balans, body and mind and everything else

Joy
12-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Before I started to work in the Inner Alchemy, I needed a good base, which I found
in the Tarot, the Kabbalah and in Magic. Without the pathwalking and studies of
symbols, astrosophy and colours, the philosophy, psychology, the brainsience,
never the gates of the "Inner Alchemie" would have opend up.

So a subforum which inholds Kabbalah, Tarot (deep, not futurelook), philosophy
would be a fine attachment.

Joy:)

Awani
12-13-2009, 05:43 PM
So a subforum which inholds Kabbalah, Tarot (deep, not futurelook), philosophy would be a fine attachment.

Now we have it like this:

Spiritual Alchemy (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10) - The metaphysical, philosophical, psychological and sexual aspects of alchemy.

Astrologia (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46) - 2012, Astrology, Astronomy, Calendrics, Cosmology, Divination and Tarot.
Hermeticism (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69) - Hermeticism, Order of the Golden Dawn, Qabalah, Rosicrucianism, Thelema, Theurgy.
Spiritus Vitae (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79) - Chakra, Kundalini, Qi, Shaktipat, Samadhi, Sexual Alchemy, Tantra, Taoism and Yoga.

Joy
12-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Sorry, did not see, this was an old topic, to write about the work I do makes
anyway no sence, since there are so many ways in alchemy, but hardly noboby
works with alchemy images.

Awani
12-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Well there is symbols and art sections... go nuts!

:)

Salazius
12-13-2009, 06:03 PM
It's more a kind of scrying don't you think Joy ? It relates to theurgy for me.

Joy
12-13-2009, 06:26 PM
go nuts ... thanks for the invitation, cause at times I am crazy:)

Salazius, hmmm scrying only at certain times.

Pictures are doorways to astral levels, where information is placed, which often
is difficult to put in words.

We work with active imagination, this means a story unfolds with a teaching in it
for us, or a passiv imagination, where things appear which sometimes have a message
for us, sometimes you can call this scrying when the symbol you meet, wants to show
you a change of direction or gives an answer to your question.

All this work is based on old traditions and also leads in the inner alchemy.

This is why we call the alchemy our kingpath.