PDA

View Full Version : Another Late Intro

Rebus7
09-27-2009, 03:01 AM
I have been involved with lab. alchemy since 1972 after my first alchemy course with Frater Albertus. I attended 8 courses with the man over a 10 year + period both in Australia and Salt Lake City. My interest and fascination has never really waned ever since but my activity in the lab has gone thru many highs and lows due to the demands of family life and making a living. In the meantime over the years, I was drawn into study of the mystic arts, kabalah, meditation, sufism, zen, Gurdjieff, shamanism and the gamut of entheogenic substances, but always my deepest attraction has been alchemy. I am a chiropractor, homeopath and acupuncturist who now finds himself reaching the stage of life where I soon will be able to devote myself to alchemy full-time, and I am getting a strong calling right now to do just that. I feel I have enough discrimination, experience and inner guidance to cut to the chase in the lab and I am looking forward to the guided praxis from the inner and the outer that I soon will be able to respond to full-time.
I have been lurking quietly and observing much of the intelligent and informed discussion on the practical forum here, and I look forward to involvement on the forum in due course. Thank you all for your contributions and facilitation.

MarkostheGnostic
09-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Wow! Someone from 'down-under.' I too am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel of a lifetime of work. I look forward to further exploration of alchemy in retirement, taking everything from my initial interest in chemistry at age 10, through college science to the other disciplines that I entered into: philosophy, theology, human development & clinical psychology; not to mention certifications in addiction counseling, hypnotherapy, clinical mental health counseling and 8.5 years of personal Jungian analysis. Add the private study of magick, Qabalism, Gnosticism, and alchemy. BUT, I am still a student, and I am here to learn, not to teach!

Joy
09-27-2009, 08:02 AM
Hey,

very good base as background, to work on, to move on higher levels.

Nice to meet you here ... Joy:)

Awani
09-27-2009, 01:47 PM
I am glad you finally stepped forward!

Welcome!

:cool: