Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. First Attempt to Distill Phosphorus

For anyone actually interested in this... a few quick web searches will reveal a number of various ways one could potentially go about distilling urine in order to obtain elemental phosphorus. Highlighted here is one such method which is floating around the Internet.

To summarize, the recipe is to allow an amount of urine to stand for seven days. At the end of the week, add an amount of carbon and cinnamon, mix it together, and distill completely at high heat. Capture the distillate ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Alchemy and Fear of Death

In all of my reading concerning alchemy, the human spirit is presumed to be real. I guess that is mainly what keeps me interested. I fear death. I fear pain of death. I fear helplessness. And I'm not sure if I believe in life after death. It is very easy for me to say that I don't believe in it, because there is no proof, and I have never experienced anything that I would classify as spiritual in my entire life.

That overwhelming fear of dying really, really makes me want to take ...

Updated 05-29-2014 at 06:18 PM by Eshai

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Proof Experiment (part 1)

My objective is to find an alternative method of measuring alcohol content.

The process is simple in theory. Dissolve an amount of salt (NaCl) which would completely dissolve in a known amount of water/ethanol mixture (amounts calculated by weight, not volume); treat the mixture as if it were 100% water when determining how much salt to add (for example, 3.59 g of NaCl dissolves completely in 10 g water at 20 C). Weigh the amount of undissolved salt remaining, and that will tell you ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Contemplation of Process

So far, mere distillation and extraction are not practices of alchemy in their own right, though they are undoubtedly a part of the alchemy process. I feel that what really makes alchemy alchemy is the inward, mental observation of our own spiritual chances as a result of these physical practices.

The simple feeling of accomplishment in having finished a completed product is satisfying in itself, but I expect there are other, deeper considerations to be had. At this point, I don't ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Pine Extraction

Since the growing season for some more commonly used herbs has not quite yet begun (though we have begun our seedlings indoors already), I decided to do this first extraction using a readily available material: pine needles. Excellent source of vitamin C, and not bad in a tea or mixed with juice (it has almost a bitter lime flavor). Though be wary of your subspecies, as certain conifers can induce cramping in females, as well as miscarriages.

I used the needles from a loblolly pine. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast