Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Blog Comments

  1. Awani's Avatar
    Awani -
    My words are only written in the spirit of support, since I cannot truly know/do/say anything "right" in a situation like this.

    ...all non-sense and stupidity fleeing from me due to this experience; which as we all know is a great blessing...
    Everything is a blessing... only time, growth and your own death (moving into the next realm) will fully reveal what a major blessing everything is (good or bad - no such thing). My own tragedy was an initiation of the highest order... and by seeing it as one, it really helped in my humble opinion... and it seems to me you are already in that mind-set... even if your grief feels very heavy. That is natural.

    An initiation is always horrible, crushing and scary... if it is not, it isn't an initiation at all... there is nothing wrong with grief... yes it is part of ego... but ALSO it is an expression of love... so there is a pure beauty in grief as well... in the cries of grief is the face of the Divine Mystery (what you probably see as God)... pure love...

    I am sure you agree that in such moments of tragedy it baffles the mind how people out there in the world can feel it is important to have more money, more stuff or more power... to initiate war and hate only to advance the material wealth and the power over others... it baffles me how so much energy and effort and work can go into ALL those things when they mean nothing... when peace (in all aspects) for those we love is the only thing that really matters.

    Celebrate your marriage EVEN more in a time like this... because it only shows how fleeting everything is... "The moments of our life are not expendable..."

    Re-read this poem if you are in the mood.

    Updated 1 Week Ago at 05:02 PM by Awani
  2. elixirmixer's Avatar
    elixirmixer -
    Your love is graciously accepted Awani. Your right about the ego thing and your right about it either being empowering or crushing. i think for me right now it will be both. i feel all non-sense and stupidity fleeing from me due to this experience; which as we all know is a great blessing.

    If anyone has any miracles to donate, now would be a great time. Its great to at least have somewhere to express my highs.. and lows.. much appreciated, as usual.
  3. Awani's Avatar
    Awani -
    I can only relate, and speak from, my own prespective when my first daughter was stillborn a couple weeks before the expected date. There are two parts to it, in my view.

    1. Pain and sorrow is part of the ego... it's a bigger version of loosing your wallet or breaking a much loved ornament or something... a much bigger version... yet rooted in the same place... something that I wanted, something that was mine... that I did not get. When I understood this it became much easier.

    2. Nothing can die. Everything is eternal. The person that dies is doing just fine... the people around the dying/dead are the ones in the most pain (the ones trapped in their own ego)... so this also helped because even if there is pain, worry and sorrow for the dying pre-death... in the moment of death and right after everything is fine... perhaps even awesome...

    Nothing wrong feeling sad about a loved one dying. That is natural. But grief can be either empowering or it can be overpowering. For me, personally, the above 2 perspectives - when joined - made my own grief much easier to manage... it also changed my outlook on life... what was important, and what was not.

    ------------------------------------

    Everyone needs different things, the above might not be something you want to hear. I just wrote it, because it worked for me... if it helps you, great... if not, ignore it.

    In either case I wish you and your brother and family a miracle... and if no miracle comes, I wish for a smooth and peaceful transition into the grand divine mystery!

    Love from Awani.

  4. Aham's Avatar
    Aham -
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich
    Wat.
    Beer is ummm....errr... like water... same same
  5. Schmuldvich's Avatar
    Schmuldvich -
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer 3 days ago
    No more intoxicating beverages. None.
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer 2 days ago
    Anyway, I have to finish my beer, pool comp is about to start... CHEERS!
    Wat.
  6. elixirmixer's Avatar
    elixirmixer -
    Yes; it is well known that Fosters is our iconic exported beer. However, most pubs dont even stock it because its such a poor seller. We would only ever really drink it as a novelty.

    You would never find it on tap anywhere in SA. maybe a huge pub in Sydney or something but never never in any South Aussie pub.

    Go Dundie!
  7. JDP's Avatar
    JDP -
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer
    @ JDP: I know right! however, no one in Australia drinks Fosters; thats the shit we push over-sea's.

    I think i may have had 1 can in my whole life, i would have witnessed maybe 3 others being drunk. seriously. aussies won't touch it lol.
    Strange, because outside of Australia it seems to be the only Australian beer that pretty much anyone knows about. During the 80s and 90s this beer was heavily promoted as THE Australian beer, starting with those commercials with Paul Hogan ("Crocodile Dundee"), and, if I remember correctly, cans of Fosters were even used in Men at Work's "Down Under" music video, the scene where the guy gives the singer a vegemite sandwich and they start splashing and drinking beer.
  8. elixirmixer's Avatar
    elixirmixer -
    @ Black: Yes Im aware.. and very grateful.

    @ JDP: I know right! however, no one in Australia drinks Fosters; thats the shit we push over-sea's.

    I think i may have had 1 can in my whole life, i would have witnessed maybe 3 others being drunk. seriously. aussies won't touch it lol.

    He kicked me out because i dis-obeyed his orders to stop drinking and started drinking sneaky beers in the corner and got busted! LOL!

    I'll have to take a break though. Starting to be known for my regular appearances at the local Tavern. Not a good look but hasnt seemed to shy people away from me, they all know im friendly and a hard working opal miner so my standing in Coober hasnt been too tarnished despite the pepperspraying/pub evacuations last week.

    Anyway, I have to finish my beer, pool comp is about to start... CHEERS!
  9. JDP's Avatar
    JDP -
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer
    Yes after once again being kicked out of the pub last night (by my own mining partner who is the bouncer) ive come to realise that a life of running around like a hooligan is not for me. Im returning to my Chi Gung training in order to stabilize and find some peace of mind.

    No more intoxicating beverages. None.

    Hopefully this time is sincere. Pray for me.
    LOL! What kind of a "partner" does that? If he was really your friend, he would have offered you another "Fostas, Australian fuh beeeeah!"
  10. black's Avatar
    black -
    Hopefully this time is sincere. Pray for me.
    I do.
  11. elixirmixer's Avatar
    elixirmixer -
    Yes after once again being kicked out of the pub last night (by my own mining partner who is the bouncer) ive come to realise that a life of running around like a hooligan is not for me. Im returning to my Chi Gung training in order to stabilize and find some peace of mind.

    No more intoxicating beverages. None.

    Hopefully this time is sincere. Pray for me.
  12. black's Avatar
    black -
    Young Soul says = I was totally in the right.

    Old Soul says = These are not the Drunken Droids we are looking for !
  13. elixirmixer's Avatar
    elixirmixer -
    Yes EM was totally in the right; problem is, no on gives a shit. Ill still get done with:

    "Disorderly behaviour" and "Refuse Details".
  14. Awani's Avatar
    Awani -
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer
    Very high in protein and low in fat aswell.
    Nothing wrong with fat unless you combine it with carbs.

    I think you should make Wattle Cake.

    Wattleseed has provided indigenous Australians with a rich source of protein and carbohydrate in times of drought. The seed was crushed into flour between flat grinding stones and cooked into cakes... - source
    And for special customers you slip 'em some DMT crystals.

  15. Schmuldvich's Avatar
    Schmuldvich -
    Did you get charged with anything?
  16. Seth-Ra's Avatar
    Seth-Ra -
    Not sure how it is over there, but here you cooperate. Answer the questions, be polite, or expect an ass beating or worse. Fairly simple.
    I've had multiple encounters with law enforcement, never had a problem, always given a warning and let go.

    Perhaps next time the memory of your eyes burning will prompt you to follow directions and answer questions when prompted.

    Life lessons at work.
  17. elixirmixer's Avatar
    elixirmixer -
    My eyes are still burning.
  18. JDP's Avatar
    JDP -
    A-holes, they deserve a "Spiritus Mundi" bomb. If only it actually existed!!!

    PS: did they give you a vegemite sandwich in jail? And then did you say to them "I come from the Land Down Under!"?
  19. elixirmixer's Avatar
    elixirmixer -
    That..... is a fantastic idea.....
  20. tAlchemist's Avatar
    tAlchemist -
    Don't forget biscuits...

    can't forget the biscuits
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast