Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Blog Comments

Awani -
    Aw shit. You used FTX. Sorry dude.

I've been talking shit about shitcoins for a long time. That dude that ran FTX: what a cunt

Please remember we are all broke economically in the after life... we are all equal in death... please do not do anything stupid. Everything in life is a risk, you win and you lose. But you'll always have your soul and spirit. Don't destroy it by being a quitter.

elixirmixer -
    I'm in a suicidal amount of debt and I've just had my entire portfolio stolen by bad players and gambled on shitcoins and then they just declare bankruptcy and drive off in a Lamborghini.

I'm completely ruined
    elixirmixer -
    FTX went bankrupt.

I lost everything.
    Awani -
    Perhaps. I keep buying both stocks and crypto right now. It's shopping season.

Andro -
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani
    Buy the dip.
    I suspect there will be a much bigger dip. BTC may possibly go back to the 5000$ zone.

That
    will be the time to buy. Especially after all the over-leveraged actors have been liquidated, which is already happening.

Meanwhile, where I live, a small but strong BTC community is forming.

And it's actually actively supported by the local executive branch, members of which have been apparently orange-pilled earlier this year.

In the (privately spoken) words of the local Head Honcho government mobster: "The banks are fucked".
    Awani -
    Buy the dip.

Andro -
    Quote Originally Posted by ghetto alchemist
    I did create an FTX account.
    It appears FTX is currently in troubled waters, with rumors of insolvency.

Wouldn't be a surprise if the rumors were generated by their competitors, but please be careful.
    elixirmixer -
    There was a major retracement so now might be a good time to buy
    ghetto alchemist -
    I did create an FTX account, but have not as yet bought any crypto because the authorisation process has a couple of hoops to jump through.
    But..rest assured I will.
    Thanks for your help and investment advice brother.
    Nobody else ever given advice that was worth 40% in only a few weeks.
    elixirmixer -
    Sorry.

An error made here.
    I recommended CoinSpot to Ghetto Alchemist because I knew from previous communications that Ghetto is in Australia. You'll have to find corresponding facilitators in your own country.

A simply Google search should probably bring up what you need. If in doubt, CoinBase or Crypto.com will suffice.

Do NOT leverage any money. Aka, do not trade in perpetuals. Unless you know what you are doing. Beginners who do such things are very likely to lose their entire capital.

Buy tokens or trade "spot". And hold. This is the safest strategy. And stick to my recommended tokens. Binance and Solana are other big players.

None of this constitutes financial advice and if you try to sue me I'll just have you shot because I can't be bothered coming to court.
    elixirmixer -
    Invest what you don't need.

Not the sheep station like I did
    elixirmixer -
    You're welcome.

Just a hot tip. This could even take up to 3 years to go back up.

Really what I think is the most likely outcome, is that crypto is going to sit at about this level, until we see some proper USA regulations come out so that the institutional investors can start coming in. 95% of institutional money is just not going to move against the SEC. So until the SEC gets their shit together, we are probs going to keep seeing this choppy bullshit.

However in saying that, the longer the USA keeps being retarded about crypto, the more talent they are losing, the more potential taxes they are losing. There are some pretty significant reasons for the SEC to pull it's finger out, so it will happen eventually. Even some stable coin regulation which could be due even in the next 6 months, would mean big things for crypto.
    ghetto alchemist -
    Great advice.
    Thanks brother!!
    elixirmixer -
    Easiest way would be to open and verify a CoinSpot account. The fee's are high though so this is only good for a buy and hold method.

For high volume trading then I use FTX. Binance is another option.

But I wouldn't recommend that. Just buy some of the stuff and let it sit there until it's about 6 - 8x the price and then sell it and then never touch crypto again. That's my plan.

@TheFool. The work I do is all remote and I get paid in American dollars usually. I actually have a job interview for a decentralized trading protocol on the Solana blockchain in about 3 hours. So if I get that job then I'll be back on six figures and would have bounced back from the cataclysm of my sudden divorce.
    ghetto alchemist -
    Thanks for clarifying.
    And now you’ve sold me, I’m gonna buy some of this ALGO that you speak so highly of.
    What’s your recommended way for an Australian crypto noob to do that?
    theFool -
    Reading your story, I wonder what kind of business opportunities exist in the "3rd world country" that cannot be found in the "western world". For example, is it possible to invest in a local plantation (e.g. coffee trees) and maintain an average way of living? I think that working for a salary in a 3rd world country won't help much in long term.
    elixirmixer -
    No. You don't want to buy the one I created.

I created a crypto currency company called Fluidity Money. The currency itself was originally thought up by a friend of mine, my co-founder Shahmeer Chaudhry. I then designed the mathematics behind the incentive structures, while my role in the company was more of a business and partnerships role.

However, I "exited" the company (sold my position). I am not legally allowed to discuss this and am still under contract so I won't be either. However, I can say that, I had different views about how the company should be run and how the project should continue forth. The other founders more or less refused to run it the way that I deemed "necessary" and thus, they decided to buy me out so that I would stop yelling at them.

Honestly, buying any crypto that is not in the top 50 is a huge gamble. You want an established project that has hit some checkpoints in its development and that has a team that has PROVEN they know what they are doing.

Fluidity has still not released its tokens or launched its product, which I find concerning since it was due to release almost 1 year ago. I am no longer at the wheel so I do not know the current state of the project, whether it will be successful or not. I personally will not be purchasing any. My money is on the top 10 crypto currencies. (Actually my money is only on one of them which is Algorand, but that's just because of my personal bias and probably is not a logical move)
    ghetto alchemist -
    I didn’t buy any, but that was because you never told us which one you created.
    I only want to buy your crypto.
    Which one/s are up 8% in only 2 days?
    elixirmixer -
    Did you boobs buy when I told you to buy? Because we're already up 8%
    elixirmixer -
    I should clarify. The "new wife" is actually my fiance. And we have a long courting period before marriage and no sex before marriage. So I am still celibate. And enjoying the new clean, non-sexual nature of my relationship actually. Sex is just so unnecessary and turns me into the worst form of myself.

I am in the Philippines and basically got adopted into a very poor family in Cebu. I still live in Australia. I'm just here for 1 month this trip.

I believe the key to moving on fast is to simply embrace the pain fully. I went out and fasted for 40 days and felt the full force of my mistakes and the adulteries that came as a result.

Also, helps if you just go and get the Philippineo wife. The wives are reputed to be the best in the world, they are completely non-shallow if you find the right sort of girl aswell. You could be 65 years old and marry a 25 year old hottie that will be loyal until the day you die. And quite easily I must say. There are literally thousands of women over here waiting for their knight in shining armour to come and save them from this debilitating poverty.

Now if you'll excuse me gentleman, I'm going to go buy an AK47 just because I can over here
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 ... LastLast