Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Blog Comments

vigilance -
    man I am so through being nice about this.
    vigilance -
    I'll tell them myself. I'm a fucking whore.

I have many methods.
    vigilance -
    You sick sick little boy.
    vigilance -
    I'll save your name for the prestige.

This is called pwning nowadays, I think.

Im not up on the leet speak anymore.
    vigilance -
    Im walking my dogs. You have until then. Then I'm gonna talk about my hacking days and this UL partner named Desire who used the aliases Andrew and Adam.
    vigilance -
    stays until you answer. Maybe I'll repost this.
    vigilance -
    such strange DESIRES. nyah nyah
    vigilance -
    I could send you pics of me in my glory days with this cute little asian number. Are you the one that always wanted me involved?
    vigilance -
    I could send you pics of me and this cute little asian thing
    vigilance -
    Come on Adam. I always suspected you had a crush on me. How nervous you act around me. It's okay buddy. You can watch me and the wife. But no touching - either one of us.

8=======D

on your knees, boy.
    vigilance -
    who said it first was it...
    vigilance -
    cant find my graphic.
    Updated 3 Days Ago at 12:01 PM by vigilance
    vigilance -
    Sorry I had missed that first paragraph. I have a new puppy that thinks he's a shark right now. I don't have a good grasp of classical mythology.. I pick up bits and pieces on a "need to know basis".

The only reason I could identify him by lion skin and labours is.. astronomy/constellations.
    vigilance -
    Yes. The lion skin, the labours.. these are references to Hecules right?
    Florius Frammel -
    I'm afraid I don't understand your question. Do you maybe want to say you prefer the name Herakles?

Anyway, it's this guy:

vigilance -
    Hercules?
    Florius Frammel -
    Yes, I agree with your opinion on the damages.
    The same issue counts for the text. The words of two pages got blended into each other what makes both unreadable. I especially like the image with the Hydra in the flask. It was the second labor of Hercules after he first killed the lion with his bare hands (without the secret solvent). His problem in this task was, that once he cut off a head, another one grew immediately. A crab came to help the Hydra and Hercules trampled on it with his foot, cracking and killing it.

Many see in these first two labours the most important steps of the very beginning of the great work, still in the realm of ordinary chemistry/spagyrics. So this author, like some others, seems to also point to the necessity of having a closed vessel in this second step, which already looks as if it's already a cooking of the lion's skin one needs to get hold of in the first labour.
    vigilance -
    Thanks for the feedback. It mentions "war damage", and a "failed restoration" in 1961. I assume the glued pages is a result of the latter. There is also very bad bleed as well, I'm not sure how that's explained by either of those. Without careful inspection it's hard to tell if you're looking at the "postive" image, or the "negative image" bleeding from the other side. Some of them (flask images mainly), it seems that there are seperate flasks on either side, that coincide and bleed into each other, ruining both
    Florius Frammel -
    Wow. This is a very beautiful version. The accompanied texts seem to be different from and more practical than the usual text of the Splendor Solis.

For 16th century german it's incredibly good readable. Unfortunately there are some pages in the middle where it looks like that there were two pages glued together which makes those parts unreadable.

The latin text is interesting too. Anyone interested in a transcription/translation collaboration? I'd do the readable german parts.
    Seraphim -
    Those are really nice images, thanks for sharing. Will have to read Lambspring again, I didn't understand it.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast