Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

View RSS Feed

vigilance

1. Jaroš Griemiller - Rosarium philosophorum (1578)

As mentioned in another post, this is known as "Griemiller's Rosary". If you're like me, you are probably familiar with at least a couple of the images, although they are rarely used with any source/citation information. I think I may have happened upon the name from something McLean had posted? For awhile my best source was a pdf of a few images.. it was like a pamphlet that might be handed out at an exibhition, but lacking much ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. MBK 2° Ms. chem. 21 Lux lucens in tenebris, Splendor solis, Angelus lucis (1584)

A couple of things.. I resize images before posting.. I'm not extremely consistent, I use anywhere from 500-600px width. I don't have the patience to resize one copy for display, upload both that and the original, and hotlink the display to the original. There is no click bait or ulterior motives here, I have no idea of how many people "View", there are no "likes" or other fake internet points, there's no ranking that's ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. geometrical diagrams.

During some recent researches I've happened upon a few german words that have led to more information about the things I like to talk about.

"Kreisschemata"/"Kreisfiguren", and Lehrtafel

The first refers to the circular-type diagrams that have been discussed and compared a lot recently. This came up in the catalog record of a manuscript I was dealing with, "alchemischce Kreisschemata". For some reason while trying to define that word, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Illustrations of Heinrich Khunrath (17th Century)

I guess I'll post some manuscripts. This one I is something I came across recently. I'm a pretty big fan of Khunrath. In the record, Khunrath is listed as "Creator", and this doesn't seem to match anything from published works.. So I'm leaning towards this being his actual creation, in his hand, and not some else's copy. The provenance of the manuscript only makes it more interesting for me: "Lindsay family Earls of Crawford and Balcarres", but I'll get into that more another ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized