Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Blog Comments

elixirmixer -
    Well job A fell through because of the incredible amount of red tape they are trying to hang me with in this country. Job B was supposed to be a "manager" role for a nice motel but ended up being a glorified cleaner rile without the glory. I only handled picking up tampons for 2 days.

Now im full-time in the opal industry as a noodle machine operator. A noodle machine is a giant sorting machine designed to find opal in crushed rocks.

Ive moved underground now after a month of homelessness which is a huge relief. Have a great place now and should be setting up the lab again today but ive just come from the dentist and am a little drugged up and sore from having my jaw drilled out.

Im half way through my first trial of the Masonic Vegetable stone that was featured on Youtube from the Thomas fellow. Just need to calcine the plant and make some ormus. Will be using HCL and NO3 to dissolve the caput mortem and using the plants own carbonates to reveal the hidden manna.
    Seraphim -
    Schmuldvich -
    Good to hear from you!

Figured you've been busy with your new job. Let us know how things are going and what you've been doing. Hope things start looking up for you, EM!
    black -
    Hi Mr. Mixer

Good to hear you are hanging in there ......
    Schmuldvich -
    Awesome, Greg!!! Amazing collection!
    Seraphim -
    Quote Originally Posted by zoas23
    WOW!
    +1

Thanks for taking the time to compile all of this.
    zoas23 -
    WOW!
    Greg Marcus -
    Interesting thing about bubbles... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oXKOK2tQiE
    tAlchemist -
    I don't know much about Sacred Geometry, but on the top of my head, I assume that the shapes have to do with the proportions of matter and the shape it forms in order to take form... a form within a form embedded deep within matter so that the inside of Matter can ''balance'' and level without falling apart much akin to blowing bubbles... the oval is a natural form it takes, likewise, Sacred Geometry.

Am I close? :S
    Schmuldvich -
    This is awesome! Keep 'em coming!
    Greg Marcus -
    Johann Georg Hagelgans, who embraced both the negative and the positive use of holy numbers: the devotional and inspirational use of biblical numbers in Sphaera Coelestis Mystica (1739), prefaced by 1 Corinthians 13:12: ‘Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face’, and in Sphaera Infernalis Mystica (1740) an exposition on the number of the beast, 666 prefaced by the reassuring verse from John 1:5 ‘The Light shines in the Darkness and the Darkness has not overcome it.’ Hagelgans’ systematic survey of significant biblical numbers is divided into three parts, with eleven chapters sandwiched between an introduction, explaining the aim and use of divine arithmetic, and a defence of his opinions. In the chapter on the mysteries of the number 7 in the context of worship, he writes that once one has noticed the seven penitential, the seven prayerful and the seven praise psalms introduced into David’s Book of Psalms by the God-fearing Ancients, one’s respect and honour for this mysterious and holy number grows. The seven planets, seven metals and seven primary colours belong to the natural world and are a source of wonder in the visible world. The seven wise men of Greece, the seven wonders of the world and the seventy interpreters from Egypt, on the other hand, are all coincidental or formed by humans, and therefore according to Hagelgans cannot be classified as divine numbers.

Hagelgans classifies numbers 1, 2, 3 and 7 as holy, numbers 4, 8, 12 and 24 as blessed, number 5 as half or imperfect, number 6 as human, numbers 7, 8 and 9 as end or balancing numbers, and number 10 as the most complete number. As he justifies his choice of 10 as the most complete he reveals more interpretations:

"[Ten] is the most complete number, above all other, and in which all others are contained. It is the end and at the same time the beginning; a double number which is the most special and unique as it can be formed by all the other numbers in several different ways: through multiplication . . . 5  2=10, and through addition with the first four 1+2+3+4=10, with the two imperfect numbers 5 +5=10, with the angelic and human numbers 4+6=10, with the two most holy numbers 3+7=10, with the numbers of the bridegroom and bride 2 + 8=10, and with the first and last numbers 1+9=10."

"The blind heathen also used this number for their two-faced God Janus, although we teach something better, seeing the origin or source from which its measure, number and density are constructed, finding in the Revelation to St John how God embraced all other possible numbers in this perfect circle."

- "Bach's Numbers" by Ruth Tatlow
    Greg Marcus -
    I was out of allowed images in the original post, so I'll have to add this here. There are definitely similarities between Plate 4 and this work of the Jesuit, Ferdinand Verbiest (click for hi-res version):

Verbiest is a story on his own, but here are the basics:

"[Ferdinand] Verbiest (1623 1688) labored in a strange mode not quite Euclidean and not quite Chinese, as he pondered questions of the Chinese "I-ching" and geometric form. Aside from being a fortune book, the "I-ching" was the mainstay of an ancient philosophy of number and symmetry. It deals much with the numbers three and six, as seen in Verbiest's hexagons and triangles. He has larded his pages with sayings from that classic, apparently in his own hand. This pull-out page is one of many working notes that were bound together with Verbiest's printed eclipse predictions and his apologia of western astronomy for the Manchu court."
    "Father Ferdinand Verbiest (9 October 1623 28 January 1688) was a Flemish Jesuit missionary in China during the Qing dynasty. He was born in Pittem near Tielt in the County of Flanders (now part of Belgium).[2] He is known as Nan Huairen (???) in Chinese. He was an accomplished mathematician and astronomer and proved to the court of the Kangxi Emperor that European astronomy was more accurate than Chinese astronomy. He then corrected the Chinese calendar and was later asked to rebuild and re-equip the Beijing Ancient Observatory, being given the role of Head of the Mathematical Board and Director of the Observatory.

He became close friends with the Kangxi Emperor, who frequently requested his teaching, in geometry, philosophy and music.

And finally.. when searching for info on Hagelgans, I came across this now defunct page (http://www.romlit.ro/n_biblioteca_lui_faust) in Romanian.. The translation is so bad as to pretty much useless, but the one paragraph combines three of my favorites.. Nostradamus, von Welling, and Hagelgans:

But what are the Goethe heroes reading in the alchemical lab, decorated according to the direction of Act II, Scene 1, "in the style of the Middle Ages, with all sorts of facilities for fantastic purposes"? First of all, the "mysterious book of Nostradamus (dies geheimnisvolle Buch, Von Nostradamus)," perhaps the prophecies of what contemporaries called "the new ancient oracle". It is then mentioned a book in which Faust "sees the sign of the macrocosm", possibly referring to the 53nd engraving of Georg von Welling, Opus mago-cabbalisticum et theosophicum ..., Frankfurt, 1719. It is the book at which Goethe read about 1770-1773, even when he began to be concerned with the failing myth. And when Faust speaks of the organization of heaven in spheres, the spirit of the Passover, and the chorus of angels, the author may send to Johann Georg Hagelgans, Sphaera coelestis mystica (1739). Finally, when Wagner and Faust polemise about the "Geist der Zeiten", the lyrics send to the Hegelian concept Zeitgeist / genius seculi, so debated in the epoch and ironized by Herder: "Is he a genius, a demon? or a nerd, a resurrected old grave ?, or is it a wind blowing with the sound of a wind harp?