Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Jupiter (Zeus) vs. Sol.

I think it was in a post/reply discussing the Decans that I brought up that to the Greeks/Romans it was Jupiter that was Ruler/King of the Sky/Heavens. I don't know if anyone noticed in the miniatures that I had posted before, but that's what it is showing.. There's a few images of Jupiter in the image sequence:

Updated 03-17-2019 at 01:05 PM by Andro

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Keys of Mercy and the Secrets of Wisdom

This is a manuscript from the World Digital Library, which has the following description:

"This manuscript is an invaluable source for understanding alchemical doctrines and practices in the Islamic world during the Middle Ages. Its author, the polymath Mu‛ayyad al-Dīn al-Tuġrāī, was born in 1062 AD in Persia (present-day Iran) and worked as a secretary in the Seljuk court. He later was appointed vizier in Mosul (present-day Iraq), but his career came
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. very cool miniatures

Found in a 15th/16th century manuscript, miniatures from Virgil's Aeneid.

The best of a series of 4 featuring the Anemoi. Before the cardinal compass points were a thing, the 'Winds' would be marked on maps. Bigger maps would feature a network of connecting winds, like a web.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. stick-to-itiveness

That is such a nonsense word. That it's in the mainstream makes me feel like we're literally living in the Idiocracy. There's much better words.. resolve.. perseverance, persistence, determination, etc. But I digress.

After probably about 5 days of work, I finally have the complete english translation of the zohar parsed from PDF and the verses inserted into a database. 17000+ verses. It would have been easy if the formatting was standardized. There's a combination of commentary ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Bureus and other random things.

While I scraped Welling's Opus Mago-Cabbalisticum from Scribd and made my own pdf the other day, it wasn't the main reason I was there or the first title I stole that day.

I had gone back to Franckenberg and his "Key to the House of David" the other day, with my focus on finding out what exactly Eliphas Levi said about it. What I really wanted to know if he had named the title it was from, and I had wasted all that time finding it myself. Searching from THAT angle, Eliphas ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 15 ... LastLast