Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. MBK 2 Ms. chem. 21 Lux lucens in tenebris, Splendor solis, Angelus lucis (1584)

A couple of things.. I resize images before posting.. I'm not extremely consistent, I use anywhere from 500-600px width. I don't have the patience to resize one copy for display, upload both that and the original, and hotlink the display to the original. There is no click bait or ulterior motives here, I have no idea of how many people "View", there are no "likes" or other fake internet points, there's no ranking that's ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. geometrical diagrams.

During some recent researches I've happened upon a few german words that have led to more information about the things I like to talk about.

"Kreisschemata"/"Kreisfiguren", and Lehrtafel

The first refers to the circular-type diagrams that have been discussed and compared a lot recently. This came up in the catalog record of a manuscript I was dealing with, "alchemischce Kreisschemata". For some reason while trying to define that word, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Illustrations of Heinrich Khunrath (17th Century)

I guess I'll post some manuscripts. This one I is something I came across recently. I'm a pretty big fan of Khunrath. In the record, Khunrath is listed as "Creator", and this doesn't seem to match anything from published works.. So I'm leaning towards this being his actual creation, in his hand, and not some else's copy. The provenance of the manuscript only makes it more interesting for me: "Lindsay family Earls of Crawford and Balcarres", but I'll get into that more another ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. .....and from the ashes!

So i scanned for 'real aboriginals'.... and i have regrettable news. I am not sure that such a thing actually exists anymore. i mean sure, there are some men who live purely off the land. But im refering to their esoteric culture, im afraid has been lost forever.

Anywho.... I went and tried again to fast for 40 days. 160 days i had spent in deep remorseful, repentful tears over the loss of my wife. I prayed and prayed and prayed, but allas, she toldhe that she was talking with other ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Phoenix and Salamander

From Louis Ginzberg's "Legends of the Jews"

Among the birds the phoenix is the most wonderful. When Eve gave all the animals some of the fruit of the tree of knowledge, the phoenix was the only bird that refused to eat thereof, and he was rewarded with eternal life. When he has lived a thousand years, his body shrinks, and the feathers drop from it, until he is as small as an egg. This is the nucleus of the new bird.

The phoenix is also called "the
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 15 ... LastLast