Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Blog Comments

Greg Marcus -
    He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.
    -Douglas Adams
    Greg Marcus -
    Well except for his end, right? I hope a hanging is not in my future. I actually have used "Kasaubon/Casaubon" as an alternate nickname quite a bit. I think Eco said it was after Isaac, but Eliot's seems so on the nose for Eco's book:

In George Eliot's Middlemarch, Edward Casaubon spends his life in a futile attempt to find a comprehensive explanatory framework for the whole of mythology. He is writing a book which he calls the Key to all Mythologies. This is intended to show that all the mythologies of the world are corrupt fragments of an ancient corpus of knowledge, to which he alone has the key. Poor Mr Casaubon is, of course, deluded. His young wife Dorothea is at first dazzled by what she takes to be his brilliance and erudition, only to find, by the time he is on his deathbed, that the whole plan was absurd and she can do nothing with the fragments of the book that she is supposed to put into order for publication.
    Of course, this "ancient corpus" has a name, which I only learned much later.. the "Perennial philosophy". not unconnected to how i came to study in the first place.
    Florius Frammel -
    And I thought you'd prefer "Belbo" ;-)
    Greg Marcus -
    ha. I'd prefer to be Morpheus.
    theFool -
    shall we call you Neo as nickname?
    Seraphim -
    Greg thanks for sharing.