Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Johann Georg Hagelgans

Firstly, bear with me, especially if you're interested in the content I've posted here on this blog or in the forums. There's lots of neat stuff here. (follow the links!)...

I'm pretty sure I came across Hagelgans on Pinterest while looking at other geometrical diagrams.. these were in the other "suggested" images:

..and those lo-res versions were all I could find. Each search eventually landed ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Mellon MS.12 - previously owned by Ripley and John Dee

Source: Mellon MS. 12: A collection of alchemical texts attributed to Lull, with some additional matter

The first page of the manuscript has the following information added in modern times:

"This ms. was formerly the property of the famous mathemetician, astrologer, and alchemist (?) John Dee. It figures in the list of (? ?) mss. published by the Bibliographical Society of London in 1921 and edited by (?) James (Ms. No. T.66) and under the same number in the original
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Some favorite quotes/excerpts..

Although in these days the "occult" has claimed him, I really like Eliphas Levi:

What is a fool? One who is somewhat more irrational than a dumb animal. He is a man who wants to run before he can crawl; a man who thinks he has mastered a subject as soon as he had made a little progress in it; a mathematician who looks down his nose at poetry; a poet who condemns mathematics; a painter who says that theology and the Qabalah are stuff and nonsense; an uneducated man who repudiates
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Cretins, Fools, Morons, and Lunatics

“There are four kinds of people in this world: cretins, fools, morons, and lunatics.”

“And that covers everybody?”

“Oh, yes, including us. Or at least me. If you take a good look, everybody fits into one of these categories. Each of us is sometimes a cretin, a fool, a moron, or a lunatic. A normal person is just a reasonable mix of these components, these four ideal types.”

“Idealtypen.”

“Very good. You know German?”

“Enough ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Artwork of Madeline von Foerster

Found these while looking for something else, which is so wont to happen. I don't typically like modern interpretations, but these are very nice.

The 6 flask images are from the same period. It would be nice if she chose a specific alchemical image sequence and created a complete set.

Her website: http://www.madelinevonfoerster.com Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/madelinevonfoersterart/

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 12 ... LastLast