Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Extracting antimony

Some antimony ore was crushed and then mixed with KOH in a porcelain crucible. Then it was heated till the KOH melted and a yellowness (sulfur) was extracted out of antimony. The contents were left to solidify, and then crushed to little pieces. Half of them were extracted with vinegar, the rest of them with alcohol. The vinegar gave no color upon extraction. The alcohol gave an interesting orange color within one day of digestion.

Updated 12-13-2013 at 02:40 PM by theFool

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Snakebites and Dreams

I woke in an underground room, in bed with a girl, and in the middle of a house party. What lights were on did nothing to lighten up the room color-wise -- everything was gray and black. I moved out of bed and walked through the room filled with my friends; in the corner I found a pool table. The surface was green felt and no one was playing. Walking around the table I saw the cue-ball had been scratched and rested in the small retrieval pocket, but when moving closer I saw another rattlesnake hiding ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Dreaming of Snakes

I'm a big fan of dreams.

I was following my older brother along a path. At one point we came upon a fenced-in area which ended in a gate.
    Beyond the gate was a small pond full of rocks and things, and it was here I saw three or four snakes swimming away from me, but from out behind a rock quite close to me came another snake. It looked very much like a rattlesnake (our native species here in Montana). I became scared and backed up, but the snake was much too quick. It came ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. what will you do?

What will you do friends? What will you do when you reach that point where you see/understand/realize something so shockingly amazing in context that you can never sleep/be unconscious of it again, and you are literally a different "person"? Will you manage it with grace? Or flip out? Will you be able to pretend, for sleeping others, that nothing has changed? Or will you be a virus? Will you emphasize love or vanity in the face of purposelessness? I wonder what you will choose when you ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Catacombs of Priscilla

Here we go [again] while Vatican denies the possibility, restoration to Catacombs of Priscilla opened up the debate that there were women priests in early Christianity.

http://www.catacombepriscilla.com/

What do others think on this heated debate?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast