Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Eshai's Journal

My desire is to make this forum my new Internet home. For several years, I have called home a number of other forums where I have met many interesting people, some I continue to call my friends. However, my desire to continue participating on those other forums is drawing to an end. I wish to do something more productive, and I hope to accomplish that here. I do not know any of you yet, but I hope through our further conversations I will be able to make some friends who can provide valuable and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. False Paths

I will expose here three paths I followed that have led to a dead end. They were inspired by the books of Robert Bartlett.

1)
    The first one, can be found in his book "Real Alchemy" and deals with the so called alkahest of tartar. This substance is supposed to be able to extract the sulfur of metals and minerals. In brief, Bartlett requires us to perform a dry distillation on crude tartar and then purify the distillate. We obtain a clear liquid which upon digestion ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Extracting antimony

Some antimony ore was crushed and then mixed with KOH in a porcelain crucible. Then it was heated till the KOH melted and a yellowness (sulfur) was extracted out of antimony. The contents were left to solidify, and then crushed to little pieces. Half of them were extracted with vinegar, the rest of them with alcohol. The vinegar gave no color upon extraction. The alcohol gave an interesting orange color within one day of digestion.

Updated 12-13-2013 at 02:40 PM by theFool

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Snakebites and Dreams

I woke in an underground room, in bed with a girl, and in the middle of a house party. What lights were on did nothing to lighten up the room color-wise -- everything was gray and black. I moved out of bed and walked through the room filled with my friends; in the corner I found a pool table. The surface was green felt and no one was playing. Walking around the table I saw the cue-ball had been scratched and rested in the small retrieval pocket, but when moving closer I saw another rattlesnake hiding ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Dreaming of Snakes

I'm a big fan of dreams.

I was following my older brother along a path. At one point we came upon a fenced-in area which ended in a gate.
    Beyond the gate was a small pond full of rocks and things, and it was here I saw three or four snakes swimming away from me, but from out behind a rock quite close to me came another snake. It looked very much like a rattlesnake (our native species here in Montana). I became scared and backed up, but the snake was much too quick. It came ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast