Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

View RSS Feed

elixirmixer

EM; on T.V. (!?)

Rate this Entry
Alllllllrighty fellas!!

Guess what happened today!

I was doing some handy-man work for a miner in town today and then happened to be introduced to the Managing Director of the T.V. show 'Opal Hunters'!!!

Can you see where this is going!?

Right! An oppertunity exists.... for EM to get ON THE SHOW!!

But only IF i can present some decent footage of me working at my mine.

I WANT YOU GUYS to help me come up with a plan, a way to make an impressive opal video... to get me on the show!

Question is: What would YOU want to see on a TV show about me mining?

What would be exciting?
What would be interesting?
What would be funny?

Common guys... you know you wanna see EM on INTERNATIONAL TELEVISION! !!!!!!

HELP ME YOU.... beautiful people...

Submit "EM; on T.V. (!?)" to Digg Submit "EM; on T.V. (!?)" to del.icio.us Submit "EM; on T.V. (!?)" to StumbleUpon Submit "EM; on T.V. (!?)" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Aham -
    EM... you mentioned ~2 months ago that you had moved a 1000 KM away so that some psycho (that you testified against in court) wouldn't be able to track you and your family down. Will being on TV help you stay anonymous? I'm guessing you have thought this through...
    Seraphim -
    Congrats. I know I would like to see some night time opal hunting. I think you're funny, just be yourself.
    elixirmixer -
    Aham; well observed.

Yes there will have to be certain precautions in place due to that exact reason.

But also, even though the opportunity exists, i still find it highky unlikely that they will chose to put me on TV. Im still very new at the opal game. It would take a hell of an 'audition' tape to be let in i think. Its more of just an exciting moment. If it hapoens to go through; then deep thought and awarness will need to be employed in order to keep the family safe.

Your consideration is well noted. Thank you.
    elixirmixer -
    Oh and Sepharim;

Thank you
    elixirmixer -
    Seraphim*

Sorry; its very late.
    Kiorionis -
    It would be interesting to see how a ‘newcomer’ mines opal compared to more experienced miners.

Maybe you could highlight the difficulties/struggles of setting up an opal mine in your audition tape? It makes the story more personal and gives it depth, in my opinion.
    elixirmixer -
    Yes; good idea Kiorionis. These are the types of thinking i was hoping to hear from you guys. If there is a chance (a small chance) of getting on the show, ill have to show that 'my story' is worth the viewers time and efforts.
    Kiorionis -
    Aristotle writes about two types of archetypal ‘storytellings’: the Tragedy and the Comedy.

The Tragedy is a person of high status falling, and the Comedy is of a low status person rising.

Don’t know if it’ll help, but I’ve always liked that critique of poetry/art
    Awani -
    Be yourself.

elixirmixer -
    So i watched a few episodes of the first season online. It has an extremely 'aussie' feel to it.

I think the only angle i could come across and still meet the criteria would be to do exactly what has been said (be myself) and capitalize on the whole mad scientist goes mining thing and hope that they find it fits in well with their intentions for the show (which i still find unlikely).

The show itself seems to be focused on the whole AUSsie thing... im not a very 'aussie bloke' dude because alot of my ego is based upon knowledge rather than the whole, tough rough flano, aussie bloke shit (even though aussies are really total pussies relative to many other countries around the world).

Thanks Kiorionis and Awani