Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

View RSS Feed

elixirmixer

EM; buys a restaurant!?

Rate this Entry
The epic saga continues....

What do you think of this for a name...

"The Miner's Diner"

Big blown up wall prints of old school mining days...

Popular wog foods for all the ethnics in town.

Cheap $5 beers, $5 glass of wine.

$15 - $22 main courses.

Soft serve; frozen yogurt; 100% arabica coffee. Proper barista style....

I approached a man, a business mentor of mine, and said "John, I want to open a shop, and i want tou to tell me how to do it..." he said... "do you want 49% of the resturant im opening?"

"How much?"

"How much can you afford to invest?"

"30"

"Haha.... you can have half for 12 and a half"

"Sweet... lets do it."

What do you reacon about THAT!??

EPIC?????

You know it.....

Oh... and i bought a noodling machine (opal sorter) 12 grand worth and got it for 2.

Loving it.

Alchemy update: mind fucked again on SM... notorious little bastard...

Submit "EM; buys a restaurant!?" to Digg Submit "EM; buys a restaurant!?" to del.icio.us Submit "EM; buys a restaurant!?" to StumbleUpon Submit "EM; buys a restaurant!?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Awani -
    It doesn't matter if you are family or friend, when you create a business make sure you have everything on paper!!!

He offered 49 %, because whatever choice that is to be made is going to be made by him. Don't forget that.

The difference between 49 and 50 or 51 is only 1 or 2 percent, but those two percent MEANS EVERYTHING.

A business should always be 50/50.

Andro -
    It's rumored that a handshake from Meyer Lansky was worth more than a contact drawn by the most expensive lawyers
    Andro -
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani
    A business should always be 50/50.
    Unless you're a foreigner wanting to start a business in Thailand. Any busyness (or land plot) must be majority owned by a Thai national

However, there are Thai lawyers/notaries/etc who will serve as "nominal majority owners" (on paper) for a fee

But you're in you're neither in Thailand nor in the mob (?), so draw up a proper contract/article of incorporation/whatever you have there down under - and make sure you get no less than 50%.
    Updated 08-26-2018 at 08:36 PM by Awani (fix code)
    Awani -
    If you want to "buy in on established" then it is ok to be less than 50 %... but if you "start new" then nothing less in my opinion.

Also I do like a "handshake" world... if I ever do business with someone I often show them this clip:

elixirmixer -
    Well i actually prefer him making all the final decisions. This mans track record with starting successful businesses is bigger than my entire working life. He is a much more money orientated individual than I am; as you all know too well, im a dreamer.

If i was allowed to make any major decisions, we'd start loosing money straight away.

He mentiined outting the whole place in my name which is good. The man is a very generous and honest person. Right now he's investing all his time into fund raising to build the kids in Coober a multi-million dollar sports center.

He is also liable to die at any time due to poor health and if thats the case the entire business becomes mine.

Of course some paperwork is important. Im not really sure what I meed though thay will secure me legally.
    JDP -
    Will you be serving kangaroo curries? How about alligator souvlaki? Or koala kebabs? Wombat meatballs & spaghetti?
    Awani -
    If he dies 49 % is your business, the other 51 % is his next of kin... and how greedy are they?

elixirmixer -
    Mmmmm koala kebabs......

There should be at least one kangarok meal shouldnt there.

Just for the info; kangaroo, emu, tiger snake, all taste delicious when cooked properly.

Kangaroo can be cooked very poorly too and be tough as nails.
    JDP -
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer
    Mmmmm koala kebabs......

There should be at least one kangarok meal shouldnt there.

Just for the info; kangaroo, emu, tiger snake, all taste delicious when cooked properly.

Kangaroo can be cooked very poorly too and be tough as nails.
    I have eaten kangaroo steaks on a couple of occasions. One of them they were in fact first sauteed, then a curry sauce was added on them and then were finished cooking in it. Yes, they are good.
    elixirmixer -
    Very high in protein and low in fat aswell.
    elixirmixer -
    Ive told my business partner that im not willing to get involved until after summer. This place becomes a ghost town during summer and i think its a waste of my time basically. Im pushing to sign the lease for the 1st of March.
    tAlchemist -
    Don't forget biscuits...

can't forget the biscuits
    elixirmixer -
    That..... is a fantastic idea.....
    Awani -
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer
    Very high in protein and low in fat aswell.
    Nothing wrong with fat unless you combine it with carbs.

I think you should make Wattle Cake.

Wattleseed has provided indigenous Australians with a rich source of protein and carbohydrate in times of drought. The seed was crushed into flour between flat grinding stones and cooked into cakes... - source
    And for special customers you slip 'em some DMT crystals.