Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

View RSS Feed

elixirmixer

EM: A detour to the lands

Rate this Entry
SO I've gotten a bit side tracked since half way through my move out to the mountains. I went out to the aboriginal lands and have been living with a family out here for about a week. It's been a real eye opener.

Today's lunch, Goanna! It's really beautiful to see how strong family bonds are around here. Way More than your average white folk in Australia.

I almost got burnt alive by the elders for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, I was 60 seconds off, but divine providence protected me.

There is a lot of racist bullshit in the country try about how "the aboriginals get more money than the rest of our social welfare" however it's an ignorant statement, the majority of white people have never been out here to see the conditions of their living. The food is literally double the price. The petrol is ridiculous aswell. These people get a little bit extra from the government but are ripped off right down to empty fridges at the store. It's really sad to see and helped put my own problems into perspective.

The most beautiful thing I saw (actually heard) was a group of children walking down the street singing Christian carols in their own lounge at 2am in the morning at the top of their lungs. The place is so quiet during the day and comes to life at night with horses running up the street chasing dogs and children chasing the horses.

There are big motivational issues here... and rubbish is just everywhere, with all the houses I've been in having serious hygiene issues.. there is a lot of beauty, and a lot of ugly out here, but once you get used to the smells of human shit, dog piss and dead kangaroo, it's a lovely place to visit

Leaving tomorrow. Back to coober and then off to the mountains.

Submit "EM: A detour to the lands" to Digg Submit "EM: A detour to the lands" to del.icio.us Submit "EM: A detour to the lands" to StumbleUpon Submit "EM: A detour to the lands" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Schmuldvich -
    Nice update, EM. Keep your head up and let us know how it all goes!
    Dragon's Tail -
    Sounds like my house, cept in the middle of the woods with nobody around for a mile in any direction. I have "trash" scattered about in the form of aluminum cans that I'm in the process of melting down to make ingots. My house is dumpy and poverty looking, but it keeps me warm and dry. Humans don't need much to live. Eye opener to people I share it with for sure. Nothing automated out here, just lots of chores to keep everything running. I admire the primitive lifestyle, because at the end of the day, it's peaceful.