Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

View RSS Feed

Andro

Infinite Degrees of Right

Rate this Entry
Our dualistic perception demands that one side always prevails over another. You cannot be good and bad at the same time, right? You cannot be simultaneously happy and sad, is it not? And if you are right about something, then someone else MUST be wrong, wouldn’t you agree?

Pretty simple, right?

Most conflicts and arguments arise from the premise that in any given debate, only one side can be right while the other must necessarily be wrong. This idea is deeply rooted in our collective subconscious due to centuries of indoctrination into a dualistic world view that has divided us in more ways than can be counted.

The concept of separateness and division has done us an immense disservice, wreaking havoc on personal connections as well as fueling the worst atrocities that mankind has managed to inflict upon itself for millennia of recorded history.

The fact that Sciences, Religions and a plethora of Spiritual Teachings all point towards a singular origin of our entire reality, makes this idea all the more ludicrous and frustrating; they are all saying the same thing, but still manage to fight over it! How insane is that?

You may be thinking to yourself; "This all sounds very nice, but how does it relate to the very important argument that I'm currently having with my spouse/child/parent/neighbor? I'm pretty sure that I'm right about how [insert any subject] should be done!!"

To put it in the simplest words possible; for you to be "right", NO ONE else needs to be "wrong".

Period.

You can stop your internal dialog.

Your point might be more valid or hold more merit, but it doesn't make your "opponent" wrong. It could just make them a bit less... right... Maybe...

It's a continuum, not a polarity. That's all.

Philosophically (and therefore, practically) speaking, two seemingly opposing perspectives can coexist simultaneously without any contradiction across the same continuum. And yet, we are somehow programmed to see this single continuum as divided into 'opposing polarities'.

This peculiar phenomenon, often seen as a paradox, is in fact the stuff which our entire Reality Construct is founded on. Everything that can be perceived, sprung out of a primordial Unity! Whether you call it the Big Bang, the Breath of God, Source Code or Origin, it matters not; they are all one and the same.

This may seem as taking this simple concept of right & wrong a bit too far, but it only goes to show how essential this perspective is to our entire world view.

It touches everything.

While it seems that Duality is an essential mechanism in the world of forms and appearances, it is nothing more than a divisive agent, constantly twisting and eroding our connection to our true nature. Deeply reconsidering our concepts of "right" and "wrong" is a significant step on The Path of Return to a more Unified Perception.

Adopting the idea of 'Infinite Degrees of Right' doesn’t call for an ego trip and it doesn’t mean we can now look down on everyone around us and feel like some sort of higher authority. On the contrary, it can and should be a means to become liberated from the constant and mostly self-imposed need to prove and justify ourselves through perpetual conflict and a false sense of superiority.

In the classic example of the thermometer, what is being measured is neither 'heat' nor 'cold', only temperature. No one can say exactly where 'cold' ends and 'hot' begins. What one perceives as 'comfortably warm', another may perceive as 'slightly chilly'. Who's right? And who's wrong?

On the "Scale" of the Reality Continuum, there are no polarities and only one thing is 'measured'.

While the Degrees may differ, the Scale remains the same.

Submit "Infinite Degrees of Right" to Digg Submit "Infinite Degrees of Right" to del.icio.us Submit "Infinite Degrees of Right" to StumbleUpon Submit "Infinite Degrees of Right" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

tAlc -
    Right & Wrong seem like inversions of One Thing. Or expressions of the force that composes 'It'.

A ''seemingly'' opposite force going difference ways is ''Right'' and ''Wrong''. They are serving difference functions.

Weeks ago I spoke about dual-composite and you suggested I re-read the Emerald Tablet.

Here in this Blog of yours, you're talking about a Primordial Unity... Unity of what, if it always was just ''one thing''... One Thing according to you back then, is just One Thing, no Unity! I mentioned Unities and you were rejecting what I was saying. Told me to re-read the Emerald Tablet.

You said people can stop their internal dialog as if they cannot offer a greater ''Right'' then what you are presenting here. lol I guess according to you, people can be ''wrong''.
    Andro -
    For those who don't "get it", no explanation will help.

For those who "get it", no explanation is necessary.

You are not grasping the essence of what is written here, and it's not my job to explain it.

But I will nevertheless add a simple illustration to elaborate on this, for other people who may be interested.

Let's say we throw a stone upon quiet waters. The impact causes concentric circular ripples in the water.

Let's say the Point of Impact is "Ground Zero" or "The Truth".

The farther the ripples are from the Point of Impact, the farther they are from the "truth".

This does not make them "wrong" in any way, but merely farther "distanced" from the "right".

But none of the ripples is ever "wrong". Their Origin is in Unity/One Thing, no matter how "far removed" from it they are.

Note: There is no "contradiction" whatsoever between "One Thing", "Unity" and "Diversity". Just different "modalities" of the same.

Back to our illustration:

If some ripples are very, very far away from the "Point of Origin", we may even refer to them as "absolutely wrong", but this is not the case.

They are merely farther removed/distanced from our "Ground Zero".

Instead of grasping the Continuum Principle within Unity, you chose to live with mentally imagined Dichotomies.

And still, you are not "wrong". You're just elsewhere on the Continuum of "Right" than I am.

Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by tAlchemist
    Right & Wrong seem like inversions of One Thing. Or expressions of the force that composes 'It'.

A ''seemingly'' opposite force going difference ways is ''Right'' and ''Wrong''. They are serving difference functions.

Weeks ago I spoke about dual-composite and you suggested I re-read the Emerald Tablet.

Here in this Blog of yours, you're talking about a Primordial Unity... Unity of what, if it always was just ''one thing''... One Thing according to you back then, is just One Thing, no Unity! I mentioned Unities and you were rejecting what I was saying. Told me to re-read the Emerald Tablet.

You said people can stop their internal dialog as if they cannot offer a greater ''Right'' then what you are presenting here. lol I guess according to you, people can be ''wrong''.
    Updated 4 Weeks Ago at 08:02 AM by Andro
    tAlc -
    This ''Ground Zero'' you are speaking of is Being. It is One Thing. It is ''No-Thing''. It is the ''Point of Origin'' you are referring to.

This continuum principal you are speaking of is akin to the musical scale a former member back in 2016 brought up and used to illustrate the ''One Thing'' so others may understand.

More ''Right'' is akin to the ''Pitch'' being increased as the Note goes up along the musical scale and repeats back at ''Ground Zero'' as it goes up the octave.

Does this show you now, that I've grasped what you're saying?

Existence, is the Body and Soul or according to you, the ''Spirit'' and it is ''All''. This of course, means that Reality is a Continuum. From the Abyss, and up to the Heavens, and back down, ''Doh'' making its way up to the last note as it goes up the octave and makes its way back to ''Ground Zero''.

This is the Self-Transformation of Alchemy or Magic, this is the ''Sex'' that the One Thing does to itself.

I just don't agree with one thing that you are boldly stating to be true.

You can forget about me living with ''imagined dichotomies'' and not having grasped this continuum principal.

If memory serves me correct, you said there is only ''One Thing'' and not ''Two'' of anything. Shortly after, (or was it before but it doesn't matter) you said that the One starts to have sex with itself.

The Books of Old say to understand the Philosophy one should go out and seek into Nature.

This is what I've done. In Nature, I see lots of copulation which begets Unity. A Dualistic-Unity.

Look at everything you point at in order to illustrate to others what you want them to see. Everything you point at other than Ground Zero, are Dualistic, water is not simply water, it is composed of more than one thing.

We observe and learn this when studying nature and science. What do you think all of this teaches us with ''The Light of Knowing''... That maybe the Knowing is possibly too a Dualistic-Unity.

You say Point of Origin or ''Ground Zero'' as if this ''Ground'' ''Zero'' doesn't have its own ''Point of Origin'' in Two and its Unity arguably being a Dualistic-Unity.

I stopped calling you Father, and recently you're talking like the God-Father with these kinds of posts, I like it!

Don't think for a second that people won't come up with counter-points... You've done a lot of this in the past weeks.
    Updated 4 Weeks Ago at 06:20 PM by tAlc
    Andro -
    I'm merely sharing my personal observations. I'm not really interested in "debating" them.

I also don't make any claims to convey any sort of "Absolute Truth". Think of it what you want, or even better, ignore it completely.

But IMO, as long as you can't grasp the "One Thing" Principle and how it is also simultaneously ex-pressed in diversity/multiplicity, without any contradictions whatsoever, we don't really have much to discuss.
    tAlc -
    On some of my own blogs, there is an Andro making an appearance giving his own two cents from what he read from my blog(s).

Nothing against you. I don't respond every time nor do I expect you to. Debate or not, I want to offer my counter-points, if you aren't game, others might be in the future, though debating isn't the sole purpose of why I'm giving my two cents here.

What I've said in the past a few times and will continue to do, is to offer my perspective during times like this, when I believe I have a decent and helpful counter-point for something that doesn't sit well with me and sometimes might not agree with.

''Ex-Press'' is akin to the Breathing Universe.

This ''Ex-Press'' is a simultaneous interchange of these ''seemingly'' opposite forces, In and Out, Up and Down, the Ball and All still the same, only because of the Marriage of these two Genders.

What I don't think you're grasping from what I'm saying, is that the One Thing is a Dualistic-Unity, a Rebis, Two-Thing, its origin is with Two. Before Humans, or Chickens, there is an Egg and a Fertilizer for it. Two Lights. Two Seeds.

Some of these things you are saying I'm not grasping, I have... I'm starting to think it's the other way around.

You said there are no wrongs, so obviously there can only be ''truths'', and I disagree with one of yours. I made no mention of any ''absolute truth'' adding an extra word in there like that can kind of sometimes change the meaning of sentences.
    Updated 4 Weeks Ago at 09:03 PM by tAlc
    Andro -
    One Thing is a Dualistic-Unity, a Rebis, Two-Thing, its origin is with Two.
    Not "originally", not prior to ex-pression in Duality/Diversity.

The ex-pression/manifestation into diversity/multiplicity is referred to in Kabbalistic terms as "Ma'ase B'rashit", or "Act of Genesis".

But I personally find your definitions technically valid in the domain of already mixed/mingled/ex-pressed Matter.

This starts to look to me like a non-argument. We're likely talking about "one thing" in different realms/stages, specifically "pre" and "post" ex-pression in Diversity.

I'm not talking about this or that "Matter" for alchemy or cooking or procreating or whatever as being non-dual, because it is indeed a Composite Mingled Mixture of Principles.

I'm talking about the "Absolute" ONE, beyond time, space, expression, creation and perception.

Even assigning a "number" to it, is akin to confining it in a perceptual/conceptual mental "box".

The Tao begot one.
    One begot two.
    Two begot three.
    And three begot the ten thousand things.
    - Tao Te Ching - Lao Tzu - Chapter 42
    Updated 4 Weeks Ago at 11:24 AM by Andro
    tAlc -
    Yeah, I see what you're saying in regards to ''Absolute'' One.

Ultimately, it begins and ends with One.

The End. No argument. No debate.

The Tao is already complete. It has no beginning. It has no end.

Here's the thing...

Maybe because of the possible simultaneous interchange of Two which has always been there, which beget One at its central focal point, since this would be constant, there would be ''Absolute'' and seemingly no other ''origin point'' because it cannot possibly be observed as a stand alone, other than observing the same modalities of One through the Two Lights of Thinking.

A model for this would look like: -1 < 0 > 1+

Two Lights join, Two Thoughts, One Conclusion, One Light of Knowing, One Mind, One Tao, One Matter.

I don't see how anyone can say that I'm failing to grasp the principals One Thing, by what I'm saying here. There isn't any way for you to refute what I'm saying, and there isn't much of anything I think I can do to prove my model.

We're at a stalemate in regards to who's ''further'' right or accurate. But nonetheless, I still think my perspective is important for readers which is why I wanted to speak a bit of my mind here on this blog. Not to debate. Just a counter-perspective.
    Updated 4 Weeks Ago at 06:00 PM by tAlc
    tAlc -
    Sorry for flooding your blog with my BS. All of it, was me not wanting accept certain aspects of what I feel is and was ''truth. I don't like the reality of ''No-Thing'' but it ultimately doesn't matter what I think, because ''it'' (''I'') is not ''me'' (according to my understanding).

Thank you for this blog and taking time dealing with me. I've had time to reflect and I have.