Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

View RSS Feed

elixirmixer

Another day - Another failure

Rate this Entry
So it seems I'm a pretty shitty alchemist. My wife even told me to give up on it because of how epic I've been failing lately.

I wasted $40 worth of Sage oil, trying to volatize the salts. The liquid went brown like Steve kalec's and I got a white fume like Steve, however, no crystals formed. I got jipped.

Does anyone have an explanation as to why my salts didn't volatize? All I can think of is remembering Andro saying something about the salt having to be very pure, maybe mine didn't fit the bill?

Submit "Another day - Another failure" to Digg Submit "Another day - Another failure" to del.icio.us Submit "Another day - Another failure" to StumbleUpon Submit "Another day - Another failure" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Seth-Ra -
    Don't try to replicate Steve Kalec's "work", as he's quite the sham artist himself.
    You'll have enough failures doing genuine attempts at genuine work; don't waste effort replicating hacks and hack jobs.

Just my unsolicited 2 worth.
    Andro -
    Actually I have replicated Kalec salt volatilization work with an essential oil, it does work, but it is not the "alchemical" way, just as ethanol is not the alchemical "Mercury".

I don't think Kalec is necessarily a sham, however his (published) work - IMO - remains in the domain of Spagyria.
    Seth-Ra -
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro
    Actually I have replicated Kalec salt volatilization work with an essential oil, it does work, but it is not the "alchemical" way, just as ethanol is not the alchemical "Mercury".

I don't think Kalec is necessarily a sham, however his (published) work - IMO - remains in the domain of Spagyria.
    I have watched Kalec on FB as the "social media admin" of the IAG; he's a hack-cult leader with an ego complex, boastful claims, and very little to show for it, both in actual working, and in his treatment of others. He's a dogmatic, wanna be adept.
    I have nothing good to say of him or his cheap chemistry tricks.
    His "Stone of Antiquity" is literally nothing more than an acacia extract; a DMT compound, and by his own admission the only type of supposed "transmute" he's done, is a special gold-plating of tin, that can fool most, but isn't a true transmute.

His whole work is a waste of time and study.
    Andro -
    I didn't know all that

Although this hole IAG is a quite... amusing

I only know that a fixed plant salt can be altered and "lifted" with an essential oil, and that it is not "alchemical".

I don't really follow FB, not even my own 'work' page... LOL

But I'm sure Awani will like the "Stone of Antiquity = DMT compound" concept

Quote Originally Posted by Seth-Ra
    I have watched Kalec on FB as the "social media admin" of the IAG; he's a hack-cult leader with an ego complex, boastful claims, and very little to show for it, both in actual working, and in his treatment of others. He's a dogmatic, wanna be adept.
    I have nothing good to say of him or his cheap chemistry tricks.
    His "Stone of Antiquity" is literally nothing more than an acacia extract; a DMT compound, and by his own admission the only type of supposed "transmute" he's done, is a special gold-plating of tin, that can fool most, but isn't a true transmute.

His whole work is a waste of time and study.
    elixirmixer -
    Is ethanol required during distillation in order to lift the salts?

What am I doing wrong Andro!!! I really really want to work this one out but I'm stumped!!
    Awani -
    DMT compound sounds like Ibogaine... some sort of exract.

DMT is DMT, Iboga is Iboga... these extracts and elixirs and waters etc., made from this stuff, is crap.

What is better? Having sex with a real human or a blowup doll?

However if Kalec did manage to get a good batch of The Blood of Osiris, then that is a worthwhile pursuit. Regarding his hack-cult leader qualities, well that is a possible side-effect due to the intenste Jerusalem Syndrome one might experience. If the experience is powerful and profound then that is a possibility... and WHY it is essential to do these substances under a shamanic umbrella, because it does help to put it into the right context... so one can avoid this. Based on his writings he did not do it in a shamanic manner...

Anyway that is my review of the whole matter, without having met the person in question nor been part of the FB group.

Kiorionis -
    From my perspective I’ll ask, which element is responsible for “lifting” things?
    elixirmixer -
    Air
    elixirmixer -
    Oh yeah, I tried the ethanol thing with the leftovers. It did bring the brown colour over which I'm evaporating now, but as far as I can tell, not much salt action going on....

I may have simply started with not enough salts, or impure salts, or maybe my lab just hates me but yeah, ethanol was not a miracle worker
    Salazius -
    The key is saponification in this Starkey experiment (not Kalec's but Starkey !).

Make soap. Distill alchemical glycerin. It can work, but it will depend on quantities of Principles involved. Otherwise it will not work. You work is not wasted no worries.