Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

View RSS Feed

elixirmixer

Its time to face facts

Rate this Entry
ElixirMixer is giving up making elixirs.

In over 10 long years, this hobby has done very little for me. Sure I know a herb or two for a bad cough or a saw knee. Sure I have a general idea about biology and medicine. But in truth this art has done me much more harm than good. Cost me and absolute fortune, as you all well know, and has led to mostly feelings of failure and worthlessness more than anything else; and hey, let's not even mention how badly it's isolated me from family and friends... As a failing alchemist that's just part of the job... And at the end of the day, I did this to help people and I can't even help myself so.... That's it. Done.

If any Aussies are looking to buy second hand lab gear then let me know.

I am just working on making the Stone only from now on. Spagyrics can get fucked. She used and abused me.

Let my intensive lifetime failure be a lesson to any beginners, not that you shouldn't take up the art. Just take it slowly and master the basics instead of diving into an ocean without a lifejacket.

Over and out.

Submit "Its time to face facts" to Digg Submit "Its time to face facts" to del.icio.us Submit "Its time to face facts" to StumbleUpon Submit "Its time to face facts" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

JDP -
    Yes, it is long overdue time that you finally face an incontrovertible fact: no secret solvent = no Stone! No amount of tap-dancing around this is going to change that fact. No "Pulvis Solaris", no "condensed rays of the Moon", no "SM", no "AC/DC", no amount of weird uncorroborated claims and voodoo rituals are going to alter this anymore than they will stop gravity from working. Until you discover how to prepare it (by means of the appropriate combinations of substances and reactions, which is how alchemists always worked, no matter what some of them maliciously want to mislead you into thinking otherwise; alchemy was, is and always will be an EMPIRICAL science) you will only fail. Hocus Pocus approaches won't work. You might as well try "rain-dancing" to produce the Stone! But it's NOT going to be a substitute for the secret solvent. THERE ARE NO SUBSTITUTES! You don't discover how to prepare it, YOU FAIL. No "ifs" or "buts" here.
    elixirmixer -
    What would we do without you JDP!

I would love to merge brains with you in regards to your chymical transmutation work. I think I'd have a lot to contribute.

Obviously its unlikely I'll get the chance since I highly doubt your looking for a partner hahahaha.

Have you involved swirling vortexes in your work? (Such as is created with a magnetic stirrer.)

Nice chatting as usual.
    JDP -
    Don't worry, one of these days (in the distant future, though) I will be releasing much more detailed information about "chymical" transmutations. If you are still around, you will be able to carry some of these out on your own and prove to yourself the empirical reality of transmutation. Just don't expect to get rich, though. The majority of such processes do not produce enough silver or gold to even pay up for the cost of carrying out the processes. So you actually end up losing money, but you gain something priceless in exchange: certainty that you are not working on some sort of "mad" and "hopeless" endeavor, as most people nowadays would like to try to convince you of. Once you realize the reality of transmutation this big psychological obstacle is removed and you know that your efforts are certainly NOT in vain.

About "swirling vortexes": yes, I have magnetic stirrers. They come in very handy. And I don't just mean for the purpose of common chemical operations, but also for some "chymical" ones. The old "chymists" did not have things like electric stirrers, grinders, air-compressors, etc., they had to do such things by hand, or with animal or water power (if they had access to them.)
    elixirmixer -
    I would like to give the simple "silver & yeast" experiment. Could you give me some directions?
    Andro -
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer
    I am just working on making the Stone only from now on.
    A few days later...

I would love to merge brains with you in regards to your chymical transmutation work.
    And then...

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer
    I would like to give the simple "silver & yeast" experiment. Could you give me some directions?
    After solemnly and dramatically declaring that you're "just working on making the stone from now on", now you want to talk "chymical transmutation" and also get directions for "silver and yeast". Not long ago you wanted to volatilize salts with oil and were asking about ethanol. Last year you were advertising for apprentices as if you're some alchemical mentor and now you're bitching about your miserable failures. Who knows what you're going to come up with next. No wonder you don't seem to be getting where you want to. Just set your definite purpose and define your research goals clearly, devise a model, test it in the lab, refine (or change) the model accordingly, repeat/continue. Your mind is way to scattered to (paraphrasing your buddy) "accomplish anything worthwhile"

Get your shit together and focus, man! Cut down the levels of distortion, modulate the volume, improve your signal-to-noise ratio - and then the goodies will start flowing. Maybe

And rid yourself of any preconceived notions that you may have about pretty much everything!

Also, don't just erratically ask/throw around questions without providing some context first. Questions like "how do I volatilize" or "can you give me directions on silver and yeast" are less likely to lead to helpful replies. Contrary to the popular saying, there IS such a thing as a "dumb question". However, the "dumb" is not in "what", but in "how" you ask. Bring some fucking context to the table first, ideally from your own lab work so far.

All said in good spirits!

You can thank me later
    Updated 3 Days Ago at 05:35 AM by Andro
    elixirmixer -
    Yes I agree, and feel the intended Spirit of your words. I am hoping this year is the year that I "moderate" myself and my behaviour.

And yes I need to stay focused, the silver thing is just an interesting curiosity but certainly, not quite relevant to my goals.

I admit it did take me some time to realise how little I knew about Alchemy before coming here, and if fact, I have realised that I know very little.

I wont be advertising for apprentices any time soon....

To be honest Andro, I think there is some seriously broken stuff going on inside of me, but I'm sure its nothing we cant sort out over this year.

I do try to contribute, however I can see that without pictures and well structured posts, my "help" or "contributions" can be rather hard to access...

I have volatized some salts, just not enough for collection, and not using the typical essential oils way...

I'm just tired Andro, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, physically basically fucked; scared that I'm going to run out of life before I make it to a refuelling "check-point".

I've ben trying to "sort myself out" for a long time. And my excuses wont do me any good, only more effort and discipline.

I appreciate your sincere chastising. Hopefully next year will be more 'congratulations' rather than condemnation. And ill be doing my best to make that happen.

Correct scientific method would certainly help manage the labwork, and the emotional issues that stem from it, for sure...
    elixirmixer -