Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

View RSS Feed

Kibric

" Civilisation is a deception " - A Hermit's Guide to Longevity

Rate this Entry
Using the environment - Continued

The observation of the natural world is paramount if you are going to use it to achieve longevity.
The best teachers are patterns. Nature is full of them.
What might be seen as abnormal behaviour might have an important reason behind it.
Animals do get some leisure time but a lot of the time everything they do has a reason behind it.
Where do animals go when they get sick ?

Geophagia

" For centuries, indigenous peoples have routinely used clays (decomposed rock, silica and aluminum or magnesium salts, absorbed organic materials) in food preparation. The clays were used to remove toxins (e.g., in aboriginal acorn breads); as condiments or spices (in the Philippines, New Guinea, Costa Rica, Guatemala, the Amazon and Orinoco basins of South America); and as food during famine (4). Clays were also often used in medications (e.g., kaolin clay in Kaopectate). But the most common occasion for eating dirt in many societies (the only occasion in some societies) is pregnancy. When sperm and egg collide, the world changes. That is obvious. But why pregnant women eat dirt is not.

Eating dirt, then, rather than being abnormal, may be an evolutionary adaptation acquired over millennia of productive and not-so-productive interactions with bacteria—an adaptation that enhances fetal immunity and increases calcium, eliminates gastric upset, detoxifies some plant and animal toxins, and perhaps boosts mothers’ immunity at times when the hormones of pregnancy (13), factors produced by the fetus (14), changes in the complement system, replacement of MHC class I antigens in the trophoblast (15), and who knows what else suppress the mother’s natural immunologic desire to destroy her fetus—a miracle, nearly. "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3020602/

Below is information on how Siddhar's achieve longevity through certain regimes and the use of plants and minerals.

Principles of Siddha
" Siddhars have recommended certain basic guidelines to be followed for healthy living which includes observation of certain regimen as mentioned in “Pini anugaa vidhi” literally meaning rules that help prevent disease. Their concept of “Kaayakarpam” for prevention of diseases is highly admirable as it makes one’s body resistant to infections. Their concepts pertaining to Habitat, Seasons, Diet (Thinai/Nilam, Naal ozhukkam, Kaala ozhukkam, Unavu) are preventive as well as adaptive.

1. Pini Anugaa Vidhi (Prevention of diseases)
“Thinna mirandulae sikka adakkaamar...” -- Therayar
“ Paal unbhom; ennai perin veneerir kulippom…” -- Therayar
The above verses illustrate the do's and don’ts in all our activities. These preventive measures against illness are summarized below:

i. Drink boiled water
ii. Take meals twice a day
iii.Take diluted buttermilk and melted ghee
iv. Take sufficient quantity of milk and milk products
v. Never eat root tubers except yam
vi. Never consume food that was prepared the previous day
vii. Always have food after feeling hungery
viii. Always consume sour curd
ix. Practice walking after a good diet
x. Drink water at the end of meals
xi. Use hot water while taking oil bath.
xii. Never suppress any natural urge
xiii. Never sleep during daytime
xiv. Always indulge in healthy sexual acts
xv. Take emetic medication once in six months
xvi. Take purgative medication every four months in a year
ii. Take snuff medications eight times in a year
viii. Shave hairs weekly
xix. Take oil bath once in every four days
xx. Apply eye medications once in three days
xxi. Never smell fragrance during midnight
xxii. Never reside close to dust and articles related to dust
xxiii. Never sleep under a tree shade or near a burning lamp

These rules when followed strictly, keep away death. These simple preventive principles have an in depth scientific value though they were designed much before the advent of modern science. These rules have been followed as routine custom through several generations.

2. Kaaya Karpam (Gerontology)
”Udambar azhiyil uyirar azhivar…”-- Thirumandiram by Thirumoolar
The above quote states that maintaining a healthy body is essential as it holds a healthy mind which is required to attain salvation. Adoption of preventive techniques to maintain one’s body health helps to retain youthfulness and attain spiritual perfection.“Kaaya Karpam” (rejuvenation and longevity) was practiced as a preventive measure against illness. Practicing Kaaya Karpam also provides acquired immunity (seyarkai vanmai) to our body. Kaaya Karpam acts in 2 ways i.e., prevention against disease and restoration of health during illness. Thus, it is preventive as well as constructive. Kaaya Karpam is studied under three categories viz.

i.Mooligai Karpam
ii.Thathu and Seeva Karpam
iii. Yoga Karpam
i) Mooligai Karpam

This deals with drugs used in Siddha for Kaaya Karpam (rejuvenation and longevity) which have plant origin
Ex: - Fruits of Phyllanthus emblica (Amla)

ii) Thathu and Seeva Karpam
This deals with minerals and animal products used as Kaaya Karpam preparations. This also includes “Muppu” (A combination of three salts) - a very unique preparation in Siddha. "

http://tkdl.res.in/tkdl/langdefault/...les.asp?GL=Eng

Phyllanthus emblica
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phyllanthus_emblica

" Phyllanthus emblica is highly nutritious and could be an important dietary source of vitamin C, amino acids, and minerals. The plant also contains phenolic compounds, tannins, phyllembelic acid, phyllembelin, rutin, curcum-inoids, and emblicol. "
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20506691

Kaya Kalpa methods adopted by Siddars: a scientific approach
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/1a2...cc60049738.pdf

Using the environment stories

The story of Shui Xian
" Many many years ago there was a farmer near the foothills of the Wuyi mountains. He started farming as a young boy and found deep contentment in his life. Every so often, villagers would set out to visit the big cities, to travel the country. He would always shake his head at the offer to go along. “I am happy. When I want to see the world, I can watch the clouds go by, or wonder where the water flowing down stream started its journey.”
Most farmers used mules to plough the fields, but our hero had only a shovel. His rows were not straight, but bent to the natural give in the soil, twisting this way and that. He used the same shovel for 60 years without making repairs because he could feel what dirt was clear and what dirt hid rocks and clay. He tossed his seeds every which way- Taro over here and yams over there, and harvested enough to live.
One day a county magistrate came and said that the farmer’s land was being seized by the local administrator for a waterworks project, tossing him a bag of coin as settlement. “Keep it,” the farmer said. I have no need. The villagers thought he was crazy, but he walked off, deciding to follow the stream to its source and see where the clouds came from.
For days he walked, picking roots to eat along the way, sleeping by the water, and singing to himself. Deep in the mountains, where the mist was clinging to the rocky peaks, he heard another voice- the first in weeks. “Come sit friend. I could hear your happy wandering approach for days. What brings you here?”
The farmer saw a wild-looking man with a long beard and knotted hair. “My farm was taken, so I thought I would walk until I found the source of the clouds and the stream.”
The wild-man raised a bushy eyebrow. “What have you eaten?”
“I have my shovel to dig up roots.”
“Let me see your shovel.” The farmer handed over his only possession to the wild-man. “There is not a scratch on it. I don’t even see marks from being refinished. Is it new?”
“No, I have always used that shovel, and never once repaired it.”
“You are an interesting find indeed. Most men that come here are seeking immortality, treasures, wisdom. You seek only to find the place where water and clouds come from… I like you, my friend.” The wild-man got up. “Follow me.”
The farmer and the wild-man hiked for days up to the highest peaks of Wuyi, until they were above the mist and clouds. “Look, my friend. The clouds start here, they rain down the mountains, become the streams, flow out to sea and again rise up to the sky.”
“So there is no beginning?”
“How should I know- I am just a wild man. Come, look at this plant. It grows out of the cliffs, reaching for the purest mist, hidden from view. Pick some. Take it with you, and return to the cliffs whenever you need more. It is more valuable than your farm, for it will remind you of this place.” The wild-man disappeared, leaving the farmer alone with the tea plants jutting out of the rocky mountain face.
The farmer picked the tea, and hiked back down the mountain. He steeped the leaves in the water of the stream he had followed. As he sipped it, his mind again floated upwards to the cave of the wild-man and the misty mountain peaks. He returned to his village, sharing the tea, and asking everyone to “shui xian” or give thanks to the immortal, before drinking. "

https://verdanttea.com/what-is-the-story-of-shui-xian/

Shui Hsien tea
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shui_Hsien_tea

Plants used in Taoism
https://taobabe.wordpress.com/tag/plants/

Submit "" Civilisation is a deception " - A Hermit's Guide to Longevity" to Digg Submit "" Civilisation is a deception " - A Hermit's Guide to Longevity" to del.icio.us Submit "" Civilisation is a deception " - A Hermit's Guide to Longevity" to StumbleUpon Submit "" Civilisation is a deception " - A Hermit's Guide to Longevity" to Google

Updated 06-09-2018 at 08:18 PM by Kibric

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments