Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "The White Beard" of the philosopher's

"The White Beard" of the philosopher's

There is little evidence in the books of the philosopher's about that famous beard, essential in the way of cinnabar, popularized by way Mr. Caro. In addition, they are often envious.

Examples include:

White beard: the alchemists and Kabbalists have designated their primary agent.This attribute venerable allegorically that adorns the face of our Heavenly Father means several things.First, the white beard of the "Ancient of days," Grand Ancestor, indicates that the agent is essential for all eternity.Besides, the name of this material is it not included in the three "words" or verbs?
    St. Jean did we did not learn his gospel I, 1: "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God and nothing has been done without him"
    But here lies not only this comparison, there is more: there is an extreme resemblance and similarity between the curly white beard and the Salt of the Wise, when it is treated and exposed in some way.Indeed, in the preliminary stage in the preparation, each particle of salt, sealed in a jar (but may evaporate) becomes very white twisted son in contact with air, which portray a curly hair and white at the top of the vase.
    The researcher was careful to keep so confused crystal formation with "hairs" that appear in the reign of Venus ... priestly way.

Dictionary of Alchemical Philosophy by Kamala-Jnana.

It is a mysterious point for the researcher is how to obtain or manufacture the beard of the Lord! While many philosophers have spoken, none have unveiled its manufacture. It must take a small aluminum pot in which we will pay a little mercury. Mercury is allowed some time a day for example, then withdrew it.We then realize that the bottom of the vessel is stripped, glossy surface. On these sites pickled, it puts a piece of philosophical salt in its solid form.We will be happy after one or two hours waiting to see the development of many twisted son, which seem to grow from the bottom of the vase. It collects the 'hair' as white as snow, and are put away the days and moisture ... as NATIVE SEL.
    This salt is the first and last bath Naaman, as shown in Flamel symbolizing a sword wrapped in coils 7, the first and last do not go halfway to the width of the blade representing the Pierre during the 7 injections of salt.

Pierre Phoebus. 50ème Imperator des FARC 50th Imperator FARC

The text, however, feels obliged to mention in particular the first and last. Pourquoi ? Why? Because the alchemist knows that first and last bath ... it will administer a half-dose of salt to the Stone ...½ dose, yes, but not by quantity ...but in strength, in other words, here and here only that the operator will use its salt in the form of "Beard of the Lord."

Dissertation by alchemy THEOURGIA.

This is not revealing a secret than to say that these three signatures (among others) are those of Sir Roger Caro.

We know that while some have managed to produce this special salt, others still stumble on his achievement by lack of knowledge of a simple sleight of hand.
    It is not in our principles to keep by us, or only to members of the Association of useful information (if we, of course).
    We shall therefore speak a little of that famous beard.

Aluminum, we dare not write aluminum as the metal because you can be fluent in the hands is rarely one that corresponds to the formula Al is indeed too soft for many common uses.
    Aluminum in contact with air cover almost instantly with a layer of oxide. This oxide, alumina is corundum, it is very hard. It is an electrical insulator, it does not amalgamate with mercury and chemically repels.
    So you can try to do as advised by the Imperator, you will have no bright spot in the bottom. By cons, if this layer of alumina is removed (stripped of aluminum remaining in the absence of air), there is confusion.
    I do this on an aluminum plate well cleaned with sandpaper and slightly distorted bowl-shaped, (so that the liquid remains in place) I place a drop of mercury, then a little saturated solution of potassium in my lime obtained by treating the ash oak rotted, (do not worry, you can test noncanonical from trade KOH).

At this time, simply destroy the layer of alumina, scraping the surface of aluminum with a stainless steel wool. We see little by little the aluminum cover with a layer of mercury well amalgamated. If at this point, add a drop of mercury, it spreads immediately as if it were water.
    When the desired area is bright as a mirror, we reverse the mercury and potash surplus.With a wad of cloth tightly, it should wipe the surface and give the proper solution of potash.

IMPORTANT: For this work, you'll handle mercury and potash.

For mercury, you know all the toxicity, even at room temperature and use a mask even for very small quantities.What will happen for sure is, when stripping the stainless steel wool, projecting microscopic drops out of the aluminum plate, because this mesh of steel wool.It is therefore imperative to have scratching movements slow and measured and do that in a dish to collect the drops of mercury.

At this stage, you can still keep the steel wool by hand, it is big enough that your fingers are not in contact with mercury. When you use your pot, the risk is of a different nature.The solution to your solid potash in very little water releases a lot of heat already, but when it is in contact with aluminum, a further rise in temperature will occur with evolution of gas almost invisible but suffocating.This will require more of the mask (and glasses) will hold the steel wool and then stamp the cloth with a large wooden grip (the one used to manipulate the test works well). Having thus be avoided privacy of your fingerprints through a bath of potash, think carefully collect the drops of mercury and potash past neutralize with vinegar pickles.

After that ... we expect that the beard grows.
    In the photos, you can see that the two ladles tested do not react the same way, evidence that they are not the same metal, despite their appearance.

Preparation of an aluminum plate:
    First, the mercury deposited does not amalgamate.
    Secondly, the surface scraped with a stainless steel wool amalgamated.
    Thirdly, a layer of potash solution covers the amalgamated mercury.

The following images of the plate are taken from 30 in 30 minutes.We realize that the beard begins to limit the area and blended spreads between mercury and aluminum.During the process the mercury is released and finds himself pushed down to the point where it accumulates. . .

Continue...
    Last edited by True Initiate; 10-17-2009 at 11:52 AM.

Other views and information from other trials.

The curious thing is like a human beard, after the harvest of hair, a new growth can occur spontaneously.

True Puffer
    Last edited by True Initiate; 10-17-2009 at 05:59 AM.

Blog Entries
    I have read this article in french on the site : http://alchimie-pratique.org.chez-al.../articles.html
    Same thing for your article on saltpeter.

I'm sorry to say that there is no use at all of aluminum in the Opus.
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

Blog Entries
    Today I came across something that may be related.

If you check googlebooks for John Baptista Porta's "Natural Magick",
    on page 156 it shows a method to fix cinnabar, and then
    "from fixed cinnabar to draw out a Silver beard" - if you put it into the
    same vessel, and make a gentle fire under, Silver that is pure not mixed
    with Lead, will become hairy like a wood (probably should read 'wool'),
    that there is nothing more pleasant to behold.

I'm sorry to say that there is no use at all of aluminum in the Opus.
    Sal' was it called aluminum back then?

When I first read this post something struck a chord...years ago I was a
    gardener and we used to use a mercurious compound on the lawns to
    kill worms...it stops worm casks which cause patches on the lawn if walked on.
    I saw some of this white beard in the shed
    one day. It was where some of the worm killer was spilt.

I don't kill worms any more \o/ honestly

Ghislain

Just remembered It was a fungicide that
    just happened to kill worms as a side effect.

Mersil - mercurous chloride 28 mercuric chloride 14 WP May & Baker

Can't find much about it now.

I bet it was banned.

Ghislain

Blog Entries
    alum is/was a pretty popular sulphate salt which has aluminum in it.

Blog Entries
    I said there was no aluminium involved in the process I knew, but I suspect that someting can be done with it. I'm not yet arrived at that point in my researches concerning Cinnabar. But do not trust what Caro say... it can also be allegorical !
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

Here is a cool reaction between mercury and aluminium.

Ghislain

+ Reply to Thread