Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Practical Alchemy - An Introduction

Quote Originally Posted by theFool View Post
    But the herbs probabaly are not the "Green Lyon". Herbs could just mimick the colors, as aqua fortis does. Just my opinion.
    The "Green Lyon" is nothing but yet another "deckname" for the secret compound/composite/mixture of the alchemists. This "thing" cannot be found anywhere in nature. It has to be made on purpose. Man's intelligent and purposeful intervention is absolutely required. Nature does not make any such thing on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    THC and CBD are said to help in similar ways. From what I've read I think you keep those substances until the end right?
    THC and the cannabinoids and terpenes were integrated into the Quintessence ingressing into the fixed salts through several rotations.

I've been taking synthetic thyroid hormone since 2010, when the deficiency was diagnosed. At that time I was already using medical Cannabis and have continued to do so. Tinctures, smoking and ingesting Cannabis did not have the effect I am getting now with the thyroid using the Cannabis Quintessence.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    How much "wood soot" from your chimney did it take you to make the amount of 'Sal Armoniac' exhibited in your videos?

Have you tried experimenting with mud/clay, blood, urine, sweat, sperm, salt-water, or tears to produce what you call 'Sal Armoniac'? Any good results with any of these?
    One pound of soot.

No

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    The "Green Lyon" is nothing but yet another "deckname" for the secret compound/composite/mixture of the alchemists. This "thing" cannot be found anywhere in nature. It has to be made on purpose. Man's intelligent and purposeful intervention is absolutely required. Nature does not make any such thing on its own.

I disagree. The ‘Green Lion’ is a product of Nature, and the alchemist is unable to make it in the external lab.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

But the herbs probabaly are not the "Green Lyon". Herbs could just mimick the colors, as aqua fortis does. Just my opinion.
    Take an herb such as Celandine (mentioned by Ripley and recommended by Hollandus) treat it as the Green Lyon in JDP's quote. Process it as Ripley outlines using only the matters you get from the distillation. See if that doesn't transform your opinion into your experience.

I am not sure which "spagyrists" are you referring to, but I am referring to the actual ones from the 16th-17th centuries. The typical "analysis by fire" that the "chymists" from those times practiced consisted in putting the matter to be "analyzed" inside a distilling vessel (retort, cucurbit, alembic, etc.) and then giving it a gradually increasing fire until the vessel was glowing hot and no more volatile products were given off. That technique, I repeat, is lifted straight from the alchemists. With this technique, those chymists/spagyrists "analyzed" virtually all common substances available to the mankind of those times. But they never discovered anything like the secret solvent by manipulating simple naturally occurring substances by themselves.
    Yes, I too have many of those olde Chymystry bookes and am aware of what you are talking about. If you are willing to consider YWorth and Bolnest to be chymysts so do I. Bolnest for one buries the process for the solvent produced in more than one way in his various processes upon plants and animals and minerals. YWorth definitely had the Secret Solvent which he details the method in his Processus Mysterii Magni Philosophicus or An Open Entrance to the great Mysteries of the Ancient Philosophers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by z0 K View Post
    And I have received exactly what he descirbes: white fume, Blood of the Green Lyon which has the Secret Water (Secret Solvent) and Acetum accerimum (in the Water, but you have to be careful how it affects the armoniac). He then says after the comma, those things he described receiving from the fire are the means "by which all Bodies are reduced to their first Matter and the Body of Man preserved from all infirmities."
    z0 K, how could you know that what you call "Secret Water" is the Secret Solvent? According to your earlier quote:

Quote Originally Posted by z0 K View Post
    Then it gets more complicated. Either Au or Ag are prepared into a calx which is dissolved into the Secret Solvent which is then "cooked" into a dry red powder that would be the Transmutation Stone. Or Au or Ag is dissolved into the Secret Solvent without any previous processing.
    the Secret Solvent has to dissolve gold and silver. Have you seen that? Why do you call the substance Secret Solvent.

z0 K, how could you know that what you call "Secret Water" is the Secret Solvent? According to your earlier quote:

the Secret Solvent has to dissolve gold and silver. Have you seen that? Why do you call the substance Secret Solvent.
    The only way I could know is to make the stuff and see what it does. It makes the Vegetable Stone when used upon the purified Earth (fixed salts). I have said recently that I have not taken it to the calx of metals yet. The reason I stated being that the Secret Solvent had to be concentrated. Which is also the process of the Mercury Duplex. That requires preparing more experimental ratios of our Fire, Water, and Air. The natural pondus of Elements works with the Vegetable Stone but not with the Transmutation Stone as I understand the process. With one concentration stainless steel can be resolved into a light green whitish crystalline salt. Copper goes down easily into beautiful deep blue crystals.

Do you have an alternative proposition as to the origin of the Mercury of the Philosophers? I'd like to hear it.

I starting calling it Secret Solvent in homage to JDP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    I disagree. The ‘Green Lion’ is a product of Nature, and the alchemist is unable to make it in the external lab.
    Keep thinking. That must be why in hundreds of years of accumulated empirical experience by a drove of "puffers", "spagyrists" and "chymists" no one ever found one such natural matter that can perform what the alchemists describe.

Keep thinking. That must be why in hundreds of years of accumulated empirical experience by a drove of "puffers", "spagyrists" and "chymists" no one ever found one such natural matter that can perform what the alchemists describe.
    This is a common thing people do. "If I don't have it and he doesn't have it, you DEFINITELY don't have it".

You need to know what the stone is before you can create it.

+ Reply to Thread