Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Secrecy & Alchemical Initiations

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    What do you have inside your flask, Luxus?
    What do you have inside YOUR flask, Schmuldvich?

More often than not, you get what you give

Haha, truly though I just don't like sharing the details of my Work and felt this was an overshare on my part.
    Posting a picture of glass stoppers (if I remember correctly), now THAT is the very definition of oversharing

Blog Entries
    Haha, truly though I just don't like sharing the details of my Work and felt this was an overshare on my part.
    Why not?

If you cannot give answers you have no right to ask questions.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich
    What do you have inside your flask, Luxus?
    What do you have inside YOUR flask, Schmuldvich?

More often than not, you get what you give
    Says the person who will not engage in even private conversation about his work...

I have messaged you two+ times over the past year, first simply asking "Where are you at with the Great Work now?" and weeks later asking a more specific question. You didn't respond to either PM and chose to completely ignore me reaching out.

As prefaced in the very first PM I sent you last year, "However much you would like to share is fine (if anything at all)", an acceptable answer to any question asked is "I'm not telling". In my eyes that is always a respectable response to a question asked. Ignoring a question altogether though...now that's a little more spineless.

Luxus provided a perfectly adequate answer to my question, "I cannot say what starting matter I use as it is forbidden by the law that binds all alchemists."

I do not openly share the details of my Work, thus why I will not flagrantly share publicly what is inside my flask. I enjoy you taking interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Posting a picture of glass stoppers (if I remember correctly), now THAT is the very definition of oversharing
    Better watch out! Soon I might even share the color of the glass I am using!!

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Why not?

If you cannot give answers you have no right to ask questions.
    No.

This line of thinking does not sit well with me and never has.

I find each and every inquiry in any situation to be acceptable.

"There is no such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer."

The reason I do not share much is because I do not know much.

I haven't accomplished anything worthwhile.

Blog Entries
    Says the person who will not engage in even private conversation about his work...
    With a little difference, though... I DO engage in private conversations about my work... Just not with you, at this time. The reasons may be inferred from what is written below.

Also, I don't systematically ask people to share their work and/or what they have accomplished

I have even shared publicly what matters I worked with in the past and what I am working with now, which is more than most people here have done.

So your over-reaction is a bit overkill...

Besides, it would be (to me) much more acceptable if you would PM me with something like:

"Hey, this is what I'm doing/this is the stage I'm at, would it be OK to share what you're doing/what stage you're at?", etc...

So, you're genuinely welcome to give it another shot. I really mean this. There is no place in my heart and/or time in my day for grudges or animosity.

Yes, it is your full right to keep asking whatever you want of whomever you want. You are correct, each and every inquiry in any situation is acceptable (within this forum's Rules & Guidelines).

This being said, no one OWES anyone a reply, whether it is in PM or on the public forum.

Or otherwise put, you DO have the right to ask questions, but the same does not apply for receiving answers to them.

Especially if one of YOUR typical answers is along the lines of "I don't like sharing the details of my Work".

That's why I would rephrase a bit what Awani wrote... You can ask all the questions you want, but not sharing/bringing something to the table may significantly lower the chances of people replying and taking you persistent questioning tactics seriously.

Ignoring a question altogether though... now that's a little more spineless.
    No. It's not "spine-less". It's "spine-full"

It's perfectly OK for me not to reply to PMs that I personally don't think are worth replying to. Replying to each and every PM I am getting would take more time than I actually have.

Bringing something to the table before asking, as well as learning how to phrase one's questions - may get not just you, but all us much further along. IMO, of course

The most awesome stuff that I have learned from other Alchemists whom I have visited was always accompanied by first bringing something to the table myself.

this was an overshare on my part.
    Also, "oversharing" doesn't really sit well with the given explanation of "uneasiness" for deleting a pic with some plain glassware, does it?

I haven't accomplished anything worthwhile.
    Good to know. Then perhaps you could take it a bit easier when quote-debating the nature of 'our matter' and other similar topics?

------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 02-05-2018 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    So since basically all the basic info on SM is now publicly available, are we allowed now to talk opening about its manifestation?
    It seems no one knows anything worthwhile and no one is able to show anything of value...

What do you have to share?

Blog Entries
    no one is able to show anything of value...
    not publicly, but foster genuine relationships with others and you'll be surprised

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    not publicly, but foster genuine relationships with others and you'll be surprised
    Of course.

I want to see/hear what people will disclose publicly.

Of course.

Hi Mr. Schmuldvich

If you are after disclosure about SM then most of
    the information is here in this thread.

On the other hand if you are after disclosure of who
    has the SM then you may have to foster some closer
    relationships with our members ?

What exactly are you looking for ???

Blog Entries

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Glass stoppers... oh, no... it would be going too far.

+ Reply to Thread