Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Secrecy & Alchemical Initiations

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    And how is this "tutoring" supposedly happening? Through some mysterious "voices" in their heads? You know what happens when you start hearing "voices" in your head, don't you? You don't discover how to make the Stone, but you end up like this guy:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...D-officer.html
    This is nonsense IMO. If the debate is on this level I think everyone involved should re-evaluate their participation.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

My apologies to the members of Alchemy Forums if I have been a
    bit out spoken and juvenile in my responses.

Thanks to all those that have participated in this thread, I have gained
    something from each and every one of you.

Kind regards
    Black

Blog Entries
    I wasn't talking about you, rather the remark about people who have certain "powers" are equal to Lennon killers.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    How many people here actually HAVE alchemical secrets?

I know I do, and I'm willing to trade
    If at first you don't succeed....

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post

I've heard this from so many people over the years that I cringe when I hear it. Almost 99% of the time they are wrong. There are numerous 'supposed' secrets, but only very few real secrets. How do you know that your secrets are bona fide?

Please tell me you're joking...

Blog Entries
    Well, the thread is about secrecy, and I'm the kind of person that associates secrecy with darkness, manipulation and bad intentions. Sure, people have there reasons, all I'm saying is that their reasoning is flawed and prideful.

Why, you wanna swap secrets?

Had this forum been a more open place, I would have already revealed my secrets but since most people tend to keep their cards close to their chest, I've done the same. (-ish).

You have to remember, that I basically did ten years of alchemy before I ever spoke to another alchemist. I had the pleasure of having a completely fresh viewpoint on alchemy, and it did me wonders in my early years because nature has been my main teacher, authors are only auxiliary, usually for some piece of technical methodology.

Example: Golden chain of Homer. I understood most of that stuff before I read the book, but when I DID read it, it enhanced my understanding by teaching me more intricacies about how the elements relate to one another individually, which was important info that I didn't have.

Sharing is caring

People are sick, and a lot of the time, it is not their fault.

We, as the AlchemyForums community, ought to be doing all we can about that, IMO.

And, that's just simply not going to happen unless we work together. Is it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    I've heard this from so many people over the years that I cringe when I hear it. Almost 99% of the time they are wrong. There are numerous 'supposed' secrets, but only very few real secrets. How do you know that your secrets are bona fide?
    I am a practical alchemist, so, usually through experience.

Other secrets I "feel" I have but that could be bogus because I haven't experimented on them. But, I've made some pretty cool stuff, which, if I was a good businessman, would have its own patent and be sold internationally. Metallurgy is a very important science, one that I believe I can contribute towards, but do not, because I won't be giving it to this worlds evil minded people, due to the fact that humans aren't mature enough to handle the technology they have already; without me adding to their weaponry.

Nevertheless, scientific discoveries have always been my main goal, right after cure cancer and become a god.

In fact, I was born with all those goals pre-built into my brain. It was a horrific shock to my system at about the age of 16 when I realised that not everyone else thought the same way I did. A huge, terrifying shock.

You still see me effected by it to this day when I have my little "no faith in humanity" freak outs, which appear in various places on this forum. (Apprentice WANTED and One In Purpose threads)

What would you regard as true secrets vs. fake secrets?
    Last edited by elixirmixer; 04-09-2017 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Trying to make sense

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    I wasn't talking about you, rather the remark about people who have certain "powers" are equal to Lennon killers.

You mean people who think they have "certain powers". And yes, some of them end up bonkers, specially after they start hearing "voices" inside their heads.

Are you perhaps hearing such "voices", dev? Did my observations of what can happen to people who "hear" such things touch a nerve by any chance?

I am a practical alchemist, so, usually through experience.

Other secrets I "feel" I have but that could be bogus because I haven't experimented on them. But, I've made some pretty cool stuff, which, if I was a good businessman, would have its own patent and be sold internationally. Metallurgy is a very important science, one that I believe I can contribute towards, but do not, because I won't be giving it to this worlds evil minded people, due to the fact that humans aren't mature enough to handle the technology they have already; without me adding to their weaponry.

Nevertheless, scientific discoveries have always been my main goal, right after cure cancer and become a god.

In fact, I was born with all those goals pre-built into my brain. It was a horrific shock to my system at about the age of 16 when I realised that not everyone else thought the same way I did. A huge, terrifying shock.

You still see me effected by it to this day when I have my little "no faith in humanity" freak outs, which appear in various places on this forum. (Apprentice WANTED and One In Purpose threads)

What would you regard as true secrets vs. fake secrets?
    How can you have any "alchemical secrets" when you don't know how to make the secret solvent/water which is absolutely necessary to make the Stone? And if you do discover it, then you won't want to "trade it" for anything. This is once again a proper place to insert the very pertinent comments made by the early 17th century alchemist Michael Maier in his treatise entitled "Examen Fucorum Pseudo-Chymicorum", regarding those who in his times pretended to have "alchemical secrets" to sell to others:

"It goes against all reason that someone who really had mastered this great art, tested over and over again in experiments, would want to sell this knowledge to another for a piece of bread or a bit of gold.
    It is an unmistakable sign of the pseudo-chymist that he wants to sell gold for gold, something uncertain as fact, and something priceless for very little. If he doesn't really possess it (i.e. the alchemical secret), then it is as if he had sold wind and empty words for money. If the latter is the case, then the scoundrel receives too much money for the wind, and the buyer is cheated. If the former is the case, then the seller is cheated."

Maier's above comments and observations are as logical and to the point today as they were 400 years ago when he published them. Anyone who discovers how to make the Stone/Elixir will neither sell it or trade it for anything. If he did, he would be cheated, as practically nothing else in the world is as valuable. But if it is a person who does not know the secret, then he is selling "empty wind", or at the very least something else that is not the alchemical secret properly, so the buyer is the one who is cheated.
    Last edited by JDP; 04-09-2017 at 02:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread