Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Secrecy & Alchemical Initiations

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    "Something worthwhile", possibly
    I'm not asking for explicit steps or any details, just asking what did you learn or see while traveling?

(Such as: "I saw gold dissolved in a liquid", "I learned how to make the Philosopher's Stone", "I got my dick sucked", etc.)

Blog Entries
    My intention with posting about some of my travels and encounters is not to say what I've learned or seen (it would be just words on a message board), but to hopefully encourage/inspire alchemists from all over the world to form actual friendships, travel and meet in person, work together in the lab, etc... Away from the virtual interfaces of internet boards, that's where the magic happens...
    § צא דיבוק §

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    There are also many who offer advice. But take this with a grain of salt, since, until one has actually accomplished the Stone, his/her advice may not be correct.
    I second that.

I myself have been "guilty" of giving advice (in PM) based on my practical work experience, but I will no longer reply to any such PMs. Firstly, because even though I have witnessed some truly awesome stuff with alchemically obtained matters, I have not completed the Stone. Secondly, because I'm often "bombarded" with such PMs by quite a few people, and questions mostly tend to lead to even more questions, so basically I won't have a life anymore if I keep replying. And when/if I stop replying, some people start acting up and getting angry like I owe them something. Also, it seems I have failed to inspire a quest for a deeper under/inner-standing, and most questions I receive in PM are of a "technician" nature. So I apologize in advance, but no more replies from me to lab work related PMs. Besides, I haven't truly completed the Work, so what do I know anyway

I'll still keep in touch with less then a handful of people here, I have SO much respect and gratitude for you guys, you know who you are. But it will be through other (private) channels.

This being said, I am of course open to forming new friendships here, and possibly even meet in person with new people, and who knows what interesting collaborations may develop...
    § צא דיבוק §

Blog Entries
    Well since we're all getting so emotional here; I too would like to say thank you to all of the people who hold 'anti-recipe hunter' standards.

To have an understanding of Alchemy is too have an understanding of Nature herself. And what could be more valuable than that?

I apologize for my fair share of "TELL ME HOW TO FUCKIN DO IT!!!" However i dont have any animosity towards anyone who choses not to share; those people (such as Andro) have already given HEAPS if you take the time to hunt down their posts. I did have animosity at first because i was so pissed off that i had never even heard of SM when i got here and you all talked about it like it was incredibly vital and that alchemy wasnt alchemy without it....

Which did make me feel insecure and pissed off that i, the great ElixirMixer himself, didnt know a bee's dick worth of alchemy at all. Still dont really. My mind often wondered around from matter to matter and still has not yet solidified.

Im still wondering whether or not that maybe Gurr could be the true starting matter and not all this Gypsum; Salt petre, linestone ect stuff.

Of course my own personal work which is finally soon to commence (still about 4 months away) has nothing to do with any of those things. It will be my attempt to make THE stone, and not A Stone.

Ive got a deep link now with the luna radiation path. As its the first path that i was able to.... "fix?" for lack of a better word.

Continued here: Travel Ideas & Plans
    Last edited by Andro; 07-02-2018 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Thread topic management.
    If at first you don't succeed....

Imo mimicing and having role models is not only very important for the youth, but for adults as well.

No one will reproduce 1000 years of knowledge from scratch and become a master with the aid of a few gnostic principles.
    In the worst case practicing alchemy and/or chemistry is physically dangerous.
    That's the first thing one should learn from other people.
    The rest or the greater arcanums/curiousities are more likely to be reached in team work.
    One can now wait for others to reach a certain level of practical understanding to exchange experience so everyone can profit from each other, or one can try to teach others which imo would be more efficient (if sensibly made - without false authority or dogmas).
    One can of course ask, if a forum like this is an appropiate space for this or not and if one wants to do that, or is able to. Therefore I understand you Andro. It takes courage to deny help, but sometimes is necessary and better for all involved.

And of course it depends on the topic, which promises to solve the biggest mysteries of the world or maybe at least transmutation of metals. It is not easy to openly share those information even if one only thinks or is convinced one is somehow on the right track

Nevertheless I'd again like to thank you for the kind help you gave me so far!
    Last edited by Florius Frammel; 07-02-2018 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    And of course it depends on the topic, which promises to solve the biggest mysteries of the world or maybe at least transmutation of metals. It is not easy to openly share those information even if only thinks or is convinced one is somehow on the right track.
    In fact, that's what most "chymists" and even some chemists (among the few who knew the reality of transmutation) did. Some of these guys even spent fortunes testing all manner of processes. They discovered the hard way (the only way so far) that the majority of them are just phony baloney while a minority do work. But instead of sharing the results of all their testings openly and thus clearing the "path" to successful processes for future generations to come, in order to more easily continue such investigations, they in fact kept most of these results a secret or only shared info about them among their close friends. So, even after some of them warning us that about 3/4 or more of such processes are lies and nonsense, we are still pretty much in the same mess they were in, since they did not bother to clearly and in an orderly fashion tell us which ones are the ones that work and which ones do not. The only way through this mess, then, is pure hardcore empiricism, the same thing they had to resort to; there is no other way. There's few more or less trustworthy "guides", as even the best "chymists" were sometimes guilty of deliberate lies, honest errors and/or exaggeration. What would be much needed for the researcher is a treatise that "purged" the phony baloney processes and "segregated" them from the ones that do work. Some of those "chymists" who tested tons of processes could easily have done that, but alas! such a text has never been published anywhere (there are a few "approximations" to that, though, where a given large number of such processes are compiled & tested and the results given, but even those contain erroneous or exaggerated results, which must be carefully further "purged" to get at the truly working processes.) But such a text might be published sometime in the future...

But such a text might be published sometime in the future...
    It looks like some academics are seriously working on transmutation too. Though not openly, at least that's what Lawrence Principe claims somewhere in this lecture:

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    It looks like some academics are seriously working on transmutation too. Though not openly, at least that's what Lawrence Principe claims somewhere in this lecture:

Yes, and if you have read Principe's books, even though he maintains an "official" academic stance and does not openly say he believes in transmutation, you can't help but feel that he himself has been engaged in experiments of the sort (I mean, besides the ones he openly talks about in his books.) Who knows if he has found out some of the working ones already, and just like many others who did so in the past, has been keeping this to himself to continue his own research on the subject. I know I have! But one day I will "break the silence" and smash the "vicious circle"...

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Yes, and if you have read Principe's books, even though he maintains an "official" academic stance and does not openly say he believes in transmutation, you can't help but feel that he himself has been engaged in experiments of the sort (I mean, besides the ones he openly talks about in his books.) Who knows if he has found out some of the working ones already, and just like many others who did so in the past, has been keeping this to himself to continue his own research on the subject. I know I have! But one day I will "break the silence" and smash the "vicious circle"...
    I had the same feeling when reading his book "Secrets of Alchemy", which I'd like to recommend to anyone seriously interested in practical alchemy.

And I'm looking forward to when your silence breaking will/might happen.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    But one day I will "break the silence" and smash the "vicious circle"...
    Circles are broken in the present moment... or the circle continues.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread