Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AMORC

Blog Entries

AMORC

Speaking of secrecy (as we have these past few days) I have joined my local AMORC!

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

hello dev,

you post made me curious about the AMORC, so i looked into the german forum where it says that there are a lot of costs like entrance fee(40€), anual membership(378€), studying material(?€), providing of studying material(?€), and extra courses(?€). i have access to a few Rosenkreutzer documents(a letter or maybe two and a few tabletts) which were all pretty enlightening, but those guys seem a bit fishy for someone who is used to get things granted. i would like to get some first hand info from you and if your local AMORC is different.
    thanks in advance
    Last edited by Awani; 10-31-2012 at 07:37 AM.

Blog Entries
    Yes there is always a fee... I guess they too have rent to pay for their lodges etc.

Mind you I joined today, so I can't say much at this point.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

The era of organised hierarchic structures is over.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by horticult View Post
    The era of organised hierarchic structures is over.
    I agree, I am mostly interested in their library...

I can vouch for an AMORC initiate. I unsubsribed with some difficulty which put my account balance at $-33.00... Ultimately, the whole misunderstanding was resolved and the overdraft penalty was waived.

I can't say I remember much specific, but the whole literature was very enlightening in a very orderly fashion. I did appreciate the intention behind the series, for I feel the information was very much posturing an open state of mind to receive insight.

Weekly, very thorough, small pamphlets, averaging about 10-15 pages of substance would imbue a more expanded perception of reality... covering topics such as History of the order, lineage, symbolism, space/time, etc.

Prior to termination I had received considerable material that elevated me to the next tier in the hierarchical ascension of said status, being a Neophyte..

I've said enough. But, as a student, I intend to subscribe again soon.

Blog Entries
    Yes they bombard you with small pamphlets on a variety of topics... still it is all stuff that I know about... so I am still waiting to see how deep they will go furhter on. It is quite costly to be a member if you are unemployed or a student, but considering the amount they send I think the price is reasonable.

/frater dev

Last edited by Awani; 10-31-2012 at 07:37 AM.

I'd concur with dev here... I'm an FRC in AMORC too... what seems to be their most redeeming features is that certain of their topics they tend to focus on connect with the path common in Western/European spirituality, that being attunement or communion with the cosmic, meditation, concentration etc, which is suggested to the neophyte in terms of exercises. Definitely basic stuff @ the beginning, and their material on alchemy certainly doesn't impress me, but as far as making contact with a group of seekers who are serious about what they are studying its certainly better than some other organizations, quality-wise.

Fraternally
    Last edited by Awani; 10-31-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Yes they bombard you with small pamphlets on a variety of topics... still it is all stuff that I know about... so I am still waiting to see how deep they will go furhter on. It is quite costly to be a member if you are unemployed or a student, but considering the amount they send I think the price is reasonable.

/frater dev

AMORC is a brain washing order and should be avoided. Founded on lies who's only goal is make money. I was in the planes degree's and it took me that long to find out that Lewis only dreamed his initiation in France. Sorry if i offend anyone but I am sure many on here will agree with me.
    Last edited by Awani; 10-31-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    I am aware of stories like that, I was so before I joined. But I enjoy experience and I like to see an order from the inside. I find it interesting. Also the subjects discussed are interesting of course.

In my opinion most things are brainwashing: culture, politics, schools etc... and I can hold my own in any environment. Some are weak and get sucked in and become blind and dogmatic due to brainwashing, I don't get this syndrome myself.

Nothing can be changed from the outside... only from within. For example that is why the US lost in Vietnam

+ Reply to Thread