Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 185

Thread: Success

  1. #131
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    191
    The trouble comes from "knowing" something as "fact"...when in reality you are just impressing upon the nature something that is only there in your imagination. It is why I hold steadfast to this quote by Vaughn.

    There are many Platonics -- and this last century hath afforded them some apish disciples -- who discourse very boldly of the similitudes of inferiors and superiors; but if we thoroughly search their trash it is a pack of small conspiracies -- namely, of the heliotrope and the sun, iron and the lodestone, the wound and the weapon. It is excellent sport to hear how they crow, being roosted on these pitiful particulars, as if they knew the universal magnet which binds this great frame and moves all the members of it to a mutual compassion. This is an humour much like that of Don Quixote, who knew Dulcinea but never saw her.
    Ζογκλέρ που Καταπίωει Φωτιές

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    4,581
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephælios View Post
    The trouble comes from "knowing" something as "fact"...when in reality you are just impressing upon the nature something that is only there in your imagination.
    That's what feedback is for

    Besides, how would you name a Reality that your Imagination manages to impress upon Nature?

    The term 'Fact' comes to mind...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hephælios View Post
    In reality you are just impressing upon the nature something that is only there in your imagination.
    Reality... Nature... Imagination...

    There are wonderful software applications for de-fragmenting computer hard drives.
    But what can be done about the fragmented mind?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    "the universal magnet which binds this great frame"
    Yes, it's the exact same universal magnet that "binds this great frame" which also holds the key to de-fragmenting our minds and to lifting the veil of separation between reality, nature, imagination and all possible worlds being simultaneously dreamt up between something and nothing

    Since you still view these concepts as separated (not bound together), you demonstrate a lack of intimate aquaintance with this Universal Magnet - which ironically places you in the same league of 'platonics' that Vaughn is talking about

    Quote Originally Posted by Hephælios View Post
    It is why I hold steadfast to this quote by Vaughn.
    Holding too steadfast may not be in the best interest of progress/advancement...
    Last edited by Andro; 01-24-2010 at 11:08 PM.

  3. #133
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,048
    it is as a yin-yang: the order is in the chaos and the chaos is in the order, and all things come from the one through adaption/transmutation, but all of that comes by the underlying Truth, the Reality that is infact there. Not an illusion, but what is real. "Just as all things come from the One Thing, through the meditation of the One Mind, so are all things made..." If the laws thats govern the One Thing, and the art of the One Mind are not "reality", then nothing exists, including us, and so this whole conversation and all works, past present and future, are nothing.

    "I Think, therefore I Am." obviously we all are thinking, its how we type here, its what we type, so thus we must be, and if we are real, and obviously we are, then there is a Real Truth and that underlies it all, and THAT is the key to all success, to all Art, and to all Wisdom, Nature, and Application of Knowledge.

    Otherwise, all is lost, chaotic, and non-existent, and if you were to change that which isnt real, so what?


    ~Seth-Ra
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    191
    Besides, how would you name a Reality that your Imagination manages to impress upon Nature?
    So the full moon somehow alters your urine? What reasoning you come to that gives you that notion is beyond me. That is what I was referring to in regard to Leo's post.
    The differenciation between 'dream' and 'real' exists only in our fragmented minds.
    And this is something you "know" and hold as "fact"?... Please feel free to muddle and alter more things with your speculations that you hold as "facts".
    Ζογκλέρ που Καταπίωει Φωτιές

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    4,581
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth-Ra View Post
    If the laws thats govern the One Thing, and the art of the One Mind are not "reality", then nothing exists, including us, and so this whole conversation and all works, past present and future, are nothing.
    Nothing, indeed. And Something, as well

    Just as there are 'laws' that govern the One Thing, there are 'laws' that govern the No Thing.

    Just as there is the art of the One Mind, there is also the art of the No Mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth-Ra View Post
    Otherwise, all is lost, chaotic, and non-existent, and if you were to change that which isnt real, so what?
    Creation is an infinite dance between Something and Nothing. Trying too hard to pin it down to one extreme or another may have unpleasant effects on one's spiritual sanity

  6. #136
    I would like to demonstrate some examples on how imagination does in fact impress upon reality. Before I begin I will state that with much assertion that underlying alchemical force that enables such action is the role of the philosophical mercury.

    First let me draw your attention to the movie/documentary "What the Bleep Down the Rabbit Hole" , I know the work of Dr. Emoto has been discussed on this forum in the past and has resurfaced recently in the First Snow thread started by True Puffer. If mercury is the information/identity or communication of matter then it isn't a far stretch to conceive how thoughts can in fact impress upon the nature of matter. And how thought can influence the growth of ice crystals.

    In addition, in studying quantum mechanics and quantum phenomenon one can see that at a certain level the laws that govern larger matter on a macro level which are Newton Laws and even General Relativity do not in fact hold sway over subatomic physics on the micro level. This is why the two fields remain unreconciled to this day(General Relativity&Quantum Mechanics). This was an arguement that went back and forth between Einstein and Niels Bohr for quite some time because Einstein could not come to grips with the fact that "God does in fact play dice with the universe" And so Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle remains in tact until this day. This is why a physicist can never really observe matter at this level wholly objectionably because the simple act of observation influences the results.

    Hence this is why the cold fusion work of Pons and Fleishman could not be duplicated at every university, simply because those with already preconceived ideals about matter did not have the power to influence upon nature with their thoughts on the quantum level.

    Alchemists are truly wisemen and this is why they stress the importance of a good beginning theurgy before you go onto your work with matter (lab alchemy).
    Last edited by LeoRetilus; 01-25-2010 at 09:18 AM.

  7. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    4,581
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephælios View Post
    So the full moon somehow alters your urine? What reasoning you come to that gives you that notion is beyond me.
    Appearently it is, indeed, beyond you

    Quote Originally Posted by Hephælios View Post
    And this is something you "know" and hold as "fact"?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hephælios View Post
    Please feel free to muddle and alter more things with your speculations that you hold as "facts".
    Oh, I feel very free...

    One's fact is another's speculation. One's sense is another's nonsense... The wonders of diversity - but still with plenty of common ground left to dream together ! ! !
    Can you see the beauty of it? And how agonizingly boring it would be otherwise?

    Besides, isn't 'muddling' and 'altering' what Alchemy/Art is all about?

    Why are you here? And where are you going?

    Sweet Dreams
    Last edited by Andro; 01-24-2010 at 11:50 PM.

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    571
    "The horror! The horror!"

  9. #139
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,048
    Androgynus i think you misunderstand what i mean by chaos. What you are calling the No Think and the No Mind, are all that of chaos = destructive to order, like fire, yet endless/boundless, the infinite possibilities, like a blank canvas. In order to manifest the possibilities one desire though, one must "draw" with the proper tools, and the proper shapes. You can, even with that, create "abstract"/"chaotic" order, but if one wants gold, one must draw gold. If one drew lead, but want to change it to gold, then one must harness both the chaos (blankness resulting in possibilities) and order to fix the possibility youre after.

    Since our universe is already made, we have to use the chaos and the order to adapt and change what we will, but even that is governed by the law. Art can be done in many ways, but all ways are done by Law of Chaos and Order, Adaption to form Creation, otherwise, its not there, never happened, and is not.


    ~Seth-Ra
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

  10. #140
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    4,581
    Blog Entries
    1
    I can't say that I disagree with you. Me may have different concepts of 'law' and I would also re-phrase "the universe is already made" into "the universe is already in the making" - but altogether I feel there is more common ground than difference between our perceptions

    Now I suggest we stop before Mr. Horticult becomes an innocent victim of this horrifying discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth-Ra View Post
    Androgynus i think you misunderstand what i mean by chaos. What you are calling the No Think and the No Mind, are all that of chaos = destructive to order, like fire, yet endless/boundless, the infinite possibilities, like a blank canvas. In order to manifest the possibilities one desire though, one must "draw" with the proper tools, and the proper shapes. You can, even with that, create "abstract"/"chaotic" order, but if one wants gold, one must draw gold. If one drew lead, but want to change it to gold, then one must harness both the chaos (blankness resulting in possibilities) and order to fix the possibility youre after.

    Since our universe is already made, we have to use the chaos and the order to adapt and change what we will, but even that is governed by the law. Art can be done in many ways, but all ways are done by Law of Chaos and Order, Adaption to form Creation, otherwise, its not there, never happened, and is not.
    Last edited by Andro; 01-25-2010 at 12:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts