Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forum / Subforum Descriptions & Layout Changes

Forum / Subforum Descriptions & Layout Changes

I would like to give everybody a chance to express their opinions on the current structure of the board.
    • Do you like the way we have the forum / subforums divived? Or do you think something is confusing?
    • What about the forum / subforum descriptions? What would you change?

Please keep in mind we're still in the process of working on the default layout / color scheme for the board. All of this is a work in progress. I should also mention a new banner design is in the works.

I'll be the first to point out a change.
    Phytotherapy
    Dew, Entheogens, Ethnobotany, Folk Medicine, Herbalism, Pharmacognosy, Plants and Psychonauts.
    I think Dew should be taken off the list. It should be related to the main general alchemy section. It's only loosely related to the others.

Metallurgy & Mineralogy
    Alloys, Base Metals, Crystals, Elements, Minerals and Salts.
    I also wonder why this section should be considered separate from the general alchemy section. It seems these things are very closely related to the original subject matter.

Blog Entries
    I shall remove DEW.

I think we should have more sections in the Practical Alchemy section... problem is how we divide it the best wihtout causing to much confusion?
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

I think we should have more sections in the Practical Alchemy section... problem is how we divide it the best without causing to much confusion?
    I'm not against a good selection of subforums, but I do question the confusion issue. If we can come up with a good selection of subforums for the practical alchemy section then I would be all for it. Right now the whole thing seems a little confusing to me, but I'm probably a bit more OCD than most people.

Blog Entries
    Perhaps we should just have two?

In the parent forum called Practical Alchemy anything can be discussed that is related.

Subforum 1: herbal, folkmedicine, natural substances etc
    Subforum 2: chemistry and science related
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    I have made the Practical Alchemy section into one big section. Let us leave it as that till we discover during postings that we need a subforum... they should come naturally...

As for Spiritual Alchemy I leave it as it is since the subforums are relevant:

Astrologia = divination, astronomy etc

Hermeticism = obvious

Spiritus Vitae = mainly sexual alchemy

+ Reply to Thread