Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Alchemy

Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Alchemy

I've seen mention of sexual alchemy- What about fetishes, or asexuality, or homosexuality? Do they fit in anywhere in Alchemy, and if so, where? If the point the physical act of the sex or the spiritual connection between a couple?

Blog Entries
    Not sure about Fetishsm and such things, but sexual alchemy, tantra etc. does not really have to be a man and a woman. Two sexual and spiritual beings is all it takes. I think some of the famous alchemists were homosexual or at least bi... can't recall which ones since it is not important. All beings are bi (imho), like it or not.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by deviadah View Post
    Not sure about Fetishsm and such things, but sexual alchemy, tantra etc. does not really have to be a man and a woman. Two sexual and spiritual beings is all it takes.
    I appreciate your writing that! You may wish to read my last post in the 'Bollywood' thread, especially the last part.

Quote Originally Posted by deviadah View Post
    I think some of the famous alchemists were homosexual or at least bi...
    And not by coincidence

You've made my day with this post.

Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    I've seen mention of sexual alchemy- What about fetishes, or asexuality, or homosexuality?
    I changed the title of this thread to Sexual orientation and Alchemy because it makes it more clear and diverse (good subject btw).

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    And this in an Alchemy forum, so there's an Alchemical angle to this: The true Alchemical marriage is the marriage between the polarities within ourselves. Looking for the opposite polarity outside ourselves (the 'hetero' Modus Operandi) is basically looking outside ourselves for something we (falsely) percieve to be lacking within.
    Yin-yang and man/woman... it is easy to see from where the symbolism comes, but it doesn't make it the decisive answer. We once had a transvestite alchemist here, but not around anymore, and it didn't seem to impede his Art... one could argue that those that accept their bi-sexuality are closer to a yin-yang rather than a Yin or a Yang... if I can simplify what I mean.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    In my studies of Gnosticism, I was surprised how it kept returning
    to homosexuality, or homosexual acts.

Knights Templar, Jesus and Lazarus, Leonardo da Vinci, Crowley...
    the list is long.

There was a time where this was quite accepted and normal. I
    would say the majority of history was this way.
    Movies like "Alexander" show something of this.
    In "Troy", they didn't show the true relation of Achilles and
    Patriclus - lovers, not cousins.

I don't know what to make of it.

I think I read something about how the anal sex awakened some
    energy or something with the prostate.??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by solomon levi View Post
    I think I read something about how the anal sex awakened some energy or something with the prostate.??
    True, there is power in having your Virgin Earth imbibed with some high quality bituminous Sulfur, but the key lies not so much in anal sex as it does in same gender affection/romantic love.

Those insights have important Alchemical implications, lab work included. More than this I will gladly discuss with you in private, if you so wish.

Put 2 homos in the flask and you can wait 4 eternity...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by horticult View Post
    Put 2 homos in the flask and you can wait 4 eternity...

???

sterile

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by horticult View Post
    Put 2 homos in the flask and you can wait 4 eternity... sterile
    Put 2 heteros in a flask, and you'll have the wonderful, paradisical and utopian world we're all living in today ( )

Maybe the phrase 'As Above, So Below' rings a bell ?

Mr. Horticult,

Observations such as yours were to be expected. You are where you're at, and that's OK.
    We must all pass through these stages throughout our many incarnations on this planet.
    Please understand that I make no judgement of values, only of compatibility.

Best of luck with your Great Work.

You'll need it

Everyone else,

Alchemy Work is not about putting '2 homos in a flask', as Mr. Horticult charmingly put it. The starting material is One, although heterogenous in its vulgar state (! !) - which means it has its own internal polarities separated and conflicted, as a result of social and genetic programming in human beings, for example. The Work is often described as casting off the heterogenous superfluities, cooking One's own internal polarities to a state of perfect marriage, indistinguishable from eachother, or, in other words, homogenous. This goes beyond Yin/Yang - this is True Balance.

Intimacy with another spirit ocuppying a same-gender physical vehicle allows one to experience BOTH polarities inside oneself, without identifying with one of them and without seeking the opposite polarity outside oneself (like heteros do).

The Alchemical Marriage is an internal one, and it's quite unlikely to happen if in your life you seek out the opposite gender polarity to 'complete' you, instead of realizing you are both in one AND acting upon it.

However, if your goal is to have a lot of babies, that's a different story altogether - go for it, there's plenty of room for more

I have much more to say on the topic of Homosexuality and Alchemy, but for now I've decided to wait a bit longer before I do so.
    Last edited by Andro; 12-22-2009 at 05:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread